+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first will be 3 when baby #2 arrives and I have spent a lot of money on a double stroller this time! I got the baby jogger city select and can have baby in a capsule and DS in the seat. He is a bit of a runner at times and I think it would be too stressful trying to manage a newborn and keep an eye on him too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 20 month gap between my boys and have a BJCS, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I use it every day. I love it as a single too.
    It does depend on your older child as I know some dislike being in the pram, mine has never had a choice so he knows he needs to sit in it if he is told, which has made life a lot easier!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    19m between 3&4 love my double pram for small trips and shopping I have the Phil n teds dot ( I have little to no boot in the territory so one of the only prams to fit)
    For long walks to the shops and around I have the mountain buggy absolute love it :-)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Double pram. It makes all the difference.

I had the phil and teds verve (4 wheel) with the second seat, that goes on top when you have the newborn in the bassinette and then the seat can go underneath with the littlest can support their head. It was as narrow as a singe pram as i hate side by sides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a Baby Jogger City Mini GT double and I also have a toddler board for my Bugaboo Cameleon. Second baby will be here soon so time will tell which suits us better - I suspect we will use both for different reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due to have my 3rd baby and when bubs arrives I will have a 20 month old and a 4yr old. I am definitely getting a double pram this time as there is no way in hell it would be safe to go out with a newborn and 20 month old on the loose, especially when I also have a 4yr old to keep an eye on.

I didn't get a double pram for my second baby but my son was 2 - almost 3yrs old when bubs 2 came so it was a bigger age gap.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default double stroller, is it worth it? recommended brands? (age gap 19 months betwe...

Oh and I'm getting a bugaboo donkey - they are the best pram for babies of different weights, easiest to push and most comfortable for both kids. I'm buying it of a good friend off a good friend of mine.
    Last edited by Mumsical; 03-09-2015 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll have 21 months between my two and I'm thinking about the city mini gt double!
    I have a compact now that I can add a second seat too but I don't like the idea of one being under the other.
    I also see valco have bought a new one out which I will look at though I wonder about the wheels on those ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    worth it but make sure you get one that is light enough and easy enough for you to lift into the boot of your car. I had a Valco, cant remember the model, and I literally couldn't lift it up and into my boot. It was so heavy and cumbersome. So definitely check it out folded up and make sure you can lift it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I initially liked the look of the Valco Spark Duo and the BJCS but hated the folds - too cumbersome for me. I also found the City Select quite heavy to push. Go in to the shops and try them out if you can 😊