+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    unicornsandrainbows is offline Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My previous pregnancy resulted in my angel being born still due to incompetent cervix. And I have had a MMC. I don't really care how my babies are brought Earthside as long as they are healthy and alive that's all that counts But thankyou for the insight it's very useful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to unicornsandrainbows For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornsandrainbows View Post
    My previous pregnancy resulted in my angel being born still due to incompetent cervix. And I have had a MMC. I don't really care how my babies are brought Earthside as long as they are healthy and alive that's all that counts But thankyou for the insight it's very useful.
    I have been working with the same theory Unicorn. After 8 cycles (including 2 DE cycles) I have no preconceived idea of how these babies 'should' arrive. My focus has been on what keeps them healthy and what gives them the best chance of arriving with the least risk.
    Wishing you a H&H 9months x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (17-08-2015),unicornsandrainbows  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can definitely have a vaginal birth, as a pp said, if the twins are both in the right position. Mine were looking like they'd be fine for this for ages, both head down and looking good, but I got pre-eclampsia and ended up opting for a C-section at short notice due to this. Twins will get in position and not be able to move much at a pretty early stage so you will know whether it's possible from that perspective. As you said though, as long as they are safe and well, it won't really matter too much.
    As for going to 'term', I was told that 38 weeks would be the most that my ob would go before wanting to induce, but I was 40 years old as well, and this was a part of the reason for saying that, so it might be different for others.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Thanks for starting this thread!!
    Am 13 weeks along and simultaneously scared to death and excited beyond belief

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornsandrainbows View Post
    Hi mummies! I had this question floating around in my head today that I know I should ask my dr but i'm not seeing him til next week! Can you go to full term with twins or do you have to have them early? Can I have a vaginal birth or is it automatic csection? I am highrisk already. Any help would be appreciated
    Yes, you can go full term, but for twins it's considered 38 weeks. I was induced at exactly 38 weeks.
    I planned to have normal birth as my twins were in the right position, but my smaller twin slipped through and they said that I can have vaginal birth for smaller twin and then a c section for my bigger twin, but I oped out yo have c section for both of them. Ultrasound showed that there was one kilo difference between the girls, which at the end was not true, it was a doctors mistake. They were born 3 and 3.3 kilos. Hope I am making sense!!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, found out today Im 7w4d with identical mz twins. Due 4th April. They couldnt tell whether they share the same placenta and amniotic sac yet so not sure on where I will be having them yet. Bit scared and excited at the same time.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannabeamummy87 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (21-08-2015),unicornsandrainbows  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done! Am a bit further along -nearly 14 weeks with frat twins

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just poking my nose in this thread too ladies. I am 20w today with Frat twins (due Feb 2016) and have been told to mentally prepare for birth anytime from 34w onwards. In terms of C or V delivery - a bit like a few other comments here, I don't care as long as we all are safe.

Another twin-related question, has ebveryone joined the local chapter of the Multiple Births Association ? I have (just) after it was recommended by the OB. Just wandering what you have 'used' from them - if that makes sense ??? I am not sure what I should be using the membership for (other than the free box of Huggies that you get when you join !)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just found out yesterday I am pregnant with id twins. One measured 6 week 2 days and one 5 weeks 6 days. Iv got no idea where to go from here as my next appt wasn't scheduled until 13 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummy12 - it is a bit scary isn't it??? I did IVF so it was a very real possibilty of twins but still ...... there was a fair amount of "OMG" !

Twins is considered a high risk pregnancy (don't panic) so I would be trying to get an appointment with your OB earlier than the 13w. You will have a higher frequency of checkups with your OB than a singleton pregnancy, particularly as they are identical. If you want reassurance between now and the OB appt, there is nothing to stop you getting an Ultrasound request from your GP and having another done just to see how they are going.

Don't worry at this stage about the differeing age measurements - mine are currently measuring 5 days different but at other times in the pregnancy they have been 1 day and 10 days....... (I am now 20w5d with fraternal).

Lastly - congratulations ! as everyone keeps telling me, twins are a bit more work but twice the love and well worth it !

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (30-09-2015),MamaMell  (14-11-2015)