+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help! Potty or no potty!!

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds!

I am planning to start toilet training my DD starting next weekend (she is quickly approaching 3)! I am halfway through reading a book to help me prepare but I am so confused. At our last maternal health appt the nurse told us to not bother with a potty when we started toilet training. Now I am reading this book which says a potty makes the pooping part a lot easier. HELP!!! I know I have a week to get organised but I would like to get it straight in my head asap. Btw we have a training step & seat in one & also a family toilet seat which has a normal size seat & a child seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 1/2 year old is nearly fully potty trained and I have to say I got the potty which he never used but I thought at least he had the option there if he had chosen it anything to make it easier :-) he ended up using the one with a step and the small seat over the toilet , in saying that the potty wasn't a complete waste of money as it was one that is used as a stool as well and he uses it In Bathroom to reach the basin and ect . Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I was wondering whether a cheap one would be a good investment even just to have in the car if we are going on a long drive somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm lucky like that with our boy , once he does his morning poo that's it for the day and being a boy he just pees out the flat if we are traveling lol but being a girl she would probably prefer potty , my friend did that for her little girl , kept potty in the boot of car and a bottle water to rinse it out with when they went traveling :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay great lol will just get a cheap one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear the ikea potty is popular. Good luck. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went straight to the toilet (I reckon pottys are icky! But each to their own!!) The mini-toilet seats are great, wish they were around when my lot TT! All of mine refused to use the trainineg saet, and just perched on the seat like grasshoppers!! We never used a potty when travelling either - just a wee behind a tree...poo issues didnt seem to come up when out and about? Hmmm, guess there was always a public toilet around or kids could hang on until we got home..not sure haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We went straight to toilet too, the thought of cleaning poop out of a potty horrified me lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter prefers the potty. The toilet is just too big and scary for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD started on a potty. Our toilet was not very kid friendly or quickly accessible, or at least that's what I thought, turns out she's not fussed and will use either! There's no harm in having one and just seeing what she prefers