+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Normal lap recovery

I have had 2 laps and open surgery before but I really cant remember recovery as for all of them there were complications and I spent quite a bit of time in hospital after in a morphine haze

I had a lap 2 days ago. They did quite a bit and I stayed overnight due to nausea and trouble peeing.

Home now and dont feel well. Pain is improving. But the nausea is unrelenting. I never throw up but spend a lot of time on the verge. It is constant. I stopped all painkillers last night in case they were the cause. I cant eat or drink much and have lost nearly two kilos.

I have today started feeling achy and gross like I have a temp, but it is only 37.6 My discharge sheet says to call at 38.

I also have some chest type pain when walking...but I am guessing that is the gas?

Are these normal recovery symptoms after lap? As I said before, I dont tend to react well to surgery and have always had complications and ended back in hospital. Im not sure what 'normal' is!
    Last edited by Patience86; 15-08-2015 at 18:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Patience86 I had a lap on Wednesday and your symptoms do not sound normal. I'm not feeling 100% but I'm feeling ok and had stitches out today. Please call nurse on call or go to ER I think you need to be checked out please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling nausea and having a borderline temp are a concern.
    I don't have either of those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They sent me home with phernegyn for nausea but I haven't needed it except for half a tab as we were leaving the hospital as the endone they gave me made me very itchy. And panadeine forte, which I had two the next day and haven't touched since due to the sorry Tmi 'binding effect'. Did they give you any meds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Jadette...I just dont want to make a big deal about nothing!

I had IV maxalon and ordansatron and wafer zofran for nausea in hospital...did nothing. They didnt give me anything to take home.

I had endone and panadeine forte in hospital but only panadol since discharge (and no panadol since yesterday afternoon)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are not making a big deal out of nothing. Please give nurse on call a ring. They will know what's best.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadette For This Useful Post:

Patience86  (15-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give them a call if your not well, always better to get it checked out. In saying that, the gas pains can be horrible. Mine lasted about a week after my last lap. I also had nausea with the gas pains and not eating made my nausea worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone...I decided to leave it overnight and I do feel a bit better this morning