+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the new twin mummies! 25 weeks here. The weeks just fly! We're doing heaps of renos to expand the house to accommodate twins and our 22 month ds. We have enough bedrooms, just needed to knock out a wall to make the lounge bigger, putting in a pool, front fence and double carport, new car. ..it's all happening. It's been so crap living amongst a work zone , especially with a very active ds, but I've just kept thinking about the end result and it's gonna be brilliant. We live within 4 minute walking distance of a shopping Centre and big park, plus all my mummy friends, so when we couldn't find a new house that fit the bill we decided to renovate.

The twin gear I'm looking at buying is
    Baby jogger city mini GT DOUBLE. I have the single for ds and you honestly don't need any other pram or stroller. Friends have been thru 3 prams to get lighter, smaller or suit different needs, but the city mini gt is light, compact, one arm fold, steer with one hand. I could go on. Brilliant. So even after researching doubles at length I've still come back to the mini GT double.

I also want to get a bf pillow. The Twin z pillow (seen on shark tank) and/or the My Brestfriend twin pillow. Not sure if I'll need it but twin mums say you need a couple of boppy pillows too. Invaluable to put a twin in while you're working with the other.

I also want a Moby carrier for the early days when they're newborn to 3months and then a twingo carrier for later. Baby wearing saved my *** so many times with ds. It's a great comfort thing for them and they always fall asleep easily. Instant sleepy dust!

Imo all mummies also need an electric swing for bubs. WE COULD NOT have survived without that blessed piece of equipment. So I've borrowed another one from a friend so each twin has one.

I think that's it as far as equipment goes. I plan to maybe mix feed with bf and formula, but hopefully mostly bf. See how my supply is! Whatever makes them full is the way to go! !!
    @Summakh ...any tips on having a toddler around at the same time. I'm pretty scared of the sleep deprivation in the first year. Ds is really active. Dunno how I'll go with him while trying to feed etc 😯 he's been sleeping thru for 1.5yrs now. I'm hoping everyone will b asleep at lunchtime so i can get a nap too! !!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (12-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Welcome to all the new twin mummies! 25 weeks here. The weeks just fly! We're doing heaps of renos to expand the house to accommodate twins and our 22 month ds. We have enough bedrooms, just needed to knock out a wall to make the lounge bigger, putting in a pool, front fence and double carport, new car. ..it's all happening. It's been so crap living amongst a work zone , especially with a very active ds, but I've just kept thinking about the end result and it's gonna be brilliant. We live within 4 minute walking distance of a shopping Centre and big park, plus all my mummy friends, so when we couldn't find a new house that fit the bill we decided to renovate.

The twin gear I'm looking at buying is
    Baby jogger city mini GT DOUBLE. I have the single for ds and you honestly don't need any other pram or stroller. Friends have been thru 3 prams to get lighter, smaller or suit different needs, but the city mini gt is light, compact, one arm fold, steer with one hand. I could go on. Brilliant. So even after researching doubles at length I've still come back to the mini GT double.

I also want to get a bf pillow. The Twin z pillow (seen on shark tank) and/or the My Brestfriend twin pillow. Not sure if I'll need it but twin mums say you need a couple of boppy pillows too. Invaluable to put a twin in while you're working with the other.

I also want a Moby carrier for the early days when they're newborn to 3months and then a twingo carrier for later. Baby wearing saved my *** so many times with ds. It's a great comfort thing for them and they always fall asleep easily. Instant sleepy dust!

Imo all mummies also need an electric swing for bubs. WE COULD NOT have survived without that blessed piece of equipment. So I've borrowed another one from a friend so each twin has one.

I think that's it as far as equipment goes. I plan to maybe mix feed with bf and formula, but hopefully mostly bf. See how my supply is! Whatever makes them full is the way to go! !!
    @Summakh ...any tips on having a toddler around at the same time. I'm pretty scared of the sleep deprivation in the first year. Ds is really active. Dunno how I'll go with him while trying to feed etc 😯 he's been sleeping thru for 1.5yrs now. I'm hoping everyone will b asleep at lunchtime so i can get a nap too! !!
    I agree with the swing, we had two swings for our girls and it made things so much easier especially when I was breastfeeding one at a time I could just put one back in the swing. Car capsules are also great we hired ours and used them with the Baby Jogger City Select and it was a lot cheaper to hire them I think I paid about 100 for both for 6 months. When I went out it was good just to be able to transfer them without waking them. I got a double breastfeeding pump too which was invaluable because my girls were perm born at 32 weeks and I needed to express to feed them and build my supply. I used the unimom forte and it was a great pump. When your pretty short for time with twins you want to cut down the pumping time especially if you need to pump in the middle of the night. When the twins were born my daughter was 2 and she was very active, we kept her routine the same to keep the normality as much as we could. When I was feeding I would set up colouring, playdoh blocks or whatever in stations to keep her occupied. I think IMO even though your exhausted if you have a bit of free time (it's rare but it does happen) spending one on one time with your toddler is pretty important and I learnt this the hard way as my daughter acted out really badly and her moods changed after we had the twins because she was just craving my attention I found that if we just sat quietly together and read a book or had a quiet tea party even if it was just for 15 minutes it made a world of difference because it was our time. Its hard when you have a toddler too but you make it work and once you get in the swing of things it becomes a lot easier

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummamania86 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (12-01-2016),MusicalGal  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, delurking to suggest the Twincredible feeding pillow for anyone considering mix feeding or bottle feeding, we have loved ours for our 5 month old twin boys, it's a serious life saver when you are by yourself with them!

It means you can bottle feed them both together. I also used mine in the place of two boppys while feeding - had it sitting on the ottoman in front of me and was able to safely transfer both boys onto the My Brest Friend twin breastfeeding pillow to tandem feed from it.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452399676.481330.jpg

I didn't get it til they were 9 weeks old, so wish I'd known they existed sooner!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (10-01-2016),Jamellabeth  (12-01-2016),Jayteapot  (11-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (10-01-2016),MusicalGal  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MrsA

Today my b/b fraternals chose to make an entrance. Still trying to process but cannot stop looking at the pics of them every minute

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    Thanks MrsA

Today my b/b fraternals chose to make an entrance. Still trying to process but cannot stop looking at the pics of them every minute
    Congratulations how many weeks were they born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    34 exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    COngrats @Hopeful1975 you did well staying in hosp for 5 weeks! Hope they are doing well!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    34 exactly
    How are you and the bubs going?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mummamania86 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Congratulations on your pregnancies! I'm 11w1d, and found out yesterday we're having twins! Due 1st August. I already have a 2yo DD.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladybug09 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (12-01-2016),Jamellabeth  (13-01-2016),Ruby16  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Ladybug - what a terrific time ahead you can look forward to.

Day 2 with my beautiful bubs. Both doing well with one no longer needing ctpap and other getting stronger by the day. This being my first pregnancy completely bowled over at how much I love them already and how much I love my husband for all his gentle love for them

Much more wobbly after section than I thought and thought I would be more mobile/ pain free than I am. Is worth being aware of that twin mommas can lose more blood from placentas coming away and uterus has that bit further to retract which can translate to bit more uncomfy cramps

Cathy, how are doing?