Closed Thread
Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    8 years later thankfully so

Are you using different vitamins? Sometimes new combos have caused similar for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Not any more though @SpotTheOcelot - you got there in the end

Found the source of my 'metallic taste'. Even my cup of tea tasted bad so in desperation I had a good thorough brush right down the back of my tongue and a really strong metallic bitter taste was then all through the toothpaste that I spat out. I wonder what's causing that back there? Ah well, short term pain I suppose...
    Are your gums bleeding?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Could be the extra fish oil, I can taste that stuff all day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #16

I started synarel today and had the taste yesterday so it's not that. The only thing that's changed in the last couple of weeks are the aspirin, prednisolone and extra fish oil. It doesn't taste fishy tho, tastes bitter like the prednisolone. No bleeding.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Webified did you do any testing on the embryo's to see if they are normal?

If so, and you don't want the risk of twins, I would put back one.

But if you haven't done any testing in the embryo's, and are comfortable about having twins, I would def put back two.

It will also depend on how old you were when the eggs were collected. Were you a lot younger? That will affect whether your embryo's cod both be normal.

To put it in context, I just did a transfer with donor eggs from a 26 year old. We didn't test the embryo's as our donor was so young. We put back two great looking embryo's, both took, but only one is going still at 7weeks. If we had only put back one, we would have run the risk that it would be one that wouldn't take, or take, but then stop growing and it would have been all for nothing.

We don't have any children yet though, so twins was not a problem for us.
    Hi all, the other day I posted my first question regarding using two embryos. I didn't realise it was such a fast moving thread. Thanks for all your answers everyone. I read them all carefully and you have helped us to decide to put back the last two together. The embryos were taken when I was 40 and haven't been tested (I didn't know that they could be). We will be lucky if one sticks but Im trying to stay hopeful.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Webified For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-08-2015),JulieMalooley  (29-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another question, we were considering doing one more ivf cycle but my partner is concerned about how expensive it is and we cant really afford it. Ive met two couples who have gone overseas to have one ivf cycle, put in two embryos fresh, frozen the rest as blastycysts (Im assuming they brought them back but I didn't ask). One went to India and the other Hawaii. Has anyone else heard of this and do you think its safe enough? If so, where would you suggest is the best place to go to have cheaper IVF that is still safe?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Webified For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Webified did they do donor or own egg? Im pretty sure uou cant bring back donor eggs into australia as often the donors are anonymous. I would choose hawaii over india anyday!!! If looking at donor eggs then capetown is a good choice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    @Webified did they do donor or own egg? Im pretty sure uou cant bring back donor eggs into australia as often the donors are anonymous. I would choose hawaii over india anyday!!! If looking at donor eggs then capetown is a good choice.
    I thought of capetown but was worried about the crime rate. I knew someone who lived there and warned me it wasn't safe for tourists. Im thinking of using my own eggs too. To be honest I really don't know if Im brave enough to go to a foreign country for medical treatment but Im told its very good quality medicine and a lot cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with ivf overseas?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Webified For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Webified I did donor egg in Hawaii and can tell you that the ivf side of it wasn't cheaper in any way. The ivf cycle was about usd$20,000

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of us do here and quite a few lovely ladies have been to capetown.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post: