+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations and welcome Frosty.

I found MS eased off by about 16w so hang in there but meanwhile it was bizarre that some days something would satisfy the MS and other days it was completely different. Don't worry about what it is, just as long as you find something and fruit sounds pretty good to me ! I ate toasted bacon and egg sandwiches early on (worked for the nausea - maybe not so great for the waistline) but also moved on to fresh pears and various types of fruit later.

MusicalGal - what twin equipment are you thinking about ?

The only specific twin things I have are a pram and a carrier. The carrier was a gift and I am not sure I will use it .... it is an American brand but not sure where it came from. The pram is an Emmaljunga and I picked it up second hand (6 months old) via Gumtree for 1/4 of the new price. If you are looking for a twin breastfeeding pillow, I was recommended the My Brest Friend range who make both single and twin pillows and available via Baby Kingdom (in NSW at least) and I have had mixed recommendations as to whether a twin is really needed even when breast feeding both at the same time - so I have a single and will see how I go with that as the twin one is huge ! The last item recommended to me for twins was Podee bottles which are bottles with long straws so you can place the bottle near the baby's feet and they can feed themselves rather than you having to hold a bottle up for each baby. They are available from the US but I believe there is also an Aussie distributor online. Good luck !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Frosty123  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I'm 11 weeks with surprise identicals after a single egg transfer. Still in shock and like lots of you I have a 2 year old as well to look after as well as a part time job... Pretty worried about how big I'll get - I had pre-e last pregnancy and measured 44 weeks at 36. But excited/scared and feeling a bit proud that my final Ivf worked so well lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone and congratulations to all expectant twin mummies! I'm 17 weeks with fraternal twins. Regarding twin gear, so far we have bought the e-brake stroller as it's nice and narrow and I'm looking at the podee bottles too. I haven't heard of anyone who has used them so I'm interested to hear some feedback before I buy some. 22 and 29 weeks ?! Holey moley that's early. I've been thinking it's too early to start preparing but that's got me thinking...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RAH10 View Post
    I will find out my current fundal height on new years eve, but at 20 weeks I was 31 weeks in size, that was scary. I haven't used anything in terms of creams yet, my body is still working on the stretch marks I got from my first pregnancy, it's only now starting to stretch a little it more on the ends, so yes I will use some kind of cream bit nothing I will use will make it go away, it will just be something to help ease with the discomfort.
    I have wonderful family and friends around to support so I don't need to worry about looking after the 2yr old as much.
    @RAH10 this is an interesting topic. I didn't think creams/oils would really help either but a friend of mine has had two and first baby she used bio oil and not one stretch mark, second baby, slightly smaller belly size, she didn't think she needed to bother with the oil and got stretch marks ! I'm slapping it on twice a day now. I too am panicking over how big I'm going to get and can't imagine how hard it would be with a toddler at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just on the prepping early - it's worth keeping in mind twins can come early/can have complications

Whilst I had done a good bit of prepping, I was hospitalised at 29 weeks for best rest with Pe which meant dh had to do a lot on his own.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @MusicalGal I'm going public and having a Caesarian - I wanted to and the Drs wanted me to also. Our local public is only 5 minutes away (as opposed to 45 for the two private options) but they have single rooms for twin births anyway so happy day !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - are you still hospitalised ? Or did you get early release for home bed rest ?

Julie - I am doing C Section because of blood pressure but when I heard what often happens with a vaginal birth for twins (once 1st is delivered naturally often the 2nd changes position and then has to be delivered via C Section anyway even after the OB sticks his/her hand up inside to turn them back around) I was more than happy to just do 1 type of delivery rather than try them both !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All! Thinking I might join this thread- 10 weeks today with twins! Due officially at the start of August, but think from what I'm reading it will be more like the start of July......

My head is still in a bit of a tail spin to be honest- we transferred 1 hatching blast in November, and at my first scan there were 3 sacs and 3 embryos!

Unfortunately I had some bleeding early on, and at my first scan there was an area of my uterus that was haemorrhaging that was close to one of the placentas/sacs (?)- hence that one was measuring 1w4d behind the others and had quite a low heart rate. And at my follow up scan this week that foetus was no longer viable and was still measuring the same as it was 2 weeks ago.

However- we are absolutely over the moon to be having twins! Couldn't ask for anything more I don't think! Guessing it will be tough to start with (we don't have any children), but I'm sure we'll be fine!

Hope you are all doing well xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies congrats on your twin pregnancies it's an amazing journey. I had fraternal twin girls in 2013 and I have a four year old. I am currently TTC number 4. Just thought I would join this thread in case anyone needs advice or support. Good luck with your pregnancies it's a crazy ride

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummamania86 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-01-2016),Ruby16  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubie, congrats! Exciting times ahead.

Cathy, still in hospital (coming up to 4 weeks) and am so impatient to meet my little ones ones. These last days/weeks are almost the worst. How are you going?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (10-01-2016)