Closed Thread
Page 73 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got another week to wait until scan, but starting to stress. Have had the tiniest amount of old blood mixed with crinone (I guess that's what it is that makes it change colour) & my bbs just aren't as tender yesterday or today. I think because this is the time the baby stopped growing with my mc that I'm going into panic mode. Is it normal for symptoms to drop off? Thought I had some all day morning sickness yesterday, but may have just been feeling generally unwell 😞

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, and happy birthday week BiB, the cake looked great, and so did the booty 😉

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good morning ladies
    @Petal40, not that I know much about these things but ... I have read that just as we can try to talk ourselves into seeing symptoms when none exist, so too can we fail to see/feel them when we most want to be able to do so. Fingers crossed that everything is just fine for you love, and you're simply having a 'good day' symptom wise.

The bleeding, well, all my books say (yes, ALL of them!) that it is very common to experience light bleeding at various times throughout pregnancy. It is equally as common to have none at all. Ah, such a lack of commitment, lol. I would think that as long as it is not heavy or involving cramps it is most likely normal. Perhaps to ease your mind you could call your Doctor and discuss it?

I can understand that it must be an anxious time for you, especially in light of your previous experience. The only advice that i can think of which may be appropriate is to try and remain calm, and to take care of yourself. Ultimately I am confident that both of those things will give you the best possible outcome. Hugs to you love

Me? I am now officially 5 days post my 5 day hatching embryo transfer on 03/09 and....nothing. Not a single twinge, symptom, pain, or discharge. I feel completely normal, and not what I imagine 'pregnant' to feel like. And I read so many things about "Oh, I knew straight away, my boobs were on fire and I vomited up my breakfast on day 2!" and I've got sweet F.A. going on here

I am feeling quite discouraged that our attempt has not worked again. So much is riding on it (as it does for us all, I know) and we are not sure that we will have enough money to try again if it should fail. I am at the stage now where I am thinking I might have to try and borrow money from family - which means actually telling someone what we have been trying to do for the past 8 months. Even then, it's a long shot.

All I would love is one tiny sign. Anything would be fine. Just a little something to give me hope.

A question: My BT is scheduled for 14/09, with results due to me by 15/09 - when I'm at work. I have absolutely no intention of receiving any anticipated bad news from the clinic while I'm working, so my preference is to test at home before hand so as to minimise my reaction. Plus, the selfish part of me thinks "Why should you be the first to know? This is between me and my Husband."

So, how soon can i test, bearing in mind I had an Ovidrel trigger shot on 27/08?

Krysta

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-09-2015),Charlie74  (08-09-2015),Petal40  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Petal40 It's completely normal for most women to have symptoms that come and go Luv

I think it's totally understandable that you're feeling extra anxious at this point in time due to the MC The old blood mixed with the Crinone is most likely from the Crinone irritating your cervix or your emby snuggling in a bit more. You know what the danger signs are Luv though it sounds like everything's on track to me

Go and get another BT Luv if you think it will help ease your mind and get you through until your next scanxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 08-09-2015 at 09:16.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Krysta74 Luv....at 10dpo (10 days post ovulation or 5dpt5dt) the lack of symptoms mean Jack Shiz!!! It most certainly doesn't mean that you're out for this Cycle either!!

You're really not expected to feel anything at this point and if you do, it would most likely only be cramping anyway. The majority of women don't have any symptoms whatsoever at this very early stage. HCG would only just be starting to enter your system, meaning it would take another few days before you were to feel the effects from it if you were even going to as such a small amount in your system in the beginning may not affect you at all!!

If it did that's when you might experience slightly sore breasts or start urinating a little more frequently etc, but the symptoms are often so vague and mild that they could be mistaken for bloody PMS anyway!!! Those women who say they got sick straight away etc are full of shiz IMO. The "make no mistake I'm definitely Preggo" symptoms usually don't start until the 5th week at the absolute earliest, but more often between 6-8 weeks.

There are more stories of women who had no bloody idea (me included) then there are of those who knew regardless of whether it was a natural conception or some kind of ART conception. Don't rule yourself out just yet Luv ok??

As for testing....You *could* test in another 2 days when you are 7dpt5dt (12dpo) as *some* women will be able to see a BFP then. Usually the line would only be very faint at that point which is completely normal too btw. But a line is still a line

If you waited until the following day at 8dpt5dt (13dpo) or any day after that, you'd definitely get a more reliable result IMO. So, you could start testing from Thurs onwards with the most reliable results being anytime from Fri over the weekend

Am keeping everything , channelling and sending prayers the Universe's way for 2 lovely lines staring right back at you when you get around to testing!!!

P.S.....Is one of the lower cost clinics an option for you to go to Luv?? Yes, this shiz is expensive allright!!!

ETA- Testing with FMU (first morning urine) is *usually* the best way, though there is a small proportion of women who get better results when they test in the afternoon/evening. Not entirely sure why, but most likely how their bodies metabolise the HCG.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 08-09-2015 at 09:15.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (08-09-2015),midnite01  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Krysta

I know what you mean about not wanting results while at work. I always did a HPT on the morning of the blood test so that I had the best idea possible as to the outcome of the bloods - and the results always matched at that stage.

