+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cold n flu during pregnancy remedies

Hi all, I'm needing some cold n flu remedies for pregnancy please?! I'm 16 weeks and have an energetic 18month that I'm running around after.

Currently taking manuka honey and lemon tea. Betadine throat gargle, durotruss cough medicine.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm pretty sure you can also take panadol. It's just awful having a cold or flu when you're pregnant. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Decongestant nasal spray + paracetamol got me through. Panadeine is ok too. Avoid anti-inflammatories and decongestant tablets. Just go ask the Pharmacist.
    You poor thing it sucks being sick at the best of times.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found lemsip really good. But remember it contains paracetamol so account for that if you are taking panadol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was so sick last week and couldn't sleep with a cold so asked my obstetrician and he said phenergan and polarmine are ok. Only at night because they make you very drowsy. I only took phenergan one night and that was enough for me to catch up on some sleep and feel a bit better.
    Apart from that just panadol and you can try inhaling steam with eucalyptus oil, put the eucalyptus oil in a small bowl of warm water and put a ttowel over your head, inhaling the steam will help clear your head.
    I understand how you feel, im 25 weeks with a 2yo as well and being sick has been horrendous!
    Last edited by MillieMollyMandy; 15-08-2015 at 21:04.