+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - lots of posts happening which is great ... I have just had a big back-read. What can I add ?

I found a Belly Bean pillow great - used it for me during pregnancy and since, I have used it both as a back support for me and also to support a baby during bottle feeding. I don't breast feed both babies at the same time as I do a bottle for one and breast for the other, so I have a single My Brest Friend pillow which I am happy with but it was also suggested to me that the best twin breast feeding pillow is a piece of rectangular foam from Clark Rubber cut with a half circle out of one long side so it fits around you and basically becomes a bit of a 'table' for you to rest the babies on. You can get it as large as you want and just put a sheet over it rather than a fancy cover and use pillows/cushions under each side to support it if you need it.

Agree re a swing ..... it is great but only 1 of my twins likes it. The other twin uses a Fisher Price 'Infant and Toddler Rocker' which vibrates. This is also handy as it can be put in a fixed horizontal position very much like a mini bed.

I have been doing a mixture of BF'ing, formula and expressing and would encourage everyone to do whatever mix of the 3 suits you. Speaking of Expressing though, I started in hospital which meant the twins also started bottles as well as breast in hospital and it worked perfectly - they move between the 2 without batting an eyelid. I then rented the same double pump (Medela Symphony) from the Multiple Birth Association ($25 per month) which was much cheaper than buying one ($500 odd) or renting from chemists/suppliers. I would recommend an electronic double pump rather than a single or a manual one - far more efficient. I also bought a 'bra' that allows me to be hands free when using the pump. Even if I only pump for 15mins that 15mins is great for eating, checking emails or bottle feeding a baby laying either side of me (I have been known to do the 1am feed in 30 mins flat incl expressing this way).

What else can I suggest ? Do some research on feeding on demand versus on a routine. My twins were in the Special Care Nursery for 3 weeks so the midwives there just set them up on a routine from day 1 which I continued when we got home. I didn't realise how good this was until I started to talk to friends who had single babies and fed on demand. While I am sleep deprived it isn't horrendous and I at least know when the twins will next expect food and when I can expect to have them asleep at least for a couple of hours (has allowed me to get a relative/friend to watch them for an hour or 2 so I could run to the shops, get a pedicure, or simply sleep).

Oh and re Formula - does everyone know about the Nutricia Multiple Birth Club ? If you join (and are happy to use either NAN or Aptimal Formulas) you can buy bulk formula at about 40% off retail and it is delivered to your door. You will need a letter from either your midwife or Peadiatrician saying you have twins and that you need to use formula. It was the midwives at the hospital that told me about it all and gave me the application form. My Pead knew all about it and gave me the letter less than 24hours later. I was given the application etc in hospital.

Good luck everyone getting close !

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (01-03-2016),Jamellabeth  (01-03-2016),jemmajam  (10-03-2016),Lolly99  (03-03-2016),miss macy  (02-03-2016),MrsA2B  (02-03-2016),Ruby16  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing all that great info and experience Cathy. Makes it seem a little less overwhelming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great info there ladies! I haven't been on much as I've been really sick. Feeling much better now, I'm 17w2d.
    My friend who has had twins told me I need to get the twin z pillow, but that piece of foam from Clark rubber sounds good too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybug09 For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update.
    We had a hospital doc appointment on Thursday and I had mentioned to her that I hadn't been feeling Baby B move all that much since the day before so she sent us upstairs to be monitored. Baby B has a strong heart beat and we worked out that she is moving but because she is transverse under my ribs, I can't feel her movements, instead she is kicking Baby A and he is arching up over (moving more) which has been great to watch.
    At the appointment we were 35.4 weeks, we have another appointment at 36.4 and if nothing has happened we will be talking about inducement between 37 and 38 weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RAH10 For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rah10, glad all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RAH - it is scary isn't it when you can't feel as much as you think you should. I had the same issue with my DS. Could feel DD clearly but as the preg progressed the movement became less. It was also because of position - DS was up high and his placenta was in front as a buffer. It meant I ended up having a lot of monitoring to the point of being hooked up to a monitor every 2nd day for an hour just to check for the last month of the pregnancy !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had that all along. Girl on the right is always going for it but boy on the left has his placenta at front so I never feel him unless I'm lying on that side and I can feel him kicking against the bed. Lol probably because he then has the weight of his sister piled on top of him !

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's reassuring to hear Cath and Julie. I feel baby boy A, more than my girl B, with her placenta in front and his behind and lower position. 24 week scan on Tuesday. My first obs doctor appointment on 14th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been complaining to DP heartily for maybe 6 weeks now about how much harder it is to breathe and how I can't even lie down horizontally etc etc and on the weekend everything changed !! Both twins were upright, so two heads under my ribs, the girl was higher than the boy. Well, I think she may have somersaulted because suddenly I can breathe again ! I had read on Dr Google that it can be more uncomfortable when they are upright and boy oh boy was he correct. DP is telling me to make the most of it and he's no doubt right. Its only a matter of time before they run out of room and I can't breath again

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Far out. 33 weeks now and really feeling it. Poor ds knows somethings going on. Amongst dealing with his 2yo issues he can tell I've slowed down alot and we've started doing things differently. I just can't do the every day stuff now. Cooking dinner, doing laundry, dressing/changing him is all difficult.

I'm getting really annoyed at simple things like not being able to roll over in bed, getting up n down off the couch, unpacking the dishwasher, hanging laundry. Aaaargh!! Poor hubby is working so hard on our renos. He puts in a full day at his day job then comes home to reno. Yesterday both ds and i had a melt down and he had to come in and deal with us. Lol. Poor fella. I think somethings gonna give if i don't slow down more.

Good to know about the 2nd baby movement thing. I can feel b1 kicking all the time, but not b2. Must b her position.

Ob is giving me the steroid injections this week as a matter of course in case they come at 35 weeks or less. Otherwise I'm booked in for cs 13 April which will make them 37+3wks.

Think we're pretty organised with all the gear, twin bf pillow, twinz pillow, packed hospital bags, baby jogger cmgt double, swings and I've joined the multiple birth club.

Bring on the bubs ! I just want to get going now, but know the longer they stay in the better.

Happy travels everyone!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-03-2016)