+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In six days I'm flying London to Perth with my nearly 18 month old.... ALONE. 😳

I've got a "busy book" that I handmade for him myself, two brand new books, two brand new (small, quiet, basic!) toys, my iPad with some toddler apps and hopefully some episodes of a TV show he likes (I also have kiddy headphones with volume limiter for him, but I don't know if he'll want to wear them), his flashcards, some stickers (just coloured dots, as he simply likes playing with the sticky side), and I have pre-ordered a whole bunch of snacks for him from Boots at Heathrow that I will pick up after security (also going to pick up some Panadol too). I will have dummies and his comforter teddy thing so he will hopefully sleep a bit, and will have a carrier, walking harness, and a change of clothes for him and shirt for me... just in case.

I am also planning on taking him for walks up and down the aisles whenever I can, if there's no food service happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always take one favorite, one new/forgotten item, book, paper/colour in, we have coloured paddle pop sticks that I stuck valcro to the ends and they make things from that if they lose some it's not a big deal.
    I've seen people take bubble wrap and those kooshi balls.
    I read somewhere that sticky tape is great, when I was down with the flu last year I remembered this and gave DS a roll of masking tape, (it's easy to peel off), he was quiet for an hour lol

I would also take panadol I always take fess as well and spray a couple times. Definitely a change of clothes.

Not all people a bothered by kids we had an older Italian lady entertain DD on her first flight she didn't speak a word of english, (and we must have looked stressed, first child,)she sang her beautiful lullabies in Italian it was lovely. Generally flight attendants are great on long haul flights helping with little ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I forgot to reply earlier. Thank you ladies 😀 feeling less stressed, hopefully it lasts. I got him sticker books from Kmart, post it notes, I'm going to wrap a truck and a plane up to amuse him. I'll take plenty of food and the iPad. Hopefully that will be enough.
    I really hope I find some lovely people on the plane who don't mind if he gets annoyed.
    Fingers crossed it goes smoothly lol
    Thank you again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for your flight! We just flew Syd Gold Coast recently- lots of yoghurt pouches, sultanas, cheese sticks, whatever food I could get my hands on. I got a Pez dispensar and saved that til last as a real treat. Sticker books are the best! I didn't let my 2 yr old out of the seat at all- I just know she would have had a tantrum/hissy fit trying to get her back in the seatbelt when required to do so. also the isle was so tight there was no opportunity for walking up the isles as the flight was so short and taken up with the trolleys most of the time, so I had to have enough stuff to keen her interested in her seat. all the best. I am sure it will go well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    All the best for your flight! We just flew Syd Gold Coast recently- lots of yoghurt pouches, sultanas, cheese sticks, whatever food I could get my hands on. I got a Pez dispensar and saved that til last as a real treat. Sticker books are the best! I didn't let my 2 yr old out of the seat at all- I just know she would have had a tantrum/hissy fit trying to get her back in the seatbelt when required to do so. also the isle was so tight there was no opportunity for walking up the isles as the flight was so short and taken up with the trolleys most of the time, so I had to have enough stuff to keen her interested in her seat. all the best. I am sure it will go well!
    Thank you! I was thinking the tantrum I would have to deal with when we have to sit back down would be shocking lol so avoiding the walking at all costs lol.
    I was thinking of taking yoghurt pouches as a last resort treat lol. He gets cranky when he finishes it lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (15-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put various toys in their own small bag. Zip up purse, drawstring bag, what ever small bags you have around the house. One might have a car in it, the other a small figurine. Everytime we needed a new distraction, I would pull out a little bag and a 'surprise' try would be inside. The zippers and buttons also amused him. I hope you know what I mean.
    The other great thing was a small magnate doodle thing. It cost $5 and was the best investment ever, he still uses it when we go out.
    Cheerios are also a good snack, takes forever to eat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and a milk or juice popper for take off or landing if you don't use a dummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Koarlo View Post
    I put various toys in their own small bag. Zip up purse, drawstring bag, what ever small bags you have around the house. One might have a car in it, the other a small figurine. Everytime we needed a new distraction, I would pull out a little bag and a 'surprise' try would be inside. The zippers and buttons also amused him. I hope you know what I mean.
    The other great thing was a small magnate doodle thing. It cost $5 and was the best investment ever, he still uses it when we go out.
    Cheerios are also a good snack, takes forever to eat!
    Thanks! These are great ideas 😀

He has a dummy so I'll use that during landing and take off. I might get a bit of juice as well. Just in case