Closed Thread
Page 59 of 125 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How would it be fraud? You are an Australian resident, eligible for Medicare, you are using the drugs while here, overseas and when you return. The only way it could be fraud is if you were in supplying the drugs to someone else.

And it can't be fraud when last year we were able to claim our overseas cycle costs in our medical out of pocket costs for income tax. If it was fraud to claim Medicare it would be fraud to do that, and my accountant assured me it was legal to claim those costs. (The only reason you can't claim this financial year is they have changed the rules and no medical oop are claimable).

That is shocking fear mongering!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-09-2015),skye76  (02-09-2015),Tahli  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli Sounds like whomever you spoke to doesn't know shiz from clay about it😁
    @skye76 How are you going Luv??? 😊

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (02-09-2015),skye76  (02-09-2015),Tahli  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skye76 View Post
    @Petal40 great news
    Thanks ☺️ How are you going? BT Friday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I've just rung chemist warehouse for a price on clexane and its around $50 for 10. Is that about right ? I thought it was much cheaper here than in CT? I'm sure I paid around $8 for 1 in CT...
    I've always paid $37.70 from Chemist Warehouse for 2xboxes of 10 (40mg/0.4ml). I just had a look @ the label on the box & the Full Cost is: $103.55 without a prescription, but as I had a prescription the cost is $37.70

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skye76 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BIB & @Petal40 - I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I still have this dreaded virus that I've had since the day after my transfer & I'm now on my second course of antibiotics, as I've also got a really bad chest infection. Because I've been so sick I haven't been stressing out 24/7 like I normally do during the 2ww, but I also haven't had the same symptoms like all my previous cycles (I've only had very minimal twinges, no sore boobs etc & for the last few days it feels like AF is about to arrive).

My bt is this Friday, I was tempted to take a hpt this morning but I think the Pegnyl will still be in my system (as I had my last pregnyl 1500 ml injection on Friday 28/8/15). I do have 2 FRER's left from my last cycle, hence I might take 1 in the morning then on Friday morning before my b/t.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skye76 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015),Petal40  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skye all the best. This cycle I also had virtually no symptoms no cramping boobs sore a bit now maybe cause im on pecess not crinone

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015),skye76  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind me barging into your lovely little group here. I'm fairly new to The Bub Hub, and posted an Introductory Post a few days ago, from which the lovely BIB referred me to you and said you would make me feel welcome!

You are all so familiar with each other and know each other so well, I do hope my presence is not an intrusion. I notice you all seem to talk a whole other language to what I know too, so please forgive me if it takes me a while to catch up with all the acronymns!

I have posted my basic story twice now - the first in my introductory post and the second just under the general IVF board today, so please feel free to read up on my IVF journey over the last 7 months. Not that there is much to tell, but in summary: I am able to ovulate, but my hubby had a vasectomy many years ago during his previous relationship (hence we're here, doing this IVF gig.) My first stimulated cycle produced one solitary egg which was not able to be fertilised. I feel my 20+ years on the pill may have held my ovulation performance back a little.

My second stimulated cycle produced 3 follicles, two of which were fertilised. One went in fresh (but it was not the best quality) and failed to stick. My second frozen emby is a Grade A 'Hatching' one, and is being transferred in TOMORROW!

Oh. And apparently, I'm old. For having babies, that is. This was a shock to me. At 41 I certainly don't feel old but there you go.

I'm a tad nervous about tomorrow, as you can imagine. We have no more embryos in the bank after tomorrow and whilst we have just enough money to do one more cycle, that's it. We'll be broke afterwards, for what I'm told is a 5-10% success rate at my age. Sigh. It's tough, isn't it.

My mother conceived naturally at 45. I am hoping to follow in her footsteps!

So tomorrow I have to travel for 4 hours to get to my hospital appointment, after which i will spend a delightful night at a nice hotel and rest up. I'll be taking my laptop with me so I am hoping i can catch up with you all then.

I am looking forward to taking The Next Step with you all.

Krysta.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015),Chiefsgirl  (02-09-2015),skye76  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta74 View Post
    Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind me barging into your lovely little group here. I'm fairly new to The Bub Hub, and posted an Introductory Post a few days ago, from which the lovely BIB referred me to you and said you would make me feel welcome!

You are all so familiar with each other and know each other so well, I do hope my presence is not an intrusion. I notice you all seem to talk a whole other language to what I know too, so please forgive me if it takes me a while to catch up with all the acronymns!

I have posted my basic story twice now - the first in my introductory post and the second just under the general IVF board today, so please feel free to read up on my IVF journey over the last 7 months. Not that there is much to tell, but in summary: I am able to ovulate, but my hubby had a vasectomy many years ago during his previous relationship (hence we're here, doing this IVF gig.) My first stimulated cycle produced one solitary egg which was not able to be fertilised. I feel my 20+ years on the pill may have held my ovulation performance back a little.

My second stimulated cycle produced 3 follicles, two of which were fertilised. One went in fresh (but it was not the best quality) and failed to stick. My second frozen emby is a Grade A 'Hatching' one, and is being transferred in TOMORROW!

Oh. And apparently, I'm old. For having babies, that is. This was a shock to me. At 41 I certainly don't feel old but there you go.

I'm a tad nervous about tomorrow, as you can imagine. We have no more embryos in the bank after tomorrow and whilst we have just enough money to do one more cycle, that's it. We'll be broke afterwards, for what I'm told is a 5-10% success rate at my age. Sigh. It's tough, isn't it.

My mother conceived naturally at 45. I am hoping to follow in her footsteps!

So tomorrow I have to travel for 4 hours to get to my hospital appointment, after which i will spend a delightful night at a nice hotel and rest up. I'll be taking my laptop with me so I am hoping i can catch up with you all then.

I am looking forward to taking The Next Step with you all.

Krysta.
    Hi @Krysta74 and please feel welcome. Yep we poor old over 40's are soooooo past it. I can't believe it's this hard either. Good luck for tomorrow!. A guy I work with went with one of those low cost clinics and his wife just had a baby. I think they were only around $1300 out of pocket for a full stim cycle but I recall they had to wait around six months to get their first appt. and who has that time when you're over 40 yep, it's broken most of our bank accounts. I for one am sick of being broke so my next FET in 3 weeks time better be the last one. Welcome to the club 😁

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps a grade A hatching embie is fantastic and you should have a great chance with that one !

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015),midnite01  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Krysta

The fact you have grade A hatching embryo is great - that's hard to get at any age never mind at 41.

Best of luck for tomorrow - I'm told you should try and be relaxed for your transfer ( not that I've done one as I didn't get that far on my first cycle). I'm sure more experienced ladies will be able to give some tips.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-09-2015)