Closed Thread
Page 61 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Krysta74 yep you need some sort of progesterone support after transfer. I know one clinic I used to go to didn't believe in it for FET.

As you are transferring today, I would ask for pregnyl, it's not progesterone. But will fool your body into thinking you are pregnant (by producing hcg) so then your body will produce its own progesterone.

The only down side is you can't poas as it will give you a false positive. I took it the day before transfer, 3 and 6 days post so I reckon you could take one today then follow that, but ask the nurses.

Otherwise they can give you crinone or pessaries. They will still up your progesterone, it will just take a cpl of days to build up. But ladies who have upped their dose in pregnancy see results quickly so there is no reason why you can't start now.

Pessaries/pregnyl/crinone won't interact badly with the clexane and steroids. I am on high dose steroids and clexane as well as others and I'm fine.

Good luck xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-09-2015),midnite01  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Krysta74 Good Luck today Luv!!!😊

As the other Girls have said...some kind of Progesterone support for after your transfer is best Luv whether that be in the form of Crinone gel, Progesterone pesseries or the Pregnyl injections.

As @Chiefsgirl said..if you take the Pregnyl injections you won't be able to POAS (pee on a stick=home pregnancy test) until maybe the day before or day of your blood test as it takes a while for the HCG that's in the injections to clear your system (up to 7 days). You won't have that problem with the Crinone/pesseries.

I took Prednisone/Clexane injections as well for my last 2 Cycles as a precaution for Immune Issues. Sounds as though something's been picked up on your BT's so am glad your FS is onto it & is medicating you accordingly. It won't interact with any progesterone support as Chiefsgirl said.

Am keeping everything crossed for you Luv & sending loads of Babydust your way!!!😊xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Good luck for transfer today @keysta74
    @skye76 wow you are strong, I caved early with the poas! Good luck tmw. I didn't have any symptoms, so that doesn't mean anything!
    Previously I've caved early, but the last time I did that I was getting BFP right up until the day of my bt (I wasn't aware that the Pregnyl stayed in your system & was the cause of my BFP POAS tests) I was so excited to see those 2 lines as I've never experienced that before then I had my bt & it was negative. I was devastated & I felt like an idiot (only my dh knew about the BFP POAS he was also excited) but I still felt like an idiot for getting my hopes up....

This morning I POAS as my bt is tomorrow & there is a squinter second line but I know that it's from the Pregnyl as I'm sure the line would have been nice & dark as I'm 10dp 5dt. Not looking good @ this stage. I'll POAS before my bt tomorrow but I'm 100% there will be no BFP for me again this month
    Last edited by skye76; 03-09-2015 at 08:17.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skye76 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @skye76 Oh frucking Boo!!! for the stupid squinter Luv!!😦

Yes....that bloody Pregnyl gets your hopes up allright if you don't know that it takes quite a number of days to leave your system. I totally understand why you don't want a repeat performance!!! Bloody cruel to have your hopes crushed like that😦

I'm going to hope & pray that the line is darker tomorrow morn for you Luv but understand where you're coming fromxo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

skye76  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta @leyshoja @BlondeinBrisvegas @Chiefsgirl for your help on the Medicare fraud issue. Wow Chiefsgirl your info is compelling! In that case I'll make full use of my Medicare card & HCC. I still feel like I'm going to get caught out though!
    A few meds I only pay $6 for with my HCC & the woman I spoke to in LB's office said I needed to pay full price. I'm collecting all my scripts today so I'll see how I get on when I go to pay for them at Slades. Thanks again girls!
    Once coming off the OCP how many days did it take for you to get your AF? I was only on it for 6 nights.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Around 3-4 days for me @Tahli😊

Sometimes with a private script you can pay more but with a HCC I wouldn't think so or else it might only be a few $ more than the normal $6..whatever it is per script😊

Let us know how you get on Luv!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tahli make use of medicare card and hcc. Its irrelevant whether the meds are for use in australia or overseas.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

A super quick catch up to let you know that my transfer went well. I asked my Dr about the luteal phase support and he said no, it's not for me as I ovulate naturally and my test cycles do not indicate that I need any support. I guess I have to go along with that...

So now for a 2WW. Sigh!

Krysta

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-09-2015),Chiefsgirl  (03-09-2015),midnite01  (03-09-2015),Petal40  (03-09-2015),skye76  (03-09-2015),winsor  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Krysta glad the transfer went well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fraud my fruckin a@se *pardon the french), (not sure if this has been posted or if I'm allowed to post this, if I'm not can someone please let me know & I'll remove asap)

http://www.afr.com/business/health/t...0150827-gj9a7i

Also, link below regarding proposed changes to the Medicare Safety net

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/...-1227493764989
    Last edited by skye76; 05-09-2015 at 09:44.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to skye76 For This Useful Post: