+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    During the scans they can have a guess with the measurements about how much the babies weight.
    How close can they get?
    The scan today at 28.5 weeks says baby a is 3lb 2 and baby B 3lb 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How does that work @RAH10? I don't get how they can grow to that size. ...? At 26 weeks mine are bang on coming up at 26 weeks. If they're bigger does that mean they'll come sooner? ? like. ..they're cooked? Yeah GD would suck. As if we haven't got enough to worry about!

Yeah I'm terrified about whooping cough. We had the vaccine when DS had his at 8 weeks cos we actually didn't even know about it til then. I don't like the idea of any kids holding the babies either. They're all in day care with gastro and flu going around and you never know the kids could b in the 3 day incubating period or whatever. It's bad enough when bubs get into the real world and are exposed to all that anyway. DS caught everything going in his first year. It's hard enough watching them with a cold let alone anything else. I've heard of friends bubs getting viral infections as newborns and hospitalised. Poor little mites. But how do you protect them for 8 weeks? ! I certainly wouldn't b up for sitting at home all that time 😯
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 16-01-2016 at 18:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our babies have always been a week or so ahead of the gestation they say we are, we think they got our dates wrong from the beginning but no one would change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    Well done Ladybug - what a terrific time ahead you can look forward to.

Day 2 with my beautiful bubs. Both doing well with one no longer needing ctpap and other getting stronger by the day. This being my first pregnancy completely bowled over at how much I love them already and how much I love my husband for all his gentle love for them

Much more wobbly after section than I thought and thought I would be more mobile/ pain free than I am. Is worth being aware of that twin mommas can lose more blood from placentas coming away and uterus has that bit further to retract which can translate to bit more uncomfy cramps

Cathy, how are doing?
    Hopeful - congratulations ! I can't believe how close we were all along. You got 3 days further than me ! Don't worry about the Caesar soreness - you should be pretty much past it by now (at least that is my experience I am now Day 8 and have been pain/discomfort free for 2 days thank goodness).

I was discharged yesterday and have commenced the twice daily commute back to the hospital for breastfeeding etc sessions. It is so nice to sleep n my own bed but I am lucky I am only 10 mins from the hospital and it is such a pleasure to go back.

I know what you mean about falling in love with them. It was Day 3 and I looked at my son and just couldn't believe the love I felt for him. I randomnly walked into the Special Care Unit the other day and a midwife apologised she was too busy to give me some 1:1 attention (the midwives are amazingly generous with their time and knowledge...) and my response was "it is fine, I am just here to stare at them" and genuinely I could just stare at them 24/7 I suspect.

Enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    Hi ladies, delurking to suggest the Twincredible feeding pillow for anyone considering mix feeding or bottle feeding, we have loved ours for our 5 month old twin boys, it's a serious life saver when you are by yourself with them!

I didn't get it til they were 9 weeks old, so wish I'd known they existed sooner!
    MrsA2B - what is the "pillow" called and where did you get it from ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's called the Twincredible, I got it here: http://www.twincredible.com.au

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Twins due in 2016

Just a note on gestational diabetes. I don't think I've mentioned it on this thread but the hospital were going to put me on a trial for GD. Basically they believe that probiotics can help prevent it. Anyway I didn't get on the trial as my BMI was too low so I'm trying the probiotics theory myself. It can't hurt ! I got some double strength ones which don't need refrigeration so will just take one every second day.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 17-01-2016 at 18:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been following along here much sorry.
    Currently 23+6 with mcda identical boys.

Just wanted to say for any other mcda/modi twin mums really watch out for any changes in your tummy and make sure you have scans fortnightly from 16 weeks to watch for ttts

I knew to watch out for my tummy suddenly expanding, but I didn't have that symptom. I just ended up very uncomfortable and my tummy felt tight, did have some rapid weight gain but that was over Christmas so didn't notice as much as I should.
    Went into my local hospital feeling pretty silly since I was just going in due to being uncomfortable, but thank goodness I did.
    Ended up being sent straight to the Mater in Brisbane, diagnosed with stage 2 ttts and put in for surgery the next morning to laser the shared blood vessels and remove 2.2litres of excess fluid from twin A's sac, 😬 such a scary experience.
    Both our boys survived the surgery and appear to be going ok, though bit concerned twin B (donor) hasn't been left with enough blood flow and may be growth restricted. He's still kicking away and has some fluid in his bladder, just hasn't got fluid around him again even a week after surgery.
    Just a matter of closely watching them and seeing how they go now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayteapot For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would have been scary! I'm glad you are all doing well. I've just found out the twins are identical and share a placenta, so will have to be on the look out for any symptoms! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453145673.629787.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing, jayteapot, that must've been so scary! I'm only 15 weeks but also with identicals, so am very wary of watching for ttts. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and event-free (until the big event!)