+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18month old sleep

Who has successfully trained a toddler (mine is 18months old) to go to sleep independently without the need of walking round the bedroom cradling or rocking to sleep????? My son doesn't use a dummy but has a blankie comforter.Need ur advice!

I'm 16weeks pregnant, my lower bak is stuffed to the point where the pain runs down the side of my buttocks, I'm having to rock)walk Mr 18month old to sleep and will wake up once or twice a night to be picked up n put bak to bed. I'm stressing about when new bubs arrives if we dnt get Mr to be able to sleep thru the night and independently. Help!

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou21 View Post
    Who has successfully trained a toddler (mine is 18months old) to go to sleep independently without the need of walking round the bedroom cradling or rocking to sleep????? My son doesn't use a dummy but has a blankie comforter.Need ur advice!

I'm 16weeks pregnant, my lower bak is stuffed to the point where the pain runs down the side of my buttocks, I'm having to rock)walk Mr 18month old to sleep and will wake up once or twice a night to be picked up n put bak to bed. I'm stressing about when new bubs arrives if we dnt get Mr to be able to sleep thru the night and independently. Help!

I stopped nursing both my girls at that age and moved them to their own beds. With dd1 as she was in a bed I lay down next to her to get her to sleep. Dd2 was in a cot and I sat next to her either patting or shushing her to sleep. I gave them both big cuddles sitting down till they were drowsy then popped them in their beds shushing them as they were drifting off. Over time I could just put them into their beds and just hold their hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in a similar position with my 23 month old. I'm 24 weeks pregnant. She wants to be walked around to get to sleep or will lay down with me if I give one minute of boob then pop in the dummy and she sticks her hand in my hair (her comfort thing). I'm trying to wean but not got there totally yet. It worries me a lot too because she only wants me at bedtime and during the night. She wakes once or twice and comes into my bed. If DH tries to settle her she screams bloody murder. Gets very distressed. How can I do that plus a newborn?!!

I would just try to lay down with him and cuddle/pat to sleep. Hopefully he'll accept it pretty quickly!! Do you have a partner there to help too? So if he insists on being walked around, DP can have a go? Assuming your DS will accept that unlike my daughter! I think I'm going to end up co sleeping with 2 kids! At least my 4 year old sleeps independently, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha same situation here where DS only wants mum in the middle of the night (sigh)
    He used to be a great sleeper and would settle to sleep by himself until we hit the 8month regression and I could not get him bak to old habits