+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thought I would finally join you! I'm having 15 weeks 4days with twins! I know it's a bit early but I was looking at prams recently as I'll probably do layby and was wondering what people are going for? I liked the baby jogger city mini but today in the shops I saw the mountain buggy duet and while its a little heavier it's so much smaller and easier to go down the aisle! I was at the baby village store in bondi junction/Sydney and they told me they have a 10 percent discount off everything if you have twins! I sound like I work there but I seriously don't! Just want some opinions on the prams! Hope everyone is going ok in the heat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lolly! I was wondering the same thing....have been reading about these you beaut Bugaboo twin prams- but just don't think I can justify the $$....would love to hear everyone's opinions and get some advice on which prams you have and why.....

All going well for me- growing a little tummy now- 17wks tomorrow...can't believe how quickly it is going!

Struggling to fit in to anything and have even started buying maternity clothing- aaarrrggghhh! Kind of seems a little bit surreal to be honest......haven't been able to buy anything for the dynamic duo as yet....I guess I just keep waiting for something to go wrong- not the right way to think I know......

Anyway, hope you are all doing well xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lolly and Ruby,
    I've just bought the mountain buggy duet and the bassinets. I found on trade me, nz version of ebay, near new condition. Seems really easy to fold and fits through door ways. I liked the bugaboo abd donkey prams but like you ruby can't justify $$$$, when we need two of most things. I've started collecting already our garage is starting to look like babysrus. I thought I should get prepared as later on I my not have the energy, also who knows when they may make an arrival.

How are you doing Rah and Julie?

PS. how do you write the footnote profile? I couldn't figure it out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miss macy For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ruby and miss macy I've been looking on eBay and gumtree here too. Saw a great looking baby jogger in really good condition and that's why I went to shops to see it first. Glad I went as I'm not completely sold on it because of the size. When I asked about the bugaboo (even though I can't afford!) shop lady rolled her eyes and said don't bother not worth the money. Said the mountain buggy most popular for twins.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know what you mean @Ruby16 - you don't want to jinx it by buying stuff too early. Its a bit frightening when you finally do start buying - I admit I kept the cot boxes and packing material 'just in case' but threw them out last week. Had my 24 week scan and twins are both 1 pound 10, 30cm long, heads are 6cm diameter and all going swimmingly. They are 2 weeks ahead in weight and I'm getting squishy in all kinds of weird places so I'm trying to ease off a bit but I'm ALWAYS hungry !! TMI but I was horrified last night to notice that even over my pubic bone is really floppy ?!?!? That freaked me out. God I hope its all just baby bloat and drops off. I know I shouldn't worry about the weight gain, but age is NOT my friend and I suspect its going to be very hard to lose now that I'm 43.
    Regarding prams, we bought the E-brake which we got on special for around $900. The seats do from newborn so I didn't get any extras. Its around 9kg with seats off so I'll just be able to life it into the boot but I was surprised when we got home and I lifted it. I never did that in the shop and wish I had. It does seem like the rolls-royce of prams to me, but haven't used it yet. I was given a 'phil and ted's' two seat pram which is very lightweight so I will see how that one goes too. It's supposed to be a running pram but I've heard that the top seat rocks from side to side when you run because it just has a strap which runs behind it to sit up or recline the seat so it has no sideways anchoring. Pretty dumb really, but I'll give it a go. We may be able to anchor it ourselves somehow.
    My feet swelling has really ramped up in the last couple of days. Off for a hospital appt today so will mention it, but doubt there is any solution or improvement possible. Just a bit more exercise I suppose. I hope everyone else is going well !!
    About time too @Lolly99. 15 weeks is plenty

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (26-02-2016),Ruby16  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you got on ok at your appointment Julie. I'm only two weeks behind you with boy/girl di di. I know what you mean about things going slack. Im told the prgesterone is blame, I'm 45 and now I'm strapping my knee up if I'm walking any distance it feels like it could give way some days.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to miss macy For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss macy View Post
    Hope you got on ok at your appointment Julie. I'm only two weeks behind you with boy/girl di di. I know what you mean about things going slack. Im told the prgesterone is blame, I'm 45 and now I'm strapping my knee up if I'm walking any distance it feels like it could give way some days.
    Hmm I'll be interested to see how we 'oldies' recover from twins. Time will tell...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would fall into the oldies category and mine are now 6 weeks

I'm coping (I have a very hands on dh) but it's been harder than I thought and my body doesn't look like it will snap back. Trying not to obsess but I have the makings of an unsightly c section overhang

A smile from either of my little ones makes it worth it though.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (29-02-2016),JulieMalooley  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    I think I would fall into the oldies category and mine are now 6 weeks

I'm coping (I have a very hands on dh) but it's been harder than I thought and my body doesn't look like it will snap back. Trying not to obsess but I have the makings of an unsightly c section overhang

A smile from either of my little ones makes it worth it though.
    I'll bet it does @Hopeful1975 😄 what age do they start smiling? Did you consider trying a belly band of some description? I'm obviously far too vain as I've already bought my squeem and I'm planning on using it for as long as it takes ! Maybe I'll be fighting a losing battle ...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I didn't use a belly band - I thought long and hard about it and got some advice from bubbers. If money is no issue, I would have gotten one and just chalked it up to experience if it was rubbish.
    Wearing shapeware pants now just to make the wobble more comfortable

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (27-02-2016)