+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @baby245! Here is an unbiased review that you may find useful... http://rollherstroller.com/2013/05/b...on-review.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, u definitely don't want a pram that takes ages to assemble and disassemble. For safety in carparks or while the babies are crying. The bjcmgt fits thru all my doorways at home. You'll only use bassinets for a very short time, whether they be attached to your pram or the bedside type.

You'll soon see that there's a big following for bugaboo, baby wearing and baby jogger. They've all got their own fb sites and mums chiat in groups about the new fancy hoods they accessorized their prams with. Personally, i don't know where they find the time! Lol @Sariele , at first it was a bit awkward for the glider board but i get him to hold the lower bar instead of the handle bar and extend the board out as far as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins due in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Yes, u definitely don't want a pram that takes ages to assemble and disassemble. For safety in carparks or while the babies are crying. The bjcmgt fits thru all my doorways at home. You'll only use bassinets for a very short time, whether they be attached to your pram or the bedside type.

You'll soon see that there's a big following for bugaboo, baby wearing and baby jogger. They've all got their own fb sites and mums chiat in groups about the new fancy hoods they accessorized their prams with. Personally, i don't know where they find the time! Lol @Sariele , at first it was a bit awkward for the glider board but i get him to hold the lower bar instead of the handle bar and extend the board out as far as possible.
    Off topic away from prams; did you use bassinets at home for the first few months?

We have bought two and thought would be a good idea to have so they can be in our room for the first few months to make feeding easier.

I was hoping to use them for at least 3-4 months before using cots full-time.
    Last edited by baby245; 15-08-2016 at 10:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^^ Yep, with my DS he was in a bassinet for the first 3.5 months, and the only reason we stopped then was because we moved to England and didn't want to take it with us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

baby245  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We put ours straight into a cot but together. I strongly believe that sleeping the twins together saved our sleep! They would wake and have the comfort of each other so not cry for us except for feeds. Next to each other and then head to head (as per sids recommendations). Only separated at 7 months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just realised when I got an update in my inbox that I hadn't updated this thread.....I would like to introduce Poppy Mae and Margot Eleanor born 21/7 weighing 2.80kg and 2.33kg respectively:
    image.jpg
    all going reasonably well- although a lot harder than I could have ever imagined.....I'm very lucky to have my mum here helping me who is cooking cleaning etc plus doing night feeds with me- not sure what I'll do when it's just me and DH ������....
    struggling with milk supply at the moment still- couple of factors I think- nipple trauma from being hand expressed on day one for baby a who ended up in special care nursery with low blood sugars and low temp, stress from pushy midwives trying to force tandem feeding with bloody scabby nips and then recently found that I had a retained blood clot....has passed now so hopefully the motilium will do its job?

so consequently feeding is challenging as am trying to BF, then topping up with formula and then pumping......seriously thinking that I may have to switch to straight formula as sleep is now at a premium and my life seems to revolve around trying to get enough milk for these babies, even with mum here......any hints are greatly appreciated! Not confident with tandem feeding and beside that it is still far too painful (recently found that I had nipple thrush too despite no symptoms in babies mouths or on my nips- just excrutiating pain and nips not healing)....

as as for prams, we have gone for the mountain buggy duet and I love it. Very easy to manoeuvre, and the thing that sold me was that it was only 63cm wide....a necessity in my house as the doorways are extremely narrow and I only have a medium sized car- any other pram was just too wide....would have loved the bugaboo donkey but a) couldn't afford it b) a bit large and cumbersome for my car and house.

also we didn't bother with bassinets- our girls have just gone into a cot together for the moment - we hear them when they wake as just across the hall from our bedroom.

hope all are well xoxo

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (15-08-2016),CherryCP  (16-08-2016),jemmajam  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cute bubs @Ruby16 and congratulations. Personally I went straight to bottle feeding as I thought life was going to be hard enough without the added stress of breastfeeding but if you can make it work that's good too. I bought abritax Ebrake in line twin pram. I'm not sure if it's more compact than other prams but it's easy to assemble and nice and narrow so no problem with doorways. It goes from newborn and up with the same seats.i guess the only downside is for the twin at the back who can't see as much.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

baby245  (15-08-2016),Ruby16  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @Ruby16, your twins are gorgeous!

