+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    I've been stalking this thread for a few weeks (but scared id jinx myself) but I had my 12 week scan in Wednesday and I am well & truly pregnant with twins!
    Officially due 2st of June but fairly certain they'll come sometime May.

I did have a scan at 6 weeks exactly and we discovered 2 heartbeats so we have know for a while but between all day sickness and my thyroid packing it in it's been hard to get excited.

We already have a gorgeous 6 year old boy so our little family is about to explode!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Jamellabeth ! Welcome to the twinning club!! You are pretty much exactly one month behind me, I am due 3/5

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW 10 weeks ahead @RAH10 ! Is that your uterus or the babies being bigger ? Hope you're ok!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jessy88 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    27 weeks now and really struggling with day to day stuff- walking, standing.

Feel pretty useless yet have ages still to go and lots still to do

How's everyone else

On upside, feeling movement all the time which is magic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - I know your 'pain', though it sounds like you may have it worse than me. I was managing until the heat last week and that wrote me off for the weekend and I still feel off.

I have found generally that my back is sore so fast .... so it was suggeted that I consciously change my posture when standing or walking so that I tuck my pelvis under and my belly pulls back. I have been doing this and it works ! Almost immediate relief for as long as I can do it. Not sure how long it will last but good so far.

I agree re movement - I love laying in bed and feeling it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still chugging along, 29 weeks tomorrow bump measuring 35 weeks last week and feeling very heavy! Babies have both moved so that they are heads together under my ribs which is very painful. It also means that twin 1 turned and is now breech so I'm heading for a c/section at the moment.

The nursery is nearly done though which makes it all feel quite real and my antenatal classes started last week!

Hope everyone else is feeling ok. Just can't wait to meet these babies and wish I knew exactly when they would make an appearance...I like to plan things!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maxinem2112 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel Max, I love being organised and to know when the babies will arrive will help with that. I found it hard enough with my singleton pregnancy but now with twin the whole, the could arrive anytime during the third trimester as kinda stuffed it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maxine - Both mine have been laying across my belly all pregnancy then the upper one "stood up" a fortnight ago and even though he/she was breach I thought that was a good move. Had a detailed scan yesterday and they are both back laying down soo I am not holding my breath for them to do the full gymnastics and get into proper head down position any time soon considering they are going to start to run out of space in a few weeks. Having said that, OB already has said it will be a C section but no date set yet .... I think the plan is to just keep moving forward to as close to 38w as possible which is doing my head in a little too as I too am a planner and would like more definite plans !

RAH - yep, anytime. To try to stop the uncertainty, I just 'say' they are coming in the last 2 weeks of Jan which is 36-38w for me. That at least gives me a time frame to focus on. We shall see though !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I would add something as I was at the OB last night and we were talking about the timing of me finishing work. I had thought originally 5 weeks prior to EDD then decided 7 weeks because of chrismtas etc) then as the heat has increased thought 8 weeks. When I mentioned the 8 weeks (which is only 3 weeks away) to the OB he laughed and said 'yeah if you make it that far'. His view is you have to consider your Fundal Height/Age as well as how you feel when thinking about how you are going with a multiple pregnancy and when you need to 'dial it down'. I am 28.5 weeks and measured 35w yesterday. The OB said that means if I was having a singleton I would be finishing up work next week ie 36w - hence he is sceptical I will last another 3 weeks.

While I can feel the increasing effort day by day I am still finding it hard to get my head around not being able to go to work within 3 weeks. We agreed I would keep going until I had had enough and then he would provide me with a Med Cert for work saying 'she has had enough !'.

So Hopeful and everyone else feeling the effort in the late 20w marks - we are not being lazy or imagining it (I was feeling a bit like I was just being lazy...)

On a different note, had my 1 hour Glucose Tolerance test for Gestational Diabetes yesterday afternoon and now waiting for results. Fingers Crossed it is fine as all the urine tests the midwife has done have been clear so here is hoping. Having just about finished daily Clexane needles, I really don't want to have to replace them with insulin.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the fundal height that is freaking me out a little. If I stay on the same trajectory, eg last week was 20 weeks but measuring 31weeks. That would mean on Christmas I would be measuring 36 weeks at 25 weeks, and measuring 42 weeks at 31 weeks at the end of January. That's why I'm thinking a February delivery will be likely, that would mean the babies would be in the world somewhere been 32 and 35 weeks (that would be a fundal height of between 43 and 46 weeks). I'm really hoping everything slows down.
    Last edited by RAH10; 25-11-2015 at 10:33.