+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ruby: I am doing capsules. I have rented them ($120 each for 6 months) as I am single and needed to be able to carry both babies at once at various times eg at a really basic level getting them to and from the house to the car - I didn't want to have to leave one in the car while I transferred one to the house. It is much easier to take 2 capsules into a doctors office for eg than getting the pram out, swapping the babies into the pram then discovering that you can't get the pram through the doorway ! I can carry 2 capsules no problem but wouldn't be doing it for long distances and more often than not someone/Receptionist/Doctor offers to help ! I will swap to car seats when my 2 are too big which will be more than the usual 6 months as they are now 11.5w and have only just hit 4kgs, so I actually think they will be in them until closer to 9 months at this rate.

Julie - PPL etc - I did it all online. When you leave hospital they gove you a pack and it has forms in it with instructions for Centrelink, registering the births and getting the twins onto your Medicare Card - so you can do it all online. Make sure you have a Centrelink Ref No and then setup your MyGov Id and link Centrelink and Medicare then you are off. With PPL, you are entitled to PPL (assuming you meet the requirements re work etc) for the oldest twin then the 'baby bonus' for the younger twin. You just work through the online application and upload the hospital forms and Centrelink will do the assessment and let you know what you are entitled to etc. If you lodge the PPL app within 28 days of the birth they will backdate it to their birth otherwise it starts when they assess it. This is only an issue if you are going back to work fairly quickly eg I am having a year off and also have some paid work maternity leave which started as soon as I left work so have said I only want my PPL to start from 1/7 to get it into the next financial year when I will have a lower income than t his year. I made sure I had enough weeks after 1/7 to receive the entire 18w PPL. (Hope that makes sense.)

You can lodge the PPL application BEFORE the birth and then upload the Hospital documents after, if you prefer. Depends I think on how organised you think you will be afterwards. I did the application etc (which took a couple of hours as you need to include income details for 2 years) while my 2 were still in hospital and I had a few hours between feeds.

MusicalGirl - there, that was my trick - have them before the weight and stretchmarks started ! In reality, I had high BP from 16w so was being closely monitored and I was very conscious of controlling the weight gain to minimise the risks with of the High BP. I ended up in and out of hospital for the last few weeks and delivered dead-on 35w because my DS had stopped growing and my PE had escalated. I was hoping to hang out to 38w but it was too risky for all of us. After delivery I heard of a young girl in the hospital who had PE and had ended up in ICU after the delivery - so take all rest you can for these last few days/weeks, it will be over so soon !

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016),Lolly99  (30-03-2016),miss macy  (31-03-2016),Ruby16  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks very much @Cathy69. I have already done the online application for PPL so should just need to upload forms after birth and job done. I need to get DP down to centrelink as he needs his own logon so he can apply for the 2 weeks partner pay online too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Julie - you are going to hate me - you would never know I was pregnant. I have never had a flat stomach anyway but after the birth the only difference was my belly was like jelly for a few weeks then it went back to its usual consistency....my scar is the only external evidence of the pregnancy. I must have good stretch in my skin generally.
    Cathy you Lucky duck!
    I had no stretch marks until 34 weeks when I started to get a couple on the lower part of my belly. It wasn't until after I delivered that I realised it went crazy in the last week. Fortunately at 6 months pp they have all faded to nothing😁
    The only aftermath that I have ended up with was a stretched belly button - which came in handy when they had to remove my gallbladder laparoscopically a couple of weeks ago. (one of the twins squished my innards and it stopped working properly.... Lucky she is cute😱)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (30-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016),miss macy  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well big news here. ..they've moved my c sec to next Wed! Eeeek! I'll have my babies next week! Gotta say I'm pretty relieved. There's always been some discrepancy on my duedate cos they were ivf babies but everyone goes by your last menstrual period date. I know exactly what date i got pregnant and the ivf put my cycle off about 5 days. 5 days is actually quite a big difference with twins, until now the docs has just been like 'let's just see how we go'. Well i made it to 36 weeks plus and they're saying 37 weeks is recommended for di/di twins and they've continued to put on weight , so we're all go for next wed! I'll be 37+1. One twin is 2.8kg and the other 2.5kg. Must say i am sooooo ready. They're so heavy now and this sitting around, resting, not being able to walk anywhere or sleep properly is getting old. I just want to get on with it now. I can't even read ds a book on my lap cos he doesn't fit! 😒

Wow that's promising to hear the stretch marks could fade to nothing. I've only had them in the last couple of weeks so I'm hoping!!!!!

Geez i dunno on the capsules. It was good with ds1, but those things get heavy real quick. I remember being flat out carrying 1 after a couple of months let alone 2. Good idea to hire rather than buy cos u probably won't use them for long and will sooner or later need to revert to pram or carrier.
    One trick i heard of was to put your carrier on at home so when u arrive at ur destination ur not fiddling around trying to put it on in the car park. I've got a Moby which will get me thru til they get too heavy. I also have a baby bjorn One. Who knows if the bubs will like being worn, but carriers were my saviour with ds1.

I also got a Twin Z pillow as i heard this was also a saviour. It has about 6 functions including for bf, bottle feeding, hands free, tummy time. One twin mum told me she uses hers around the clock and every photo she has of her twins are in the twin z. Lol

Thanks for the reminder, i must finish my PPL application. Didn't they cut the baby bonus this year?
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 01-04-2016 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting news Musicgal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @MusicalGal and what a relief ! The baby bonus is still in place I believe.. You get either ppl or baby bonus for one, then a bonus for the second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, that's good news indeed musicgal. The kindest thing for all of you, not long now. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best MusicalGal - not long now.

Re the baby bonus - I am not sure if the amount has changed (it is about $2700) but you no longer get it as a lump sum - it is divided over about 8-10 fortnightly payments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    All the best MusicalGal - not long now.

Re the baby bonus - I am not sure if the amount has changed (it is about $2700) but you no longer get it as a lump sum - it is divided over about 8-10 fortnightly payments.
    @Cathy69 is that the second Bub bonus?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies hope it's ok to join in I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins, I have been reading along for a few weeks but feel its time to join and follow you all especially for advice lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (04-04-2016),Hopeful1975  (03-04-2016)