Re symptoms - STOP LOOKING ! I know it is outrageously hard but you will drive yourself crazy. I have had 3 BFP's in my life (so, no expert) but not one had any symptoms, but I have a friend who says she knew hours after naturally conceiving . First time I had anything was slightly tender breasts and a touch of nausea at 5.5weeks and both escalated quickly from there (which fits with the majority of medical info that says there isn't enough HCG in the body until 5-6w to generate noticable symptoms). I am almost 18w now and at least with me, now that I am past the Morning sickness and sore breast stage, there is absolutely no such thing for me as 'feeling pregnant' - I look at my stomach and keep thinking I need to stop eating as I am getting too fat ! Then of course I have a scan and there is the proof (of babies not fat, well some fat ) but there has been absolutely nothing else. for me, that screams 'pregnancy'.

Sorry, I know what it is like wanting to find a symptom that screams 'yes it worked' but I think you just cause yourself (well it caused me ...) too much stress in a situation where there is never going to be any proof until HCG is measureable so step away from Dr Google and the books and do something constructive - clean out a cupboard in prep for a baby, go for a walk, etc.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-09-2015),Blossom74  (08-09-2015),midnite01  (08-09-2015),winsor  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIB - Snap ! And glad to see we are of the same opinion !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Krysta74 Oh...and make sure you use a FRER test too (First Response Early Response in****** test, not the dipstick tests) as they're the best for picking up even the smallest amounts of HCG.

It's in the "IVF Girl's Bible" under "HPT's...Everything you need to know about getting your BFFP asap!!"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (08-09-2015),midnite01  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks girls,

I am sitting here in floods of tears at the moment. You lift me up, you really do, but I am still having a bit of a pity-party and crying my eyes out.

I know I'm being silly. I just remember the absolute disappointment from last time, and knowing that I felt nothing then either it's just bringing it all home.

This whole thing is so bloody hard. Stupid husband, why did he have to go and get a vasectomy all those years ago? I so wish we were just a 'normal couple' who could try for a baby, and if it doesn't work we could just 'try again next month.'

Instead, I'm this emotional wreck of a woman, crying in front of her computer, desperately hoping for signs, and not wanting her husband to come anywhere near her.

Sorry girls, I don't know what's wrong with me. I am not normally a crier. Under regular circumstances I actually cope quite well with pressure, but today for some reason is a hard day.

I should not be so selfish. I know there are others of you who have been doing this journey for much longer than I, and who have faced many more disappointments. My sincere apologies.

Maybe a walk is a good idea. To clear my head a little.

Re: Clinics - I'm not sure what is classed as 'low cost' and what is classed as 'high cost.' Maybe I'm already at a low cost clinic? Each stimulated cycle we do is roughly $3K OOP after Medicare Rebate. I reckon all up, a full cycle including everything (sperm extraction, hospital fees, anaesthetist etc) would probably cost us in the vicinity of $6K out of pocket, and to transfer a subsequent frozen emby back in, maybe around $1.8K?

Krysta

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-09-2015),Charlie74  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Krysta74 Usually if you Google "Low cost IVF clinics Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane (wherever you are)" they'll come up and you can see if you're already at one, though it doesn't sound like it to me from what you're posted.

When I was Cycling, it was costing us $5k out of pocket every time too as we couldn't go to a low cost clinic due to DP having to have a TESA procedure. At the time, they wouldn't even accept working with the frozen TESA'd sperm we did have on ice!! Not sure if the rules have changed now. We also didn't have PHI that covered IVF etc

You're not selfish Luv and this whole thing is so frucking hard in every way imaginable. It literally will bring you to your knee's at times Yes, it would be so much easier if we could just try naturally every month like "normal" couples do and knowing that you can't makes you feel angry, frustrated, resentful and a little bit bitter too at times...it did for me. In the beginning, I actually felt a bit resentful and angry toward my DP that we even had to go down this road in the first place!! Not that it was his "fault' that he has a blockage but a tiny, little part of me did feel like he was to blame which was totally unfair and irrational, but it was how I felt initially (though I never told him) precisely because I was an emotional wreck!!!

Knowing that the only way you can conceive a child is to do IVF and then have to pay a fruck load of $ just for the chance to try in any given month is really bloody hard to take and only women who have to go down this path can understand the pressure you feel with all your hopes and dreams hanging in the balance waiting for the 2WTorture to end with a positive pregnancy/blood test. They don't know what it's like to always be on "undies alert" feeling scared every time you go to the loo because you don't want to see signs of AF because that will mean the Cycle's failed.

They don't know what it's like to obsess over every "ping & pang" in the 2WTorture or how you'd give your right arm to see just one solid sign so you'd know that it had worked and you could stop feeling the never ending anxiety etc and get the hell off the emotional rollercoaster that you're on that never seems to end.

They don't understand the panic that comes with imagining how the hell you're going to get the $ together to try again because if you don't, well that's the end of that and you're not ready to give up on your dream yet!! They don't understand the physical flogging our bodies take doing Cycle after Cycle after Cycle...what the drugs do and how they make us feel etc.

They don't understand the emotional agony we feel and how we cry our guts out when a Cycle fails..how it hurts so badly sometimes you can physically feel your heart breaking. It's literally gutwrenching

No Luv...they can't understand. But we do and we're all here for you

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (08-09-2015),Petal40  (08-09-2015),skye76  (08-09-2015),winsor  (08-09-2015)