+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @missmacy
    My gt was actually the overnight fasting and had nothing to do with my diet - crazy!
    It was always the morning levels that were too high and even if I ate at midnight it made no difference. So in the end I had to have insulin shots after dinner to try to keep the overnight levels down.
    Poor DH has to give them to me because I just can't reach or twist to do it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Jamellabeth i sooooo know what u mean about Sigourney weaver. I used to joke that they would probably bust out before the doctor pulled them out! Sounds like you might end up going at 36+5. You've done so well to keep going this long. Count the days girlfriend you're nearly there. You won't regret the hard work of keeping them in as long as possible xx

Juliemalolley...yep i had to get a little stool for the shower cos i usually shower DS and i couldn't bend or stand long enough to do him too! Once i got past the indignity of it all it was really good. Lol. Same with the kitchen stool. ������ yeah the stretch marks appeared in the last month. I was devo because i never had any with ds and I'd gone so far with the twins. I'd been using palmers stretch mark cream occasionally, but when the marks appeared it didn't make a difference. I got some bio oil. They're not as prominent now the babies are out. Maybe they'll fade cos they haven't been there for long. ...hoping. my bubs were 2.7kg and 2.4kg. They were both pretty much on one side of my belly though and that's where the stretch marks appeared. If your bubs are even u might escape it!

Nooooo they are both mostly on one side !!!! I'm forever trying to lie on an angle so they slide to the other side, but no. They seem to dig their heels in and stay put. You could try some Vitamin E oil mixed with the bio oil. Its fantastic for scarring so could be good for stretchies too. You have to mix it with the bio oil though because its too thick to rub in easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    Hi Julie
    Yes apparently as soon as the bubs are delivered I stop the insulin and thyroid Meds and should be back to 'normal' lol within 24-48 hours I can't wait!!!!
    Re stretch marks, I had none with DS and I gained just over 20kgs, this time I had none up until about a week ago when I suddenly had 1 longish one pop up, but it really pale, and I noticed a couple of small ones this morning! But they are quite low near my bikini line. Funny thing is I think I could probably have pointed out where I'd get them because it's the heaviest part of my tummy and most painful.
    I also think the bubs have had a big growth spurt over the last few weeks which has put more pressure on parts of my tum!
    I've been using bio-oil and palmers
    I hear you with the growth spurt. I cannot believe how fast this belly is growing now. I'm a week behind you so if I follow in your footsteps, I'll have stretch marks soon enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quick question ladies - have your Drs said anything about when to stop traveling etc? Or do you have any experience? Do you think it would be OK to go to Sydney (from Brisbane) for a weekend at 27w5d? Not to do anything strenuous, just to see family. I'm 23 weeks now with dcda twins and everything has been ok so far with no complications (usual discomforts aside lol). I'll check with my dr, but I don't see him again until 11 May so I thought I'd ask in here! Would I be nuts to plan this?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Quick question ladies - have your Drs said anything about when to stop traveling etc? Or do you have any experience? Do you think it would be OK to go to Sydney (from Brisbane) for a weekend at 27w5d? Not to do anything strenuous, just to see family. I'm 23 weeks now with dcda twins and everything has been ok so far with no complications (usual discomforts aside lol). I'll check with my dr, but I don't see him again until 11 May so I thought I'd ask in here! Would I be nuts to plan this?!
    Mrs Chino - I travelled overseas while pregnant with my twinnies @ 22 1/2 weeks. I had no problems. I would think a short trip to Sydney should be fine. I'd just make sure you pack in a suitcase with wheels so your not lifting anything much.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies - for those that end up formula feeding (no judgement please - despite best intentions I couldn't BF for longer than 4 weeks due to medical complications)
    I thought it might be useful to let you all know about a multiple birth club run by Nutricia (Aptimal & Karicare brand formula).
    You have to complete an application form and send a letter from your dr confirming you have twins and that they are formula fed. By joining you can then order formula online and heavily discounted prices (I pay half price for the formula we use). A big saving when feeding two babies!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (03-05-2016),Jamellabeth  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins due in 2016

@MrsChino depends on carrier but most have fixed cut offs for domestic and international flights and also different for mutiples - from memory it was 28wks for multiples - that may have been international though not domestic. You can google it. They are scared of early labour on a plane and diverting .....

They can be quite stringent and turn you back at an airport esp. If you don't have a letter from ob/GP as well to say ok to fly ... Also check your insurance - if covers for example potential extended stay (as premmies) in a nicu where ever you are going..... And repatriation costs ....would they be covered. Don't want to sound alarmist but best to be prepared

You will be higher risk of dvt as well and if you are not already wearing - will need compression stockings .....

Personally by that gestation (nearly 28 weeks) wouldn't have flown .... But different for everyone!

Ps only assuming you mean flying! But a drive of 11hrs would be just so uncomfortable!!
    Last edited by crabby; 30-04-2016 at 12:13.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    @MrsChino depends on carrier but most have fixed cut offs for domestic and international flights and also different for mutiples - from memory it was 28wks for multiples - that may have been international though not domestic. You can google it. They are scared of early labour on a plane and diverting .....

They can be quite stringent and turn you back at an airport esp. If you don't have a letter from ob/GP as well to say ok to fly ... Also check your insurance - if covers for example potential extended stay (as premmies) in a nicu where ever you are going..... Don't want to sound alarmist but best to be prepared

You will be higher risk of dvt as well and if you are not already wearing - will need compression stockings .....
    ^^^Good Point Crabby - I had forgotten about that ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    I hear you with the growth spurt. I cannot believe how fast this belly is growing now. I'm a week behind you so if I follow in your footsteps, I'll have stretch marks soon enough
    My first (singleton) no stretch marks - with the twins they came at 33 weeks after I congratulated my self about not getting any 😢 ......

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (30-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Ladies - for those that end up formula feeding (no judgement please - despite best intentions I couldn't BF for longer than 4 weeks due to medical complications)
    I thought it might be useful to let you all know about a multiple birth club run by Nutricia (Aptimal & Karicare brand formula).
    You have to complete an application form and send a letter from your dr confirming you have twins and that they are formula fed. By joining you can then order formula online and heavily discounted prices (I pay half price for the formula we use). A big saving when feeding two babies!
    How much does it end up being per tin @Blinky76 ?