+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default double stroller, is it worth it? recommended brands? (age gap 19 months between kids)

Hi Im sure this has been asked a million times, but we will have a newborn soon and DS will be 19 months by then. Is it worth getting the double stroller? Or will i be ok to carry bub2 in the carrier.

also if you got one which brand do you recommend?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had mainly carried bub in a carrier/sling in the early days and had my single pram for the toddler, but as bub got older I added a foot board and seat to my pram (Bugaboo Cameleon) and made do with that. When the novelty of that wore off, I just bought a second hand tandem pram (with one seat behind the other) for if we were out shopping and they were a little sleepy etc. Like all double prams it was quite cumbersome and a little heavy with both kids in, but it wasn't too bad to manoevure and fit down aisles and in lifts as opposed to a side by side double pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've got a double & to be honest it's my lifesaver! I have a 19 month gap aswell, my DS was too little to walk when DD was a newborn, plus a flight risk! So I felt really stuck until I got the double, I use carrier with bub at times but a lot of the time it was easier to use the double! My DH works away so I needed a way to transport both kids easily with somewhere to hang the nappy bag ect.

I got a Valco snap duo, but would also recommend the valco spark duo, I would have got the spark when DD was a newborn but got my double at about 3 months so got the snap & the capsule adapter :-)

I still use the double more than my single, DD has naps in ergo when we are out. Now we use trolley at shopping centre (DD 10 months now) but quick trips when I'm not getting much I use double pram, definitely my favourite purchase for 2nd bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've also got 19 months between mine and I bought a second hand tandem I candy peach. Ds2 is 7 weeks old and so far has been in pushchair about 20% of the time. Mainly because he has bad colic so has to be carried around all the time. I do intend to use it more as he gets older though. And the second seat is great for putting shopping bags!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by someonesomewhere View Post
    Hi Im sure this has been asked a million times, but we will have a newborn soon and DS will be 19 months by then. Is it worth getting the double stroller? Or will i be ok to carry bub2 in the carrier.

also if you got one which brand do you recommend?

TIA
    Yes!!!!!

I have 19mths between my girls and I used my double pram regularly till they were 2.5&4.5yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Absolutely! I credit my double pram with helping to make my mat leave so much more enjoyable! Long walks to the shops and around the lake would not have been possible with a 2-3 year old, a baby, a single stroller and a carrier.

I love my baby jogger city select because you can easily use it as a double or single.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar age gap for me and I bought the baby jogger city select double pram.

I wouldn't have survived without it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 15 months between my first too and the valco trimode with toddler seat was the best for us..we got it second hand with all the accessories of ebay.
    Now we have twins and use the valco spark duo..side by side pram. .. we love it. .. and depending how many kids either dp and i have when out we alternate prams between the two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had 19 months apart I would definentally get a double stroller.

My sister and I are 19 months apart and I remember going in the double stroller when we were younger. My nanna still has it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will also have a 19 month age gap when my new Bub arrives. I have the I candy peach as I wanted one that easily adapted as either single or double without too much fuss. I'll have a bassinet on the bottom for the new Bub initially and DS on the top. It will also take my car capsule. Eventually we will attach a skateboard but I think it's still worth having the option for two seats for longer walks to the park etc.