+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Musicgal - your babes are ridiculously precious! Enjoy every minute (Hope mommy is also doing well!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RAH10 i applaud your 220ml expressing. Good going girl! I can't wait til our feeding schedule falls into line. OK we've only been home 2 nights but we've had a couple of cluster feeding nights from Max and he just won't go back to sleep. Wind? Too full? Not full enough? Who knows. Aaargh!
    Last night was a slight improvement but now we're finding that even tho we're keeping them on the same feeding schedule they settle differently afterwards, so one twin takes in turns keeping us up an extra hour each feed. Which during a 3hr period means steeling an extra hour sleep from us 😢

Day 7 and I'm recovering well from the Cesar. Hardly any pain now except if i try to get out of bed and do a crunch holding a baby!
    @MrsChino i loved every scan. It's such good peace of mind to know they're growing well etc. It's like gold with twins. You want to keep them in as long as possible not just for breathing /suckling independence, there's so many other things when the bubs are so small.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-04-2016),miss macy  (12-04-2016),RAH10  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They are gorgeous @MusicalGal, congratulations! It's a bit scary for me seeing these little bubby twin photos... I'm a bit scared... Not long now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGal - congratulations on the safe arrival of the babies. I think the schedule is the only way to keep your sanity. Re the alternating twin staying up after feeds .... I had this for a little while and found the only way to deal with it was to put BOTH down at the basic same time and keep reassuring the 'waker' without lifting them out of the cot ie with a hand on the chest, lots of 'shhhhhh' and only if they were really crying did I pick them up. It meant a couple of really NO Sleep nights but worked and now they both go down fairly easily. My issue now is lost dummies during the night and I am working on reducing dependence on them for sleep but not eradicating them as they are a true soother at various times.

Good luck !

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (13-04-2016),miss macy  (13-04-2016),MusicalGal  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going?
    How are all the new babes doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins are now 14w (9w adjusted) and doing great. AND they are now skipping their 1am feed so actually both sleeping for about 8 hours straight - wahoo ! It is interesting (to me at least) that at this point it is now important for the '9w adjusted' to be considered as now I can see that my guys development milestones are very much closer to the adjusted age rather than their birth age.

Also a reminder for everyone to join their local Multiple Birth Association ... find yours here http://www.amba.org.au/clubfinder

Our club has a monthly 'new parents morning tea' (was this morning which is why it is front of my mind right now) which is nice and it is very different to sit down with other multiple parents to talk about specific multiple issues rather than the normal Parents Group where we are a bit of a spectacle (in a nice way) and also a buddy system where if you want, you can be paired up with a family who have older multiples and they can be your 'support' point. The clubs also usually have discount rental/purchase for various twin items and other benefits.
    Last edited by Cathy69; 16-04-2016 at 16:54.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (18-04-2016),miss macy  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had another ultrasound today at 32w4d and they are both around 4.5 pounds, 2 and 2.1kg, all looking perfect. Here's my bump shot ...
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1461204062.031416.jpg

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (23-04-2016),Tahli  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @JulieMalooley You look amazing! And sounds like bubs are both great weights too. You're so close now - how exciting!

@Cathy69 Great news on the 8 hour sleep stretches - you must feel like a new person Good tip on the multiple birth assoc too - we have recently joined and they have been so nice and helpful. We're off to the expectant parent nights in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to that!

Afm, nearly 22 weeks now and bubs are kicking up a storm! I love it. It's so nice to feel them after so long wondering and worrying all the time that they're ok. DH felt some big kicks for the first time the other night which blew his mind! I'm getting pretty big and have gained a lot of weight which worries me a little, but health-wise everything's good so far, so I'm just trying to focus on that.

I'm on the fence a bit about whether to try for a VB (bubs' presentations permitting) or book in a C/S. Gah - such a hard decision! Where's my crystal ball?! I almost wish my ob would just tell me what to do rather than leaving it up to us. Having choices is a lot of pressure lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    @JulieMalooley You look amazing! And sounds like bubs are both great weights too. You're so close now - how exciting!

@Cathy69 Great news on the 8 hour sleep stretches - you must feel like a new person Good tip on the multiple birth assoc too - we have recently joined and they have been so nice and helpful. We're off to the expectant parent nights in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to that!

Afm, nearly 22 weeks now and bubs are kicking up a storm! I love it. It's so nice to feel them after so long wondering and worrying all the time that they're ok. DH felt some big kicks for the first time the other night which blew his mind! I'm getting pretty big and have gained a lot of weight which worries me a little, but health-wise everything's good so far, so I'm just trying to focus on that.

I'm on the fence a bit about whether to try for a VB (bubs' presentations permitting) or book in a C/S. Gah - such a hard decision! Where's my crystal ball?! I almost wish my ob would just tell me what to do rather than leaving it up to us. Having choices is a lot of pressure lol
    22 weeks already @MrsChino ! Boy time flies - yes it is definitely something else to feel them getting around in there . Now I know why I'm feeling a lot more movement too, they have both completely changed positions and both now have no placenta in front of them. It's a hive of activity alright !