+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi julie, I was just thinking musicgals tummy was stretch mark free to and looking lovely. I've just started using bio oil, recommended by a petite mum. I was wondering about about the post natal/section support belts to help with recovery. I just have a cheap belly support belt which helps take the pressure off a bit. I does seem to press on my bladder though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Twins due in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by miss macy View Post
    Hi julie, I was just thinking musicgals tummy was stretch mark free to and looking lovely. I've just started using bio oil, recommended by a petite mum. I was wondering about about the post natal/section support belts to help with recovery. I just have a cheap belly support belt which helps take the pressure off a bit. I does seem to press on my bladder though.
    Well I'm on bio oil with pure vitamin e mixed into it and just starting to use the upsie belly for support. Just after birth I'll be using the upsie belly in reverse until my tum goes down a fair bit and my scar heals up a lot, then I've got a squeem girdle thing to wear for supposedly 8 weeks max. If all that doesn't do it, nothing will !
    The vitamin e oil I saw amazing results with a lady at work who severely burnt her hand and used it for a couple of months and that hand was beautiful ! Her other hand still gave away her age though . If it's that good for scars it has to be good, right ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never got to post a bump pic so here is mine, taken the day before delivery at 35w. I wasn't too uncomfortable and was lucky enough not to score any stretch marks. I am not sure if it helped or not but I religiously rubbed Palmers Coconut Oil body lotion into my whole torso. It still amazes me how different baby bumps are from one mum to the next.

I love looking at my belly and knowing that DD was laying on her back at the bottom of my belly (you can actually see her head poking out a little) and DS's head was sitting up at my sternum hence I was quite thick around my ribs. I have just labelled and edited all the birth photos and just love the ones of them being 'extracted' both of which were delivered feet first.

Good luck everyone just about to pop !
    2016 Jan 07 mums tummy 3.jpg
    Last edited by Cathy69; 29-03-2016 at 19:59.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (30-03-2016),cjocoh71  (30-03-2016),miss macy  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @Cathy69 you were so little ! Bet it didn't feel like that at the time though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is your skin going back @Cathy69? Will it recover you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie - you are going to hate me - you would never know I was pregnant. I have never had a flat stomach anyway but after the birth the only difference was my belly was like jelly for a few weeks then it went back to its usual consistency....my scar is the only external evidence of the pregnancy. I must have good stretch in my skin generally.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Cathy, yeah u were tiny. Can't believe there were 2 babies in there. people were saying i looked small too at 34/35wks (even tho i didn't feel like it!) But there has been some serious growth this past 2 weeks. ....and i got stretch marks! 😢 waaaaaa. I'm so upset. When i noticed some small ones on my front last week i started with the Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream twice a day. Then about 4 days later they got bigger! ! I was so upset, cos i never had any with ds so thought i was gonna get away with it again. But i think since both bubs are on the one side of my belly (one head down and one breech) it's too much. I feel so stretched. I've started on bio oil but don't think it's gonna help much now 😢 i hadn't really thought of belts etc for recovery. ..do they help?

maternity wear- i had a few shirts from my pregnancy with ds and then a friend gave me some more. However now i only have 3 shirts that cover me properly. I have 1 pair of comfy shorts for the house and 1 pair that i wear to apts. I'm restricted to rest with my PE and quite frankly don't have the energy or inclination to do anything anyway. I like the bf singlets from target. Not the spaghetti strap ones with clips and built in bra, there's a soft one with crossover front.

Pram- i got the baby jogger city mini gt double. It's side by side and fits thru our skinny front door. I had the single gt for ds and it was the best pram ever, so no brainer on what i was getting for the twins. Ds is 2 now so he wants to walk/run everywhere. I got a glider board for the pram anyhow and i might even wear 1 or both twins and he can have a seat. See how we go.

Weight gain- surprisingly i haven't gained as much weight this pregnancy. I think it's because i had bad reflux since early on and didn't feel like eating much. With ds 1 i was hungry all the time! At 32 weeks i asked for meds for the reflux and things have been much better. My appetite has returned.

Capsules- i had a capsule with ds1 but didn't bother this time as I'll never carry both at the same time anyway. The double pram takes bub from newborn up, so we got the new infasecure treo car seats which will rear face for as long as we want them too , and I'll transfer them to the pram. Capsules only last a few months really anyway then bubs get too big!

Hips- someone here was complaining of a sore back? My back has been OK but in the early days i had problems with my hips. Bad. So i saw an osteopath and he was brilliant. Now i have no hip pain. Awesome! Highly recommend an osteo that takes pregnant patients.
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 29-03-2016 at 21:27.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (30-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016),miss macy  (30-03-2016),Ruby16  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Julie - you are going to hate me - you would never know I was pregnant. I have never had a flat stomach anyway but after the birth the only difference was my belly was like jelly for a few weeks then it went back to its usual consistency....my scar is the only external evidence of the pregnancy. I must have good stretch in my skin generally.
    Not at all @Cathy69 - that gives me hope !!! Now, I just need to stay around your size and have them at 35 weeks None of this waiting until 38 weeks business like some other poor people who shall remain nameless...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Alittleray yep that's an impressive bump @MusicalGal that is such a huge bummer about the stretch marks . What part of the belly did your stretch marks appear on? I've always wondered - dumb question I know... I would expect they would appear at the top part of the belly as that is the bit being dragged down by all the weight but I recall my mother having them around her hip bones I think. Her having them doesn't worry me because when she had me she put on a gigantic amount of weight and I was 10 pound 4 so her belly would have been massive. Hopefully I won't follow in her footsteps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cathy69 you hopefully remember - did you do your parental leave payment online ? If so, was there a separate thing you needed to do to apply for the second baby payment/bonus ? Or is that a separate application altogether?