Twins due in 2016 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    unicornsandrainbows is offline Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins due in 2016

Hi everyone! Starting this thread to see if there are any likeminded mummies like me who are having twins in 2016! I'm 6w.4days along with twins due 5th April 2016 We found out yesterday and i'm still in shock!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to unicornsandrainbows For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (15-08-2015),curlybird  (15-08-2015),Hopeful1975  (17-08-2015),Jayteapot  (18-10-2015),Mamasupial  (15-08-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (15-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!! I am almost 11 weeks with a singleton, but it's very exciting all the same... I bet you will be in shock for quite some time...enjoy it!! I really hope you don't get double the morning sickness though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My pregnant days are over but I just wanted to say a big congrats. I've followed your journey, including the heartache and was so happy to see this thread.

hope you have an uneventful easy pg

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (15-08-2015),Mamasupial  (15-08-2015),unicornsandrainbows  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw ladies thanks for the love! So far no morning sickness and hopefully it will stay mild

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations! I'm a mum to 2 year old twin girls and it's the most fantastic thing in the world. Enjoy every moment of this very special journey. xo
    PS. I had no morning sickness at all so you might be lucky!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 15 weeks pregnant with twin girls Due early feb but expecting to meet them mid January!

Congratulations to you!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxinem2112 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (21-11-2015),unicornsandrainbows  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mummies! I had this question floating around in my head today that I know I should ask my dr but i'm not seeing him til next week! Can you go to full term with twins or do you have to have them early? Can I have a vaginal birth or is it automatic csection? I am highrisk already. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Twins due in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by unicornsandrainbows View Post
    Hi mummies! I had this question floating around in my head today that I know I should ask my dr but i'm not seeing him til next week! Can you go to full term with twins or do you have to have them early? Can I have a vaginal birth or is it automatic csection? I am highrisk already. Any help would be appreciated
    Not a twin mummy, but I can help.

1. Yes you can go full term with twins. Most will come early though when they run out of room. There are also some variables that can impact this, but yes you can go full term.

2. You can definitely have a vaginal birth, but it depends on the presentation of the twins. The first twin needs to be head down (cephalic) (or sometimes breech depending on your obstetrician) though for them to consider. If the presentations are cephalic/cephalic, cephalic/breech it is generally safe to have a vaginal birth. If they are breech/breech they may consider vaginal birth (depends on your obstetrician though as to whether they will do it). If they are breech/cephalic it's an automatic caesarean and if the first twin has any other part presenting it will be an automatic caesarean. Once the first twin is born they will usually do a bedside USS to ensure the second twin is coming down ok. If there is concern twin 2 will flip etc they will guide twin 2 down towards the pelvis.

Hope this helps

ETA: full term is considered from 37 weeks. Yes you may be induced after this point, but if there are no other issues leading up to this, then it is safe to continue the pregnancy until they're ready to come/your doctor recommends induction. A lot of twins will arrive 34-36 weeks, but those that arrive later generally are born 37-39 weeks whether labour is spontaneous or induced.
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 17-08-2015 at 08:12.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another non twin mummy here however one of my friends is pregnant with twins and has been told she will be induced at 38 weeks if she hasn't already given birth. 38 weeks is considered full term.
    She is also planning a natural birth if circumstances permit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornsandrainbows View Post
    Expectant twin mummy here (due Oct. 15) and I would actually disagree with PP's ... I have been told quite specifically that 37 weeks is generally accepted as full term for twins and you are very unlikely to be taken past this point, especially if you are considered 'high risk'. Multiples often arrive early anyway so I doubt you (or your doctor) will get much control over this.

I am high risk too (age, previous surgeries, 4 x threatened miscarriages in this pregnancy)
    and I was told very early on that I should be expecting a C-section. For this however I imagine it depends on what the circumstances are that make you 'high risk'. I am a twin myself and my mother delivered us quite successfully in a natural delivery.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

unicornsandrainbows  (17-08-2015)