+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a baby jogger city mini gt double and love everything about it. I had the bjcmgt single for ds1 and that was the clincher. When friends around me had 3 different prams for 3 different uses, i used my gt only and it served all purposes.
    The double has been great for the twins since birth. I didn't buy extra capsule or bassinets, just laid flat and put in 2 snuggler supports which I use as pram liners too.
    We live next door to a park and shopping centre so the no pump, all terrain wheels are great thru sand, grass and gravel that we need to travel thru. I've also taken it jogging even tho they say it's not a jogging pram.
    I got the glider board attachment for those times when my 2yo ds doesn't want to walk.
    The only thing I'd say is it's a bit heavy to lift (not steer, you can steer that sucker one handed). It fits thru the smallest of doorways and aisles, has a one step fold and u don't have to dismantle any bits to put it in the car. I actually borrowed my friend's city select to compare and was over taking off the seats in one day and it was a bit heavier anyway! I also didn't like the long road train feel of a front and back arrangement. With the side by side you don't have to take the seats off. It's quite heavy to lift into the back of my prado, but you're hard pressed to get a lighter double and might be less trouble in a smaller suv. I had a Honda crv but we needed to fit 3 car seats across the back. I liked the look and sound of the donkey, but the price tag was too much and the thought of dismantling every time too.
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 14-08-2016 at 08:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016),Sariele  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meant to attach these pics. Here you can see them in it as newborns and then 3 months. Also 2yo on the glider board.

Car seats. We got the Infasecure Kompressor Treos which we used since birth. They go to 4yrs. They're the latest from infasecure but cost a bomb at $400 each. Isofix, new unstainable fabric etc. I love my ds1 first car seat though, infasecure caprice. He was in a capsule from birth as a singleton and this seat now goes to 8yrs.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 14-08-2016 at 09:02.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016),Cathy69  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG - I was told in Baby Bunting that there probably wouldn't be enough space for DS to ride on a glider board with the seats fully reclined for newborns. I assume from this pic you didn't find this to be the case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

Certainly a lot to think about and more time to be spent at Baby Bunting !

Whilst I love the look of the donkey, I can just imagine the stress of dismantling and assembling, especially if babies are crying etc.

Even though we have an SUV the frame and bassinets would take up so much room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @baby245, My twins are due in Dec. Based on rave reviews i bought a 2nd hand bugaboo donkey twin. It's like new and cost $1300. However i must say... after assembling and dissambling it a few times (for practice), and after seeing other simpler prams in baby bunting... I'm too wondering whether i made the right choice. So it's a good question you are asking!

What i like about it is the width fits in all the doorways and hallways in my house, and will also fit in shop entrances, etc. I also love how i can face them forward or backwards. I wanted side by side not one in front and one at the back. Apparently it has a lot of seat backrest adjustments. I love the large pneumatic tyres and steering is a breeze. My mum has suggested i could use it in my bedroom in bassinet mode and wheel them around the house to make things easier when they are little.

I'm a bit concerned about how long I'll be able to use it as i saw a 2yo boy in one and he looked a bit crammed. Apparently you can put buffalo seats in there for a couple of extra inches but that costs extra. I'm also concerned about how long it will take to detach bits and pieces before you can fold it up and put it in the car... (i could be wrong but I'm pretty certain you have to detach the seats before you fold it) plus it's pretty big and all the bits take up space in the car (and in the house). I have a small car so we'll be getting a bigger one before bubs arrive. Will have to ensure the pram and bits all fit! Not sure whether it's any heavier than other prams... Once they are bigger, I'm sure it will be much easier to just use a simple side by side lightweight stroller!

If there was a twin pram available that had the features i like as mentioned above plus was quick, easy and compact to fold, lightweight and didn't require separate bassinets/seats then that would be a winner.

Hope this helps.

CherryCP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @baby245... i bought my bugaboo 2nd hand on gumtree. There are also a couple of very informative Australian bugaboo groups on facebook that you can join to ask questions or buy prams and accessories.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CherryCP Thanks for the info, you're going through exactly what I wanted to avoid. After we saw the demonstration at Baby Bunting I just really started second guessing as the frame and both bassinets take up a lot of space, even if you have a good sized boot / car.

I'm like you though, I would love that style with the bassinet setup to begin with but with that it means more difficulty lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the other things that I had no idea about (but maybe others that have earlier kids might) is the amount of space it takes to pack/unpack prams into the car. You want to make sure you have a pram you can get babies in and out of quickly and also pull apart and get into the car quickly and vice versa because when you are in a shopping centre car park you realise all of a sudden how close all the cars are parked to each other and then how close they are driving by ! Most people don't want to leave a twin alone in the pram so you usually move the pram to the passenger side and place one baby in/out of car/pram then move pram to other side of car and repeat with remaining twin. No idea how you do it with a toddler as well !

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016),CherryCP  (16-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins due in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    One of the other things that I had no idea about (but maybe others that have earlier kids might) is the amount of space it takes to pack/unpack prams into the car. You want to make sure you have a pram you can get babies in and out of quickly and also pull apart and get into the car quickly and vice versa because when you are in a shopping centre car park you realise all of a sudden how close all the cars are parked to each other and then how close they are driving by ! Most people don't want to leave a twin alone in the pram so you usually move the pram to the passenger side and place one baby in/out of car/pram then move pram to other side of car and repeat with remaining twin. No idea how you do it with a toddler as well !
    Wow, this is a good point, it hadn't crossed my mind! Makes me nervous now thinking about it
    Last edited by baby245; 14-08-2016 at 18:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Twins due in 2016

Our twinnies are 10 months old now and we have the Baby Jogger City select. We love it - the countless different seating positions for them has been great particularly now that they are staring to interact and annoy each other... (Seats can face forward, rear facing or a combination). We did get the bassinet attachments which we used until they were 5 months. Great storage underneath, easily fits shopping and baby paraphernalia.
    It's easy to steer (one handed) and fits in narrow spaces/aisles/coffee shops. Simple to fold up/out and only 11kg.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-08-2016)