Closed Thread
Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #16

Looks good to me @Krysta74 ! I'd say your other tests may have been a combination of you having extra fluid & he tests themselves being lighter (as even the test line looked lighter). Good luck tomorrow with your BT results. At least you can sleep better tonight 😊

@leyshoja that's ****e about your card. Try not to let it stress you out too much, we all know that's not good for the ivf process, and goodness knows there will be plenty of other things to worry about, as we all do. Hopefully your bank will have a suggestion. When my daughter went OS for a school trip, we got her a Visa travel card. You do have to load it with cash, but may be a good back up in case the other card doesn't work, and it's better than carrying a lot of cash. You can even use BPay to top them up online.
    AFM I've got my scan tomorrow, so no sleep for me tonight I'd say. Just hoping to see a little heartbeat this time. I'm definitely feeling pregnant, loads of heartburn & my BBs are always tender. Just can't shake the thought of what happened last time 😐
    Last edited by Petal40; 13-09-2015 at 17:22.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-09-2015),Blossom74  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Petal, wishing you all the very best for your scan tomorrow love.

Completely normal to be anxious, especially in light of past events.

Have a nice warm shower, a cup of milo, and head to bed early. Rest is still good, even if you're not actually asleep.

Sending positive vibes your way

Can't wait to hear the good news!

Krysta

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-09-2015),Petal40  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Petal40 Good Luck with your scan tomorrow Luv!!!

and sending prayers that you're far enough along now to see a HB

It's going to be a long night for you and @Krysta74...C'mon tomorrow!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (14-09-2015),Petal40  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

Thought I would just put my 5 worth in about the credit card fraud issue as I used to work in one of the Big 4 banks with their fraud team.

Firstly, we have enough to worry about in this TTC business, don't worry about CC fraud. You are not liable for any fraud that occurs as long as you didn't contribute to it (ie knew your card was lost/missing but didn't tell the bank, or put your pin with it in your wallet, or gave it to someone else to use, etc.).

Every credit card number is unique but having said that it is simply an algorithm (a formula of numbers) and valid numbers are freely available for purchase on the www - that is how the bad guys get them. Of course there are some dodgy operators (some petrol stations & restaurants in particular and countries like Eastern Europe as a whole !) that do a second swipe of the card when you hand it over for payment and that 2nd swipe stores all the Magnetic stripe info so the bad guys can create a duplicate card but you will have noticed the introduction of chips in cards now - that is exactly to render the mag stripe irrelevant. Australia is one of the leading countries for using chips.

Someone mentioned being worried about giving your credit card number to CFC etc via mail - that is fine, don't worry about it. In fact it is the person processing the transaction for a payment (ie CFC) that is taking the risk not you, as if you say the transaction was not valid they have to prove that you gave them authority to do a MOTO (Mail Order Telephone Order) transaction rather than one in person where you could sign/PIN your authorisation. The onus is on the merchant when a card holder raises a dispute not the other way around. If of course the merchant provides a signed letter, slip or authorisation form from the card holder, that is a different matter and further investigation has to happen.

SO, all of that just means that the 2 things you need to do to protect your credit card as best as you can (because there is nothing more annoying than having to have a new card issued with new numbers and changing your direct debits etc !!!) is (1) very regularly check the transactions processed on your card and make sure you know what each and every one is and (2) as Leyshoja said - tell your bank when you are going OS - it sounds weird but just give them a call and they will make a record of it. This will then go into the formula's they use to monitor your usual transactions (location, type, average value, online/in person/direct debit/etc) and they will be on to any dodgy ones very very quickly.

I hope I have given you a bit of confidence about the whole CC issue (though maybe I have just sprouted on and confused everyone ????) as we definitely don't need more stuff to worry about !

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-09-2015),Blossom74  (14-09-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-09-2015),emski72  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Cathy69 Thank-you for the insight Luv😊

It's crystal clear to me...you've explained it excellently!!😊👍

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (14-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Krysta74 those lines look strong to me. Good luck with the BT tomorrow.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-09-2015),Blossom74  (14-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I slept like the dead from 8.30pm to 4.30am.

Now I'm up eating vegemite toast. No more sleep for me apparently!

Still, I'm feeling good and positive about the coming day.

@Petal, good luck love! I'll be thinking of you today.

Krysta

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-09-2015),Petal40  (14-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta74 View Post
    So I slept like the dead from 8.30pm to 4.30am.

Now I'm up eating vegemite toast. No more sleep for me apparently!

Still, I'm feeling good and positive about the coming day.

@Petal, good luck love! I'll be thinking of you today.

Krysta
    Thanks lovely. You too!! Hopefully a good day for us both ☺️

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-09-2015),Blossom74  (14-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Krysta74 @Petal40 Good Luck today Girls!!!!😊

Fingers crossed/Babydust & prayers being sent both your way!!!😊

Will be stalking the thread for your updates!!!😁xoxo

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (14-09-2015),Petal40  (14-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck today @Petal40 and @Krysta74 - these are exciting yet stressful times !
    And thanks very much @Cathy69 that all makes perfect sense. I'm actually just counting myself VERY lucky that they got that one of my credit cards and not the other. That one happened to be my 'spare' but my other is used for EVERYTHING and would have been a pain in the freckle to change all that stuff.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-09-2015),Blossom74  (14-09-2015),Petal40  (14-09-2015)