+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DSD is an awesome sleeper.

DSS is shocking. What I have noticed to be "wrong" with him is that he 'wakes' between sleep periods (maybe every 2 hours ish) and sits up automatically. Looks around, plays, etc. He absolutely refuses to just go back to sleep, even though it is dark (and therefore sleep time).
    Yet, he falls asleep on the bus, train, car, sitting on the couch, etc all day long.

We have tried everything, but it doesn't change. For now, we have told him that he not allowed to leave his room (other than to use the loo) before we get up in the morning (6.30-7am), or he will not get his own room when we move (DSD will- technically they will have their own rooms, but will sleep in "DSS's room" and DSD has every right to not let him in her room as "his" room is not his).
    So far, we have had a whole week without him coming in to wake us (or waking DSD)*, though he still wakes up.

*This was the problem- him waking DSD "just because" (his words), or us... not exactly his waking. Though that is annoying as it means we cannot do anything with the kids at the weekend because he is exhausted, and when exhausted he whinges and cries at everything (even stuff he loves).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thank you Mods. I really appreciate it.

I will reply about my kids later when i have a bit more time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Sleeping Like A Baby

Yes! Wonderful thread idea!

Dd is a cr@p sleeper, she has had moments in her 19 months of life where she has slept well for a few months at a time but it never stays and honestly as much as I would love if magically one day she slept through I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

We had a few rough nights months ago when I put her in a toddler bed and then she settled into it and slept through for a tiny little while, now all of a sudden she doesn't even fall asleep in her bed at all and cries to be in mine so I let her.

She's moves too much, she kicks me, if she wakes in the middle of the night she pulls my hair (that I do have a problem with lol who wouldn't at 2am) but I just kind of let it all slide and hope when she's older and understands she will sleep in her own bed by herself.
    Last edited by DreamyMummy; 16-08-2015 at 18:51.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Thank you @Mod-Nomsie
    @Rose&Aurelia:

When you have time it would be really nice if you feel like it to set out all the things you have done over the years to help manage your sleep deprivation. I know many many times when my kids were babies I came on here looking for support and when I read all you have been through and done to cope it really helped my head space.

Not to put you on the spot or anything 😉

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (16-08-2015),Sally1981  (29-06-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My son has been awake since seven this morning. 13 hours. I am not impressed.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I don't really consider ds' sleep to be terrible...it just is what it is and I try to go with it. Neither dh's or my sleep is perfect so I don't expect ds to be.

Ds still wakes a couple of times overnight...to be honest it's most annoying in the evening when I want to get stuff done or have some me time (he won't settle for dh). But as we cosleep once I go to bed I don't notice many of his wakeups. He often sleeps on top of me though and he is very heavy, sometimes I get sick of being squished!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    My son has been awake since seven this morning. 13 hours. I am not impressed.
    Yeah tell him that's not on. The trade off for no day sleep is an early night. Didn't he get the message?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I don't really consider ds' sleep to be terrible...it just is what it is and I try to go with it. Neither dh's or my sleep is perfect so I don't expect ds to be.

Ds still wakes a couple of times overnight...to be honest it's most annoying in the evening when I want to get stuff done or have some me time (he won't settle for dh). But as we cosleep once I go to bed I don't notice many of his wakeups. He often sleeps on top of me though and he is very heavy, sometimes I get sick of being squished!
    God that is one thing that does my head in. I have co-slept with all my kids (except DD2 who hates sharing her bed) and I can handle sleeping beside them but I hate it when they sleep on me as it makes me sweat like a pig. I let them but I lie there and spend most of the night trying to carefully move them off me until I finally get them over to the other side at around 4 am and then have a nice uninterrupted 2 hour sleep.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-08-2015),harvs  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    You know what I love about ds needing me to feed him to sleep?

All the delicious cuddles I get and being able to comfort him whenever he needs me. Sometimes we are so busy during the day that it's nice to be able to just stop and be still for a while. He won't cuddle me like this when he is 15!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (16-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I let them but I lie there and spend most of the night trying to carefully move them off me until I finally get them over to the other side at around 4 am and then have a nice uninterrupted 2 hour sleep.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I like that ds is warm as I tend to get cold easily but my abs just can't take his weight! It gets very uncomfortable quite quickly. I'm getting better at judging when I can roll him off without waking him. We often joke that we have a kitten pile going on.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (16-08-2015),TwiceBlessed  (17-08-2015)