+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who to study with

I would prefer to study online but not sure which places I should avoid is there a way to look up who the legit ones? I am thinking about signing up with open collages.
    If it helps i am wanting to study either hr or just do something in the travel/tourism industry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing. I am in the same boat as you, only I'm looking at aged care, pca or integration aide. So tough to decide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done a fair bit of research on online courses and from what I can gather, as long as the course code matches up, it's legit. There's a government website (name escapes me) that you can type in the course you want and it lists the providers who offer it.

Reputation and industry perception is another matter altogether.

ETA: the website is training.gov.au (no www at the start)
    Last edited by Moxy; 13-08-2015 at 19:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could you contact any industry bodies that could provide you with some legitimate course operators? Maybe have a look at some HR people on Linked In who have good roles in reputable companies and see where they studied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Could you contact any industry bodies that could provide you with some legitimate course operators? Maybe have a look at some HR people on Linked In who have good roles in reputable companies and see where they studied.
    Is linked in really the new thing? I'm so old fashioned I don't want share my things with people what happened to face face

Thanks
    Reviews
    im studying full time via flexidelivery with tafe but not sure if thats any help with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Is linked in really the new thing? I'm so old fashioned I don't want share my things with people what happened to face face
    It really depends on your industry, I come from a marketing/communications/digital industry so yes, everyone is on it. It's the professional version of Facebook. It's a good networking tool if you use it properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing - i've looked at Seek online training, but because i'm Kiwi i'm not eligible for ausstudy help so I have to save to do my Diploma and start working towards MBA