+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    Wa
    ??

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    make sure you get a Gocard. you can buy one at any 7eleven, or maybe newsagents? . it is for every sort of public transport. the one card for buses trains ferries/city cat. for one day of travel or whatever, you buy eg $10 on the card, and you swipe on and OFF , it gives you your balance, so if you need to top up you can. the money never expires, it just stays on the card. huge savings on trying to buy a paper ticket. I believe it can be used anywhere there is a translink service. have fun. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks Marie. we are only there til Sunday night though, not sure if the go card will be worth our while?

I've been looking at the city hopper ferry route and can hop on at north quay (closest to our hotel) then go up the river for a bit of a look then head back. will prob then head across to goma then maybe grab some lunch (this will all be on my own as dh will essentially be working). will spend the arvo shopping on queen street then check into the hotel around 3pm.

daresay I'll be ready for a nap by then (we have to get up tomo at 4:30am 😖😖😖😖) then will see how I feel. dh has a dinner put on that I'm welcome to attend but I won't know anybody and can't drink so might just lay low and watch movies in the room and get room service 😂

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (14-08-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    if you are not going to be using any public transport then don't bother, but even if you just make one ride on the river cat, you will pay twice as much for the paper ticket. I think there might be a minimum amount you can put on the card?? it is used outside of Brisbane, down to the Gold Coast or north to the Sunshine Coast. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree, check out Southbank, you might even want to bring your bathers and have a bit of a sun bake on streets beach if you're into that. Probably not quite warm enough for a swim, but my kids want to swim every time we go there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I agree, check out Southbank, you might even want to bring your bathers and have a bit of a sun bake on streets beach if you're into that. Probably not quite warm enough for a swim, but my kids want to swim every time we go there.
    there's no chance I'm displaying my pasty, pudgy body in public for all to see 😂

I have a Melbourne tan 😂

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Jump on a City Cat Ferry from Eagle Street Pier and go to Portside and have dinner at the Eat Street Markets, it's a short ferry trip and the service runs till quite late, so enough time to spend at the markets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    there's no chance I'm displaying my pasty, pudgy body in public for all to see ������

I have a Melbourne tan ������
    No need to worry about that, most of the people swimming this time of year are usually Southerners and tourists, (22C at the moment) it's too cold for us wussy Queenslanders!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (14-08-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (14-08-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (14-08-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope Brisbane has treated you well and you found something to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Hope Brisbane has treated you well and you found something to do
    thanks, I appreciate that

had a lovely day just wandering around and took the ferry so got to enjoy some sunshine and fresh air