+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We also found out that we are having a boy and a girl. My husband is so happy about having a son, mainly because we already have a 2 year old daughter. He was doing air fist pumps all the way out of the scan centre. I've been thinking of names and I have a few to choose from but I keep coming back to the same ones, Marcus and Maddison.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RAH10 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! So happy i found this thread with twins! ! I'm 18+5w and at the point where I'm just allowing myself to get organized. I kinda didn't want to jinx things before 12 weeks! But everything is going along well. I'm 43yo and already have a DS who will have just turned 2 when the twins arrive! Eek! There's a boy and a girl in there, pigeon pair. I would've been OK with 3 boys, but to have a girl is quite nice .

all 3bubs were conceived thru ivf. We went back for a sibling for ds, put in 2 embryos. The chances of even 1 sticking was pretty slim at my age. ..but here i am!

We're currently in the throes of extending our house, buying a bigger car, buying a double pram, and some bf pillows etc. Holy guacamole. ..busy times!

Now to read previous threads and catch up. Seems quite a few are at the same stage. Sore hips and pregnancy insomnia have set in. 😡 grrr. I love in cairns, so it's pretty tropical, hot and steamy up here. Air con is gonna have to start! !
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 29-11-2015 at 06:40.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-11-2015),Jayteapot  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    I thought I would add something as I was at the OB last night and we were talking about the timing of me finishing work. I had thought originally 5 weeks prior to EDD then decided 7 weeks because of chrismtas etc) then as the heat has increased thought 8 weeks. When I mentioned the 8 weeks (which is only 3 weeks away) to the OB he laughed and said 'yeah if you make it that far'. His view is you have to consider your Fundal Height/Age as well as how you feel when thinking about how you are going with a multiple pregnancy and when you need to 'dial it down'. I am 28.5 weeks and measured 35w yesterday. The OB said that means if I was having a singleton I would be finishing up work next week ie 36w - hence he is sceptical I will last another 3 weeks.

While I can feel the increasing effort day by day I am still finding it hard to get my head around not being able to go to work within 3 weeks. We agreed I would keep going until I had had enough and then he would provide me with a Med Cert for work saying 'she has had enough !'.

So Hopeful and everyone else feeling the effort in the late 20w marks - we are not being lazy or imagining it (I was feeling a bit like I was just being lazy...)

On a different note, had my 1 hour Glucose Tolerance test for Gestational Diabetes yesterday afternoon and now waiting for results. Fingers Crossed it is fine as all the urine tests the midwife has done have been clear so here is hoping. Having just about finished daily Clexane needles, I really don't want to have to replace them with insulin.
    Crikey Cathy! I finished work 6 weeks before my singleton pregnancy! I don't know how you're still at work! Take the time off girl! 😉

Ps I'm also finding it comforting to read that others are finding it hard in this heat and before 20 weeks. I thought i was a wuss too!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel very pleased with myself - pram bought and cots assembled.

Insomnia gone and just left with the reflux and swollen feet and legs. Hubby is doing all housework and most cooking so feeling pretty spoiled

Next OB tomorrow

Finishing up in 15 working days at 31 weeks - countdown is on.

Uncomfy as I've been feeling the little kicks still makes me happy each and every time

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGirl - hee hee. I have worked out a plan with work and will cut down to 4 days for the next 2 weeks and then basically done !

Hopeful - my cots arrive next weekend and then I hope I will feel more organised ! One thing I have done about swollen feet/ankles/etc is to buy a Homedics foot and calf massager. It is rather ugly and quite chunky and wasn't cheap (RRP$350 but you should be able to pick it up for $100 less in Bing Lee etc) . I use it for 30mins every night and it clears up the swelling quite well. It all starts again the next day of course but I am hoping that using it regularly will reduce the chance of fluid accumulating and becoming ridiculous.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MusicalGal
    Welcome!! You are exactly 6 days ahead of me !! How exciting/scary is the thought of twins haha!!
    Hope you're doing well.