I hope it all settles into a rhythm for you soon, although maybe I'm just being optimistic since I've not gone through newborn stage yet...

At least your have your mum and DH with you, I can't imagine how hard it would be for those with little to no support, just amazing really.

Thanks for the info too Julie, it all helps.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to baby245 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ruby16 - I did the same as you - breastfeeding, formula top up then expressing. I didn't enjoy BFing and gave that up at 8 weeks but continued the other 2. I found BF'ing the longest to do so once I stopped I then set myself up for night feeds to bottle feed both twins while wearing a hands free bra for expressing (I used a Medela Symphony double electric pump) which meant I could do a full feed and express in 30-45mins which was a life saver. I also stopped feeding BM at night and only did formula as I found babies slept longer between feeds on Formula rather than BM. Mine were on a 4 hourly schedule and by 3 months, I cut out the 1am feed and they were then sleeping 9.45pm - 5am so I was getting 5.5-6hours solid sleep which made everything so much easier. Good Luck - everyone says it but it does get easier !

Baby245 - I bought bassinets but put the twins straight into 1 cot in my bedroom and they still share it now at 7 months. I ended up using 1 bassinet in the lounge room as a 'holidng bay'. Initially when we had visitors both babies could be in it while I answered front door for visitors etc and ongoing I would put 1 in while I put the other in/out of the car. It meant I wasn't leaving 1 alone in the car for more than about 15 seconds. Overall using hidsight I really think bassinets are a waste of space (figuratively and literally).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (17-08-2016),Ruby16  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ruby, congrats! Reading your post takes me back! I nearly gave up breastfeeding so many times. I got nipple thrush, wasn't making enough, the babies had reflux, no one was sleeping. ..it was hell on earth for those first few months but now things are going alot better. I tandem bf because i find it easier and quicker to get them done at the same time. I put the other one on the Boob too so i won't be up an hour later doing the 2nd one! In the early days i was feeding every 2 or 3 hrs and then early mornings, every hour! I have one bigger, hungrier twin who loves boobie for comfort and the other couldn't care less about feeding at all. She was my low weight, low blood sugars girl too. So we've just kept her going the same times as hungry man to boost her weight.
    For the first 2 months i tandem bf and we topped up with formula. It seemed crazy doing boob AND bottles, but that's what it took to get my supply going and keeping them full. I also have to take motilium. Still do, but there's no side effects. In month 2 the pead (whom we were seeing for their reflux) put me on a plan to pump 1hr after every feed and try to get at least 90mins nap in the day so I'd produce prolactin, which (ridiculously) doesn't produce if you're not getting 90min blocks of sleep and therefore doesn't produce enough milk! I know right? ?! !!
    I had countless visits from midwives and lactation consultants, anything to help get me thru and make it all easier with 2 VERY different babies, but they weren't much help except in the form of support. You're doing so well and have certainly been thru the mill. I hope my bf journey story gives you the encouragement to keep going. We sound in similar boats. Here i am at 4.5 months and things are much better. The bubs have the stamina to have a dream feed (formula) bottle from daddy at 10pm now, and sleep til 3am. Then 6am. The reflux is medicated and alot better now too thank god. But i still have one difficult twin, and one cruisy , good little dummy-taking sleeper! Lol
    Did you get Daktarin oral gel for the thrush? It goes very quickly with that. One doc gave me nilstat and it did nothing.
    If you'd like to pm me with any questions please do. It's great you have your mum and hubby for support. Don't be afraid to leave them with bottles of formula or ebm and go and have a good 2hr sleep. The world seems like such a better place! !
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 17-08-2016 at 14:10.