+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I've been absent, and my thoughts are with those who have had awful news. xx

I actually rarely come on BH these days, but remembered this thread today when I was wondering about something..

I had my first ob appt at 8w6d, then my NT scan at 12w exactly, then just had my second ob appt today at 15w4d. It was a very brief appt; she literally just had a quick look at the babies, but no measurements or anything, said they looked good, then told me to come back after my anatomy scan in a few weeks. I was like, "so in about 4-5 weeks?" and she said "no *looked at the computer* in about 9 weeks". So unless my anatomy scan is bad or anything else goes wrong in the meantime, I will not being seeing her again til Aug 22nd! I'll be 24w4d then... does that seem odd? I thought with twins you were supposed to be seen every 4 weeks. I had much more monitoring with my DS, and he was the least complicated, easiest pregnancy in human history.

I don't doubt my ob's abilities or anything, she's very popular and highly-regarded, but I just find these huge breaks between appointments really strange. Surely I should at least be getting more regular BP and pee checks from her midwife?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele I'm not sure what they do for fraternal twins but if you are expecting identical twins those appointments are too far apart. You should be getting ultrasounds every fortnight and being seen by your ob every fortnight as well. Your ob might be experienced but maybe not with twins? I'd switch or ask to be referred to an MFM if your babies share a placenta. Good luck with your pregnancy 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele, that does sound too far apart. I am considered high risk (high BP and age) and with my frat twins I had fortnightly OB appts and scans monthly for the first half of preg then fortnightly. I would be pushing for more frequently - is it private or public ? If private - just make the appts at the timing you want. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Sariele, I agree, it seems a bit far apart to me too. I'm having frat twins, and my appointments and scans were four weekly until 28 weeks, now fortnightly (prob going to weekly from 34 weeks). My OB gave me the impression that was pretty much the minimum he would do with twins, and that it would be even more frequent if any concerns came into play. I'd question it if I were you - at least for peace of mind. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If tou haven't checked out this site, take 5 mins and read a few of their articles

http://www.twiniversity.com/2016/06/...tsofmultiples/

They are usually short and useful and written by a variety of twin parents so very practical.

Hope everyone is doing well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-06-2016),Lolly99  (28-06-2016),SharonG  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Just out of curiosity, on average, when did you genuinely feel your twins move?
    I'm 16 weeks and at this stage is still more like very strong flutters 1-2 times a day, sometimes nothing at all. I realise it depends where the placenta / placentas are so it is really out of curiosity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by baby245 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm 16 weeks and at this stage is still more like very strong flutters 1-2 times a day, sometimes nothing at all. I realise it depends where the placenta / placentas are so it is really out of curiosity.
    Baby245 - not until I was about 21 weeks. I had one placenta in front which dampened any feeling from that baby but the other was in the rear so that is the one I felt most throughout the pregnancy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by baby245 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'd have to say with me it was only little flutters until week 22. My placentas are anterior and I believe that makes a difference in feeling movement. I'm 34 weeks now and feel them constantly! Probably because they are bigger!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

baby245  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @baby245 At 16 weeks I was still having sensations that I thought could be something or could be nothing. Sometimes I'd think - did I just imagine that? But those feelings gradually got stronger over the next few weeks until they were unmistakeable. However, it wasn't until about 20 weeks that they were strong 'thumps' if you know what I mean. Now at 32 weeks they never stop and you can see my whole belly moving! Makes it hard to sleep, especially when four little feet simultaneously jab me under the ribs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

baby245  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your responses, I really appreciate it!
    I can't wait until I'm further along and can't sleep or move haha