+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy, you and I are at exactly the same point!
    Exciting isn't it?

Have you found out sexes or started on getting set up at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - that is excellent - did you go to CFC ????

I don't know the genders and at this stage don't plan on finding out .... because there was so much planning in the run up, it is about the only suprise I have left ! And at my age, I don't think I shall be doing it again, despite still having 5 frozen embies sitting there.

Re stuff - I started last weekend actually ! I am working on the freebie stuff first - the things that everyone has offered to lend or that I have 'collected' over the years, and once I have sorted all that, I will start looking at what I need to buy. I am also exhausting Google, searching sites like Twiniversity.com which has loads of brief articles and suggestions, on what I need 1 versus 2 of.

Have you decided about car seats versus capsules ? I think I am going to do capsules as someone pointed out somewhere, they are great for carrying the babies from the car to somewhere like home, doctors etc if you aren't going far and 1 person can carry 2.

OK, last question - have you felt them move yet ? Not me ..... but the OB assures me it will happen and I might look back fondly on the 'no feeling days'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cathy,

Yes another CFC miracle!

I am as organised as you. I have got cots but not much else.

Am leaning towards capsules too - feels quite extravagant those as I believe they grow out them quickly

On the movement front - nothing yet. Am desperate to feel something. I have anterior placentas so I might be waiting a bit longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - thought you were.

Re Capsules - I was told to not bother buying but to rent them - particularly with twins. They are about $120 for 6 months each which is much more economical.

I have one posterior and one anterior, so I might nto be waiting as long as you !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you work Cathy- I am really struggling on that front with the tiredness, the puffiness etc.

Feel guilty whinging but I'm certainly not in the blooming category

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you work Cathy- I am really struggling on that front with the tiredness, the puffiness etc.

Feel guilty whinging but I'm certainly not in the blooming category

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - yes still working and I had been planning to as long as I could - well Christmas is my real target. Was quite dismissive of others that said they 'couldn't' work by 28 weeks due to tiredness, Well I am tired now ! And not so interested in work anymore..... not that I am addicted to my job but I generally enjoy it and find it satisfying, so to think I could easily walk out tomorrow is a little bit of a shock to the system. I am starting to think that I might see if I can work from home 1 day a week from November just to try to reduce travel and be able to have a nanna nap ! What about you ?

Re not falling into the blooming category - you are not alone. This is the only experience I have had so nothing else to compare it to but I think we are experiencing what people mean when they say it is harder when you are older. At this stage, I am looking forward to the end ! As I have said to a few people, pregnancy was never my objective, it was to have a family and I would have been perfectly happy to have been handed a baby or 2 at the end ! That idea hasn't changed.

I am not obviously pregnant (with clothes on !) I look more 'fat' as my torso is more like a barrel so as a result I keep being told 'oh you don't look like you are pregnant' which I find quite emotionally tiring to have to keep smiling and saying 'Well I am" etc.

Not that I am usually slow but I just realised if we are both CFC graduates we must have been there at the same time!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cathy
    I think I could be you!

Am so over week it's not funny and used never to lack motivation. Am aiming for Christmas too although some days even that feels too far off

I have been trying to work one day off a week from home - I can elevate my very puffy feet - but cannot always squeeze it in.

Financially I cannot really go any sooner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - sorry to hear about the foot swelling - had lunch with a friend today who has 2 weeks to go with a singleton and her feet and ankles are not looking great. So far I have been OK - fingers crossed (and legs elevated) they stay that way, or close to it !

Yes the $$$$ issue is what is keeping me at work too. The sooner I stop the sooner I will have to go back so I have worked out that if I can work to mid-December, I then have a few weeks of sick leave I can use to get me through to the official start of my 12 months maternity leave.

On a different note, I went to the beach yesterday in all that heat and for the first time appeared in public with a big belly but more importantly - floating in the water was lovely and I was horrified at how heavy I felt getting out so I think I am going to head to water as much as I can over the next few months and just 'float all my pains away'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hoping I can join this thread.

i am expecting identical twins in May 2016.

I have MCDA ( monochorionic diamniotic ) twins . Ie they share same placenta and will be indentical . They have separate sacs however.

im not sure of what type of twins you are all carrying- would love to know but MCDA twins are high risk and I'm freaking out.

i have two other children at home aged 6 and aged 2 (IVF) babies and I'm old at 41, so I'm freaking out a wee bit. I know how much work singletons are and the thought of twins is overwhelming and whether it will be uncomplicated given they are MCDA twins.

I am currently 9 weeks but they are measuring 8 weeks .

i guess I will have to get a 7 seater!!