+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Safe n Sound - is length of tether strap on Platinum car seat ok for Subaru Forester?

Looking for a convertible car seat and the winner is currently the Safe-n-Sounds Platinum SICT. I've noticed a few reviews suggesting that the straps is not long enough for a 4WD. We have a Subaru Forester and while not technically a large 4WD, I thought I'd check in to see if anyone has one set up (without the need for an extension strap?).

Fingers crossed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where are the anchor points on the car? If they are on the back of the seats they should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, I have a 2015 forester & the SNS platinum SICT is in there rear facing without an extension. I needed an extender in my x-trail, but the forester anchor point is in the back of the seat so a much shorter distance.
    Just FYI I have an average sized 14 month DD who is still rear facing, she is nowhere near the height marker to go forward facing yet - a little bit annoying for me cos she hates being rear facing now she's bigger. I do realize rear facing is safer, but it wasn't something I considered when buying the seat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Safe n Sound - is length of tether strap on Platinum car seat ok for Subaru F...

Hi there, we have a the 2010 model and yes to have the seat in rear facing we needed an extension strap. In forward facing it should be fine. Our anchor point are on the roof.

If they are on the back of the seat you should be fine. It really only didn't fit by about 10 cm.
    Also our car seat is a safe and sound compact but I imagine all Safe and sound seats have the same length strap.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Thanks to everyone for their help. That's exactly what I needed to know. This is the first time I've reached out to this forum - great to know lots of advice is on hand so quickly!