+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Buying a house with existing solar

I'm not having much luck with Google, mainly because I can't condense my question into a few accurate words that are effective enough for Google to use.

My question has to do with tariffs on Solar rebates (in Victoria, if it changes state by state- I don't even know that much!) and if they stay with the house after a sale or if they change when a new occupant moves in.

So we are buying a house with Solar panels and the man who lives there says that he only pays about $40 elec per quarter. It wasn't a deal breaker, but it was a big consideration when we decided to buy the house.

I've just come across someone else on FB asking a similar question to mine, but the answers were so varied I couldn't figure out the correct answer. Basically she said they bought a house with solar where the elderly couple paid no elec. She has received a bill for the first month for around $160 with a solar credit of $9.

So, does this mean that the tariff changes when a new occupant moves in, and because the older rebate of .44c is no longer available new occupiers have to search around for the best deal possible with their electricity providers? Some are saying this is the case, others are saying the tariff should stay with the house.

Has anyone bought a house with solar recently that can shed some light on this please? Sorry if my ramblings have confused you!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thank you, that was very helpful! So we are assuming that the solar panels are about 10 years old so may be on the premium tariff- I hope so because that website says that we can claim it when we move in!