+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Musicgal, the end is in sight you've done so well. That's interesting about the steroid.
    I wondered when twin mumus were no longer able to drive/fit behind the wheel? My dh has to work awayfor I wee while and don't want to stranded.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss macy For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (08-03-2016),MusicalGal  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for twin mummies- did you use any slings or wraps ? One of my boys has reflux (he's seven weeks/1 week corrected) and wondered if weAring him for a bit might help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss macy View Post
    Hang in there Musicgal, the end is in sight you've done so well. That's interesting about the steroid.
    I wondered when twin mumus were no longer able to drive/fit behind the wheel? My dh has to work awayfor I wee while and don't want to stranded.
    I had to stop driving at about 36 weeks, I couldn't fit anymore. πŸ˜‚
    @Hopeful1975 - we have the wrap style carriers (ergowraps) and both our boys still love them. One of my boys was super refluxy and that, combined with a wedge under his bassinet mattress, was a life saver.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a look at the driving thing the other day. We've got a Prado so I've laid the seat back a bit and i have plenty of room to go. Climbing in. ...now that's another issue. Haul! !

I'm planning to use a Moby wrap carrier til they can sit upright, then get a twingo. You wear one on front and one on the back, or separately with hubby. Baby wearing saved me with DS. Instant sleepy dust. But maybe these twins won't like being worn. ...we'll see.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),miss macy  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins due in 2016

Slings/wraps/carriers didn't want to it as didn't manage with ds1 - combination of short and 'bad' back couldn't get anything that worked for me - and for twins thought could be 'unfair' ....DH has got the weego double front carrier - can use from 1.5kg up to 8kg each bub says on it. But TBH he hasn't used yet either as been too hot to wear it...as both approaching 6 kgs and two weeks off 4 months (chunky monkies!) am not sure whether be using it all and will sell on...
    One does have reflux - helped by infant gaviscon, sleeping head up and getting older I hope.

Ps driving from 34-36 weeks (delivery) really didn't feel safe physically and mentally behind the wheel .... So didn't do it.... Remember was a lot of lying around feeling very uncomfortable ....already dim memory ....πŸ˜€
    Last edited by crabby; 09-03-2016 at 05:21.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016),miss macy  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins due in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    I had to stop driving at about 36 weeks, I couldn't fit anymore. πŸ˜‚
    @Hopeful1975 - we have the wrap style carriers (ergowraps) and both our boys still love them. One of my boys was super refluxy and that, combined with a wedge under his bassinet mattress, was a life saver.
    Forgot to add that it was actually parking that was my biggest issue! I really struggled from 33 weeks to fit between 2 cars to get back into mine If it was a small car park.

Once I had to get the parking attendant to move my car out (was about 35 weeks) as another car had parked too close - I stopped driving soon after that! πŸ˜‚

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (09-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss macy View Post
    I drove right up until 2 days before My babies arrived at 36w4d. I almost had to drive myself and DH to the hospital on the night they arrived 😳
    It was the NRL grand final night and DH had been drinking - luckily my brother arrived and was sober 😜

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    Question for twin mummies- did you use any slings or wraps ? One of my boys has reflux (he's seven weeks/1 week corrected) and wondered if weAring him for a bit might help
    We use baby bjorns as I didn't feel secure with wraps/slings. I did find having them upright did help with their reflux but it was only a short fix. In saying that our two have very bad reflux that still even now @ 5 months requires medication and special formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    Forgot to add that it was actually parking that was my biggest issue! I really struggled from 33 weeks to fit between 2 cars to get back into mine If it was a small car park.

Once I had to get the parking attendant to move my car out (was about 35 weeks) as another car had parked too close - I stopped driving soon after that! πŸ˜‚
    ^^ YEP that was my issue too - had to have enough room to open the door WIDE open to haul my short 5'2 body behind the wheel😁😳

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-03-2016),miss macy  (09-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all you due mummies are doing well.
    I've just had my first obs doctor appointment at the hospital which has left me a bit confused, but in see my midwife today so hope to clear some concerns up. Me and dh were taken back when the doc said he didn't need to see me again until 36 weeks because I had a good midwife, he then was talking about having a natural birth not even considering c section at my 45 with twins. After dh got assertive asked for appointments and schedule c section we got somewhere, when doc admitted c section is best for me, not hospital policy. Anyhow my c section is booked for 38 weeks, I don't know of any mums that got to 38 weeks, what was the longest mummies went. I know in usa it's more like 36.

I've been reading about how important sleeping on your side, especially left side is for mum and baby circulation.