+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I so needed to read this. I am struggling so badly with having a 'bad' sleeper. It seems like all my mum friends have these amazing sleeping babies and I get myself so worked up. Then feel awful about putting expectations on my beautiful boy. Talk about hormonal emotional overload! Thanks ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping Like A Baby

Quote Originally Posted by GemJane View Post
    I so needed to read this. I am struggling so badly with having a 'bad' sleeper. It seems like all my mum friends have these amazing sleeping babies and I get myself so worked up. Then feel awful about putting expectations on my beautiful boy. Talk about hormonal emotional overload! Thanks ladies xx
    Don't feel bad. Do what works for you. Put Google and all the crappy rigid routines down, read the baby not the clock and have confidence to realise your his mum so are doing what's right for him. Babies can't be put into some cookie cutter routine. They're human after all.

Once the pressure to have a perfect baby goes it gets so much fun!

Think of all the things we get to have as mums of 'bad sleepers'.. Naps with my baby are the best.. One day she'll be too big to do it so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (19-02-2016),GemJane  (19-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-02-2016),twinklify  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What PP said.

Follow your baby. Enjoy your baby. You do not have a bad baby. You have a perfect baby. He is your perfect baby.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (19-02-2016),GemJane  (19-02-2016),twinklify  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think we sometimes get overly obsessed with thinking our child has to sleep through the night asap.

I've got a "bad" sleeper he has been pretty much since birth and I've tried just about everything though I wasn't prepared to do controlled crying or any Tizzie hall methods. I've created many "bad" habits, I fed to sleep, my son is still cuddled, sung and rocked to sleep. Yep it's been hellish at times but now I've just gotten used to almost 3 years of little or broken sleep.

I've finally realised that my child doesn't fit the mould. I wish I'd realised this sooner and just accepted what he needs, isn't what the baby books and advice say he should need. He's hyper, super active and his brain just can't shut down. He's really affectionate and needs physical contact and loves being cuddled to sleep. He's bright and super confident, he takes life head on, will try anything and is really social. One day very soon, he won't want to sit on my lap and grab my arms and wrap them around him, to be sung to sleep. All the nights of rocking and singing and him wanting to sleep cuddled up to me all night will be over in a blink.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (19-02-2016),GemJane  (19-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (20-02-2016),Hopeful1975  (23-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (19-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-02-2016),twinklify  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's beautiful @Clementine Grace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I think we sometimes get overly obsessed with thinking our child has to sleep through the night asap.

I've got a "bad" sleeper he has been pretty much since birth and I've tried just about everything though I wasn't prepared to do controlled crying or any Tizzie hall methods. I've created many "bad" habits, I fed to sleep, my son is still cuddled, sung and rocked to sleep. Yep it's been hellish at times but now I've just gotten used to almost 3 years of little or broken sleep.

I've finally realised that my child doesn't fit the mould. I wish I'd realised this sooner and just accepted what he needs, isn't what the baby books and advice say he should need. He's hyper, super active and his brain just can't shut down. He's really affectionate and needs physical contact and loves being cuddled to sleep. He's bright and super confident, he takes life head on, will try anything and is really social. One day very soon, he won't want to sit on my lap and grab my arms and wrap them around him, to be sung to sleep. All the nights of rocking and singing and him wanting to sleep cuddled up to me all night will be over in a blink.
    I have a boy turning 8 tomorrow who wishes he could go back to sleeping on my lap because my lap was the safest, warmest place in the world (his words)
    The "mould" isn't worth your lovely boys time xxx

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (24-02-2016),Clementine Grace  (19-02-2016),GemJane  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I have a boy turning 8 tomorrow who wishes he could go back to sleeping on my lap because my lap was the safest, warmest place in the world (his words)
    The "mould" isn't worth your lovely boys time xxx
    8! Big handsome man you can't ask for better than that mumma, such a beautiful sentiment.

I wish I had realised this sooner. Yes some nights it'd be wonderful to have a kid who goes to sleep on their own at 7pm and stays there all night, but that's just not the kid I got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    What PP said.

Follow your baby. Enjoy your baby. You do not have a bad baby. You have a perfect baby. He is your perfect baby.
    Yes, this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    All of the go with the flow mummies here are making me jealous. I try to relax about my kids sleep (and every other aspect of motherhood) but I'm just too uptight! Haha. I'll get there one day.... Maybe! 😳

If anyone has any tips, please PM me so I don't derail any further 🙂

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (20-02-2016),GemJane  (19-02-2016),harvs  (19-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I've had almost a year of pretty chronic sleep dep and I agree. I think we've become so parent-centred these days, that babies need to fit into rigid rules around us rather than us accommodating them. That they need to be fixed, trained so that it's easier for us. And I wonder if we are losing sight of why we have kids? They aren't just a trendy accessory to sit in the foreground while you keep going on with your life.

And I'm not talking about those that are distressed by months and months of sleep dep. I'm talking about the parents who are planning their sleep training once the baby comes home and treat their kids like a puppy.

I know that's probably going to get backlash.... but yeah it's what I see a lot lately.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (19-02-2016),binnielici  (24-02-2016),Clementine Grace  (19-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-02-2016)