I am due 3/5/16, I joined the DUE MAY group on the forum here and have found it very supportive, you would probably fall into the APRIL due date group, you should check it out! (we have three sets of twins due in May, its really great to have someone to chat to and bounce idea's off)

xx

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Yay! So happy i found this thread with twins! ! I'm 18+5w and at the point where I'm just allowing myself to get organized. I kinda didn't want to jinx things before 12 weeks! But everything is going along well. I'm 43yo and already have a DS who will have just turned 2 when the twins arrive! Eek! There's a boy and a girl in there, pigeon pair. I would've been OK with 3 boys, but to have a girl is quite nice������ .

all 3bubs were conceived thru ivf. We went back for a sibling for ds, put in 2 embryos. The chances of even 1 sticking was pretty slim at my age. ..but here i am!

We're currently in the throes of extending our house, buying a bigger car, buying a double pram, and some bf pillows etc. Holy guacamole. ..busy times!

Now to read previous threads and catch up. Seems quite a few are at the same stage. Sore hips and pregnancy insomnia have set in. ������ grrr. I love in cairns, so it's pretty tropical, hot and steamy up here. Air con is gonna have to start! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    I thought I would add something as I was at the OB last night and we were talking about the timing of me finishing work. I had thought originally 5 weeks prior to EDD then decided 7 weeks because of chrismtas etc) then as the heat has increased thought 8 weeks. When I mentioned the 8 weeks (which is only 3 weeks away) to the OB he laughed and said 'yeah if you make it that far'. His view is you have to consider your Fundal Height/Age as well as how you feel when thinking about how you are going with a multiple pregnancy and when you need to 'dial it down'. I am 28.5 weeks and measured 35w yesterday. The OB said that means if I was having a singleton I would be finishing up work next week ie 36w - hence he is sceptical I will last another 3 weeks.

While I can feel the increasing effort day by day I am still finding it hard to get my head around not being able to go to work within 3 weeks. We agreed I would keep going until I had had enough and then he would provide me with a Med Cert for work saying 'she has had enough !'.

So Hopeful and everyone else feeling the effort in the late 20w marks - we are not being lazy or imagining it (I was feeling a bit like I was just being lazy...)

On a different note, had my 1 hour Glucose Tolerance test for Gestational Diabetes yesterday afternoon and now waiting for results. Fingers Crossed it is fine as all the urine tests the midwife has done have been clear so here is hoping. Having just about finished daily Clexane needles, I really don't want to have to replace them with insulin.
    Thanks for that info! Totally forgot to discuss with my Ob last appointment and works been after a letter from 15 weeks 😒

Was planning to get out of there as soon as I can while still meeting ppl requirements, but didn't know if Ob would be happy to sign off on 30 weeks at this stage.
    Can't imagine him not, specially since the job involves lugging around a 20kg suitcase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay - I was a little nervous raising the Med Cert issue with the OB but he said 'of course' and I have heard a couple of other twin girls have had no issue with getting Med Certs that say unfit for work earlier than you might expect.

Well, I did my Gestational Diabetes 2 hour test and came out fine for 2 of the 3 blood tests but borderline for the test at the end of the first hour so, I officially 'failed' and need to monitor blood glucose etc. Like so many things, the rationale is heavly weighted on the twin aspect ofthe pregnancy. The idea is that multiples can impact the quality of the Insulin a mother produces because we have to make so much and that brings on the diabetic diagnosis.

Anyway, I am now checking my blood glucose 6 times a day and cutting out my favourite foods (all sugar based of course) and 2 days in, it hasn't killed me as yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I got cert in last couple of days at 28 weeks.

I have been on here whinging about swelling - turns out have super high blood pressure. They are hoping it doesn't progress to preeclampsia which is pretty sobering

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit scary hopeful, but take it easy and keep getting checked. Hugs to you twin mummy xx