+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In terms of size, this is my first/last pregnancy so can't compare it to anything but .... at 32.5w I am 39w fundal height. I am now only growing in size at the same rate as a singleton (ie 1cm for 1 week) after initially growing 2:1 up until a fortnight ago. I don't know if that is just me or a general thing. My OB doesn't seem concerned so that is my reassurance. He did mention though that he is delivering twins today at 37.5w where the mum was measuring 50w last week. He said at 50w she is enormous and extremely uncomfortable and that he was worried she would put a hit on him if he didn't deliver the babies now !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    22.5 weeks here and really feeling it. We've got a DS 22 months. He'll have just turned 2 when the twins arrive! ! Aaaargh! I too am worried about how they will fit? My hips are so sore these days, my feet swollen and indigestion/heartburn is full time. Gah! I get so tired i have to have a nap when Mr little has his at lunchtime. Not sleeping well at night either. 😯
    Can't say I'm enjoying this pregnancy as much as my last.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Can I join this thread please? I'm 15weeks 2days with twins. There is a discrepancy between 7 week and 12 week scan so I don't yet know wetha they are fraternal or identical.

Musicalgal....you're in cairns aren't you? Just curious who your OB is? I had Dr Waterfield with my last 2 babies but he is no longer practising so had to find a new one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kit84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGal - I found the tiredness was nasty in the 20 - 26w's and found a midday nap really made a difference otherwise I felt physically nauseous by 4pm from the tiredness. My naps were just half an hour, laying in a dark room with some music playing - most of the time I slept for about 15mins but sometimes nothing. I also started an extra iron supplement about that time just to help.

Kit - welcome ! Hopefully the next scan gives you more clarity though I presume you would be treated as if they are identical if there is any doubt, just to be conservative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cathy69 well that's good to know that this isn't it for the rest of the pregnancy. Can't wait for the fatigue to leave. My little 22mnth ds is so busy! I've really gotta plan my days atm to get thru!
    @Kit84 , yes I'm in cairns! I had Waterfield too and when he closed down shop moved over to dr Wright. As you can imagine he has taken on most of Waterfield patients now so he's got about a 1 month wait list. He's very good tho. Pretty quirky. Another problem is that he may not be able to operate in the cairns base due to his accreditation needing renewal. Which leaves me in a tough spot cos my insurance doesn't cover me for the private hospital. And I'd like to be at the public for scbu anyway.

I hope Waterfield will be alright 😯 i heard it wasn't good 😢

I wish we had a crystal ball on when the twins would arrive. I don't expect full term, but I'm hearing many stories of 22 weeks and 29 weeks! All babies survived but were in scbu for weeks 😢
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 26-12-2015 at 21:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Musicalgal- I know! I saw Dr Waterfield in his last week of work and he didn't sound confident at all about his surgery the following week. I didn't like to ask what it was for tho.... I was devastated as I think of him as the best dr I know! So I have moved over to Dr Jackson....she seems nice, I'm just a little concerned as she looks about my age (31!) she said she will deliver at either hospital but can only do private if after 36weeks as no scbu. So I guess I'll just have to see what happens. I'm a little concerned about how long I will have to be in cairns ( we live in Tully ) as my daughter is starting school next year and my son is starting kindy so I would hate to be away from them for too long but need to do whatever is best for the babies too! I hope it is smooth sailing for us both!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where's dr Jackson @Kit84? I thought there was only dr wright and Natalie kiesly caulding in cairns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Jackson is in QFG offices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kit. I didn't know you could get an ob from the fert clinic to deliver and follow the pregnancy. Might have to look into that if dr wright doesn't renew his accreditation at cairns base.

Where is everyone buying their twin gear from? Belly 2 baby. Com and stuff 4 multiplies in America seem to have good prices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'd love to join this thread and chat to other expectant mums of twins, I am 12 weeks with identical twins and it's my first pregnancy. Am going ok so far apart from some pretty persistent nausea in the afternoons (which I am finding stone fruit, strangely, a good cure for?!)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty123 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (01-01-2016),Jamellabeth  (02-01-2016)