+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    24 weeks over here, and I've hit the point where I can no longer take care of my 2 year old for any real length of time and it's really starting to get to me.
    Physically I can't bend, walking too far is painful and just daily things like dishes, washing and breathing is difficult.
    My stomach has been measuring about 10 weeks ahead in size, and I'm currently huge, my stomach has completely filled out and there is no room left.
    Our due date is 3rd April but I have a feeling we will be lucky to make it to the end of February.
    Oh and they gave me a scare yesterday when I had 4 menstrual like cramps, I thought it might have been preterm labour but thankfully it stopped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RAH10, I can't remember exactly when it was but at least by 24w, I also couldn't bend over - it just plain hurt ! I worked out a way to do it as a sort of half squat. But I do spend time avoiding it and have resorted to picking up some items with my toes when that was feasible !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twin pregnancies are hard - that's for sure,

I've now developed preeclampsia which will likely mean earlier delivery. Very glad to have nearly made it to 32 Weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, 35 weeks here and all so far so good. Besides the physical stuff of not being able to do much compared to my single pregnancy! Will find out tomorrow if I will be induced early as both my twins have dropped centiles, Twin 1 twice now but they're not to worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful, we really are copying each other. I ended up in hospital for 24hours last week with out of control BP and the first appearance of protein in my urine (pre-eclampsia) so that included discussions about steroids and delivery this week (32w). Fortunately extra drugs brought a bit of control to the BP and they sent me home for bed rest. The Medical staff have all said '32w is good but 34w would be better' ..... I am back to the OB today to see what is happening now but at the moment it feels like a day by day thing and that I am walking along a knife's edge which I am not overly happy about .

What drugs are you on ? I am now on Corbeton 80mg x 4 times per day and Aldomet 250mg x 3 times per day. I feel llike I am obsessed with tablets and their timing !

Bellaamore - you are almost there !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy, how weird is that! Am on three meds - oxeprenonol, hydra something and a third. Am still getting an almost daily spike but feel I am in good hands.

As a person I really like certainty and a plan so I find the day by day thing quite hard. Trying to just focus on what is best for babies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just found out its twins!

Hi everyone. I have just joined and looking forward to chatting to you all. I just found out yesterday its twins 6w 1d. I havent got over the shock yet but panic is setting in. I feel terrified! I have a DS that is only 2! And the morning sickness is terrible!!!! How are you feeling unicornsandrainbows?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Avywithtwins For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took the entire first trimester got the shock to wear off for me. We also have a two year old, she will be approx 2.4 years when they arrive.
    We are currently 25 weeks along and the hardest thing I'm coping with now is being too big to look after our child.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RAH10 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi RAH10.

My biggest fear is how big I will get. And not being able to keep up with DS. Can i ask is your skin really stretched? Is it uncomfortable? I felt huge with my single pregnancy! Its such a big shock im not even sure what to expect. Do you use anything on your skin? I only used palmers cocoa butter last pregnancy. I just cant image how my stomach is going to stretch that much! Im in a panic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will find out my current fundal height on new years eve, but at 20 weeks I was 31 weeks in size, that was scary. I haven't used anything in terms of creams yet, my body is still working on the stretch marks I got from my first pregnancy, it's only now starting to stretch a little it more on the ends, so yes I will use some kind of cream bit nothing I will use will make it go away, it will just be something to help ease with the discomfort.
    I have wonderful family and friends around to support so I don't need to worry about looking after the 2yr old as much.