+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New Here -- and Broody?

Hello,

I have just joined.

I'm 24 and live in South Australia.

I think I am what's called Broody?? I read that somewhere on a baby forum.

I'm desperate to have a baby. I'm in a committed long term relationship with my OH. We have a house together, and have spent a lot of time doing it up to be ready for a family. My OH is 28, and we first met over 10 years ago.

I don't know how to put it, but I really want a baby. I've always said that by 25 was my time, and there is now 8 months and 3 weeks until I'm 25. I've spoken to my OH about having children, but he wants to wait another 2 years atleast. I feel very upset about it, because we always agreed on my being 25 (him being 29). we have stable jobs, and no debt apart from the mortgage, which is easily manageable on one income - we've already checked.

I guess I'm just looking for people to talk to in similar situations? I live a long way away from my family (6 hours) and honestly have no friends that are closer than 4 hours away.

Sorry if this isn't the right area to discuss.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was in a similar situation I'm 25 and my fiancé is 27 we have been together for 4 years and probably started talking about our future about 2 years ago. We agreed we would reach a certain amount of savings before we would start trying just for security which we now have. It was good at least I knew we had a goal and once we hit the goal I knew we were going to start trying. We've only just recently started trying. Have you talked to him about why he wants to wait?

And welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to bubhub 😊

There's a thread for us Adelaide girls, you're welcome to come and chat to us.

I haven't been in your situation before, but there are other Hubbers who are going through similar things. Have a read through some posts and jump into the conversations

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried to speak to him about why he wants to wait, however he is a man of few words. He has trouble explaining his feelings and reasonings... Yet! give him a logic problem or engineering problem to explain and he's extremely well spoken.

So, I tried to explain it to him from my point of view - how it feels etc... and from that we got a dog. Don't get me wrong, I love the dog! but a dog isn't a baby.

He went to the butchers this morning, and I had a cry whilst he was gone. He came back and was very concerned asking why I was upset. When I told him, he laughed, kissed my head and walked away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, and how do I find the adelaide section/thread? Is there a link? sorry. I haven't had much of an explore yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

When I spoke to my partner about it I said I didn't want put it off for long the more we wait the harder it will be with me getting older and the chances of even falling pregnant straight away are probably low especially because I have PCOS I didn't want to wait for years and then find it difficult to fall pregnant for another year or so after that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't feel like we have had the conversation properly, as he never responds. Maybe if he did talk to me about it properly, I could unserstand his reasoning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me me me!!! I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 30 in 2 weeks. He thinks I am too young. But oh man these last few months have been baby fever to the max. And I just don't know how to bring up the subject to him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SUCCESS! I explained how badly I needed to have this conversation, and through the convo we have decided that I can start trying in April next year :-)

8 months isn't THAT long to wait... is it??? haha