+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Juliemalooley, yes, I am rather scared at how big I am going to get... Praying things slow down a little.... PLEASE!!! I may be brave later and post a pic... maybe. and the tired and cranky is the pits, my poor 4yo has lost her patient mummy, though I do try my best.

Miss macy, we haven't told family either. Thankfully we haven't seen anyone and won't until DD's 5th birthday March 2nd, so I won't have to tell them then, they will clearly see. I am glad though as I will be 17 weeks then, so despite still being very nervous, feel a little safer telling them. At least you will be 23/24 weeks before you have to let family know; that's a nice string number of weeks to have behind you, but I do understand the fear still being there.

Rah10, getting so close. Do you mind whether you have to go c-section or natural? I often wonder how hard it is for babies to turn when there is more than one. My DD was head down 2 weeks before due date and then just decided to go back to breech, so had to do a C-section. Was devastated at the time as I so wanted to go natural, but in the end it wasn't that bad as we were able to plan everything knowing delivery date. There are pros and cons for each way, but it sounds like you a pretty relaxed with just going with the flow. Hope it's not too much longer a wait for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are very happy to go with the flow, as long as they come out healthy and alive we really don't mind what way they come out.
    I would prefer a vaginal delivery just because of the recovery time but in the end it really doesn't matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss macy View Post
    Rah10, well done for getting this far along, you're an inspiration to me. You must be soo uncomfortable, have the docs said whether you will be a c section or natural (apologies if you've already said)
    Julie, I'm not too far behind you 21 weeks, my midwife has just referred me to the obs at the hospital, which is a mixed bag some supportive for older mums and others just insensitive scare mongers (from my last pregnancy, miscarriage at 12 weeks). I'm interested in the supports for the bump too.

Alittleray, I still feel the same as you, after loss it's hard to be too think it's really happening, the doubt creeps in in between appointments, despite everything going fine. So your own doppler is great. I haven't really told family yet apart from mums, but mine are all in uk so can get aways with it, for a couple more weeks.

What are you all using for constipation? The midwife said laculose can cause the uterus to contract in the last trimester and said tinned pears, but they don't seem to work.
    @miss macy I used dulcolax drops when I got desperate but only every few days ( so I don't get reliant on it ) and not the max dose as that actually gave me really bad runs. Try only 10 drops and it takes a little longer than 'overnight' for me btw. Since then though I started eating mixed nuts and seeds, dried fruit, popcorn (which are some of the super fibre foods) then got a craving for rocket/salad leaves which was the icing on the cake. I eat a bag at a time. I haven't had any constipation since getting onto this stuff at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Julie, I can try all of those, popcorn easy. What I was eating I.e kiwi friut was trigger my acid reflux so nuts and seeds sounds nice. I've not had any cravings yet, just food aversions for the first 3 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having a go at something completely new to me, blogging. I've signed up for a blog page and linking it to a Facebook page as well.
    It's called, twins plus three.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss macy View Post
    Thanks Julie, I can try all of those, popcorn easy. What I was eating I.e kiwi friut was trigger my acid reflux so nuts and seeds sounds nice. I've not had any cravings yet, just food aversions for the first 3 months.
    Kiwi didn't seem to do anything for me. The pumpkin seeds, almonds, dried fruit was the ice breaker I think. I have a massive Tupperware full in the lounge room and fang on it more regularly because it's in my field of vision . Simple trick which helps me remember.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RAH10 View Post
    I'm having a go at something completely new to me, blogging. I've signed up for a blog page and linking it to a Facebook page as well.
    It's called, twins plus three.
    I presume I just google 'twins plus three'? Trying it now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea. Maybe just on Facebook.
    It's not much at the moment, just trying to back track through the last few months.
    I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RAH10 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RAH10 View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe just on Facebook.
    It's not much at the moment, just trying to back track through the last few months.
    I thought I'd give it a go anyway.
    It's great. Clicking on your fb pics drops you into the blog ! Well done, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that! I don't think I knew you were having b/g twins too - congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rah, the blog is a great time line of your journey. Went via facebook.
    Julie, the foods tips work. I made a salad out of most of the ingredients. Hope your both comfortable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to miss macy For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-02-2016)