Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Corbes I am so sorry, sending you lots of hugs xxxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Charlie74 That's pretty poor form on their part Luv not even knowing the chain of command so to speak...I'd be frucked off too!!!

Hoping you hear something today (3 weeks?? What's the hold up FFS's??) & that it's good news 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 I know I'm with a different clinic but I've been told 3 to 4 weeks to wait for results. Waiting on that one embie must be absolutely agonising Really hope you hear something in the next day or so.

I've already started my FET drugs so I hope I don't have to wait over 4 weeks or I'll miss the window.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-08-2015),Charlie74  (28-08-2015),JulieMalooley  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Corbes im truly sorry. This journey sux. Ive been there and its painful. Hugs to you and dh xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 that wait must be killing you !!! At the end of it they better give you some good news FFS.
    AFM, I asked CFC if I should go on clexane (in addition to aspirin, prednisone and I let them know I was on a lot of fish oil) and they say 'sure you can start it from Sep 2nd'. Um, that's Wednesday. My FS would not prescribe it as he said with the aspirin and fish oil if I also added clexane then cut myself badly I'd be in trouble Makes me wonder about the benefits if they are not even telling me I should be on it, but just agreeing I can go on it because I asked? I actually thought they would suggest I could start it when I get to CT as I could pick it up when I go for my intralipids 3 days pre-transfer.
    They are also suggesting I only need one more intralipid infusion 4-5 weeks after a BFP.
    Comments or suggestions anyone ?
    What to do about the clexane?
    Is that enough intralipids ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

First time posting on bub Hub. I am 42 and have just done first cycle of IVF with PGD. Although I had 17 mature eggs retrieved only 7 made it to day 3 and then only 2 left at day 5 which didn't hatch til day 6. One was frozen on day 6 untested and the other was PGD tested - came back abnormal on Wed. So I'm back to the drawing board but can't do another cycle until Oct as Dr is away.
    @Charlie74 - sorry to say my results were 6 days late. Monash as well. I had to ring 3 times before someone actually called Melbourne lab to find out the reason for the delay. It was a ' delay in the run' down there. Hopefully you weren't in the same run as me ( my egg pick up was 23 July with biopsy 6 days later). My advice is keep ringing them until someone can give you some information on what's happening.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady welcome! Sorry to hear about your tested embryo being abnormal Such great numbers you got at EPU that should give you hope although I know it hasn't resulted in a BFP yet. You never know that untested embryo could be a good one. My BFP was a very early blastocyst that I doubt would have made it to be tested if we'd been doing PGD at that stage.
    So will you do another stim cycle and keep your frostie as back up? Or go into an FET? So much waiting but October isn't too far away.
    Last edited by Bongley; 28-08-2015 at 08:42.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Green lady and how dare your doctor go on holidays ! What are your immediate plans when he/she is back ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Bongley @leyshoja. I plan to do another stim cycle starting Oct and hopefully get a lesser number of eggs but better quality. I plan to leave the frozen day 6 embie in reserve and not use it yet - My Dr said it's probably no good as it only hatched on day 6 and wasn't hatched enough to be biopsied It's just so hard - if chromosomally abnormal embryos can grow to day 5 or 6 but yet not be normal does the converse apply that one that slow down after day 3 is not necessarily abnormal because it is slower - maybe it just ran out of energy and would have been 'better in than out' so to speak.

Everything just takes so long! I think I was a bit naive about timing and thought you could do consecutive cycles and didn't realise the PGD added so much time (and angst) to the process. I keep being told time is of the essence but nothing happens quickly!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-08-2015),Charlie74  (28-08-2015),JulieMalooley  (28-08-2015),winsor  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    I keep being told time is of the essence but nothing happens quickly!
    Oh my god, isn't that the truth!

I am surprised that your FS said that about your frozen embryo. If they've frozen it, it means they think it could be viable. They would have no idea if its good or not until they put it back in.
    I think its a good idea to go for another stim though and keep it a a back up. Having said that there is a lady on the egg donor forum I am on who had her son after he had been in storage for 3 years. The first few 'better' embryos didn't work and she decided to take a break.
    Last edited by Bongley; 28-08-2015 at 09:59.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-08-2015),Charlie74  (28-08-2015)