+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome mrschino and miss Macy! Congrats! Good luck with the journey. We're all here for you! Xx makes it so much easier with people to talk to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RAH10 View Post
    32 weeks over here and completely over it. My stomach is stretched beyond belief and the braxton hicks are constant and very full on.
    Both babies are still breech, and it they don't turn themselves in the next 3 weeks then we will have to plan a c section, which isn't ideal but as long as they are safe and well, we really don't mind.
    We have been very slow at getting the nursery / house ready this time around. For our daughter we were very organised.
    Yuk. Doesn't sound like fun rah. I'll probably be in your positron too soon. I have to have a scheduled c section cos Ds was Cesar 2yrs ago. Gotta say it was quite civilized. I just wanted him (and the twins) out the safest way possible.
    By mid afternoon these days i am wrecked and sleeping at night is a big issue due to discomfort and pee breaks. 😢 I'm happy to have finally reached 30 weeks and be at the pointy end of things and on the home stretch! Not long now RAH , hang in there, you know they're better off oh the inside. Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Twins due in 2016

Welcome @MrsChino and @miss macy I look forward to following your progress
    I hear you with the pee breaks and being tired @musicalgirl - the discomfort isn't a huge issue yet but I'm already sleeping propped due to horrendous snoring issues brought on my an over relaxed soft palate. I'm literally waking myself about 20-30 times per night unless I'm semi upright! I never saw THIS coming !! It's not easy to get comfy in that position.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a little nervous to join this thread earlier as I am so much further behind you all but I see there are some newbies a little closer to where I am at,,,,though comparing my bump with some of your bump shots, I look closer to the ladies that Re not far off gi ing birth!! I am huge!! I have 16 week scan on Monday and after so many losses, have been nervously checking for heartbeats with my doppler every 2nd day... and thankfully finding them. Look forward to folosing along and learning from your joirneys. I am quite surprised at how different this twin pregnancy is to my singleton 5 years ago,

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (18-02-2016),JulieMalooley  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are 33 + 4. So over it now. Fundal Height of 42 weeks
    Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RAH10 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, it's been a while since I posted but I have been trying to keep up with everyone.
    I'm now 25weeks and while the shock has eased I still can't believe that I've gotten this far with twins!
    I saw my ob last week and I'm measuring 30 weeks and I certainly feel it!
    The difference between my singleton pregnancy with my son and this one couldn't be more different!

I've had Graves' disease this time, all day endless morning sickness, a dreadful back that im seeing a physio every 2 weeks, one leg that swells up by lunchtime making me resemble the Michelin man and I can swear I can feel my tummy muscles stretching . . . Errrrr!

With my son I don't think I had a headache the whole time!

But we really are feeling so incredibly blessed and the support from family and friends has been beautiful!

We are aiming for 38 weeks and I'm having scans at my ob every 2 weeks now and the babies are looking great and on track. So I feel quite confident that we'll make it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JulieMalooley, that's a lovely sized bump. I am bigger than you and only 16 weeks.
    Wanna swap? 😊 I can also relate to the snoring thing. I wake myself up regularaly snoring, and now poor DH leaves th room to get a good night's sleep elsewhere 😟.... extra room in the bed is rather nice though.

Jamellabeth, are having to take meds for your Graves disease during pregnancy? I actually went to see Endocrinologist today as my TSH, T3 & T4 were way out of range 2 weeks ago and she thought Graves disease. She put me on PTU to stabilise things and it seems levels are back to normal. I get horrible headaches and wonder whether it is the drugs, but it could also be dehydration as you have to drink so much to keep hydrated with twins

is it a twin pregnancy thing to be going to th toilet every hour on the hour during the night? I am so sleep deprived as I just can't get past an hour without having to go to the toilet through the night?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alittleray View Post
    JulieMalooley, that's a lovely sized bump. I am bigger than you and only 16 weeks.
    Wanna swap? ������ I can also relate to the snoring thing. I wake myself up regularaly snoring, and now poor DH leaves th room to get a good night's sleep elsewhere ������.... extra room in the bed is rather nice though.

Jamellabeth, are having to take meds for your Graves disease during pregnancy? I actually went to see Endocrinologist today as my TSH, T3 & T4 were way out of range 2 weeks ago and she thought Graves disease. She put me on PTU to stabilise things and it seems levels are back to normal. I get horrible headaches and wonder whether it is the drugs, but it could also be dehydration as you have to drink so much to keep hydrated with twins

is it a twin pregnancy thing to be going to th toilet every hour on the hour during the night? I am so sleep deprived as I just can't get past an hour without having to go to the toilet through the night?
    Wow @RAH10 that is one horizontal bump !!! I'll bet you are over it, poor thing. Not long to go though (I bet everyone says that to you). @Jamellabeth congrats on getting that far, you are well and truly on the home stretch so can rest easy now. @Alittleray, no way do I want to swap !! If you are this size at 16 weeks, you're in trouble later lol. Yes, the toilet stops are a pain in the butt. Mine eased off though at around maybe 19-20 weeks? Its not as bad now, still 2-3 stops per night though which is frustrating on top of the snoring. I'm tired and cranky all the time.
    Has anyone used belly support things with a twin bump ? Would it help prevent stretch marks, sore back etc I'm wondering?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rah10, well done for getting this far along, you're an inspiration to me. You must be soo uncomfortable, have the docs said whether you will be a c section or natural (apologies if you've already said)
    Julie, I'm not too far behind you 21 weeks, my midwife has just referred me to the obs at the hospital, which is a mixed bag some supportive for older mums and others just insensitive scare mongers (from my last pregnancy, miscarriage at 12 weeks). I'm interested in the supports for the bump too.

Alittleray, I still feel the same as you, after loss it's hard to be too think it's really happening, the doubt creeps in in between appointments, despite everything going fine. So your own doppler is great. I haven't really told family yet apart from mums, but mine are all in uk so can get aways with it, for a couple more weeks.

What are you all using for constipation? The midwife said laculose can cause the uterus to contract in the last trimester and said tinned pears, but they don't seem to work.
    Last edited by miss macy; 20-02-2016 at 05:37.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to miss macy For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We would have been scheduling a c section because they have both been breech since Christmas but in the last few days baby a has flipped, so now we are back to just waiting and seeing what happens. We are pretty happy to go with the flow, when they arrive. It all depends on how they are laying and how I am doing and how they are doing at the time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RAH10 For This Useful Post:

miss macy  (20-02-2016)