Closed Thread
Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Petal40 Yay Luv!!! It's all looking good & heading in the right direction!!😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I haven't posted on here before but have a question. We are doing ivf for the second time and I was wondering if anyone on here has chosen to have two embryos implanted instead of one. We only have two left and were just told it will cost $3000 each month that I have an embryo transfer so we thought why not transfer two if there is no reason not to do it (it doesn't cost more to transfer two). Also Im getting nervous about it being our last chance and I don't want to drag things out, Id rather do it at once but I want to know if there is any reason not to do it that way.

About us, we are both turning 41 and have a son from our first IVF. He was our 5th embryo transfer. (Sorry I don't know how to read or write all the abbreviations.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there and welcome. @Webified what stage were your embies at? $3000 sounds a lot there should be a medicare rebate off that as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yah petal great rise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Embryos are day 5 frozen blastycysts. We got 3 and the first one didn't take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webified View Post
    Hi all, I haven't posted on here before but have a question. We are doing ivf for the second time and I was wondering if anyone on here has chosen to have two embryos implanted instead of one. We only have two left and were just told it will cost $3000 each month that I have an embryo transfer so we thought why not transfer two if there is no reason not to do it (it doesn't cost more to transfer two). Also Im getting nervous about it being our last chance and I don't want to drag things out, Id rather do it at once but I want to know if there is any reason not to do it that way.

About us, we are both turning 41 and have a son from our first IVF. He was our 5th embryo transfer. (Sorry I don't know how to read or write all the abbreviations.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Webified did you do any testing on the embryo's to see if they are normal?

If so, and you don't want the risk of twins, I would put back one.

But if you haven't done any testing in the embryo's, and are comfortable about having twins, I would def put back two.

It will also depend on how old you were when the eggs were collected. Were you a lot younger? That will affect whether your embryo's cod both be normal.

To put it in context, I just did a transfer with donor eggs from a 26 year old. We didn't test the embryo's as our donor was so young. We put back two great looking embryo's, both took, but only one is going still at 7weeks. If we had only put back one, we would have run the risk that it would be one that wouldn't take, or take, but then stop growing and it would have been all for nothing.

We don't have any children yet though, so twins was not a problem for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Webified I don't see why you can't transfer both if that's what you want to do.

The chances of both implanting at this age using your OE's (own eggs) is pretty small but if you're happy to take that chance then I say go for it!!😊

I've had 3 embryo's transferred at once for 2 Cycles. The last time resulted in my DD😊

ETA- Chiefsgirl makes a good point about whether they've been PGD tested & how old you were at EPU.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-08-2015 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Webified did you do any testing on the embryo's to see if they are normal?

If so, and you don't want the risk of twins, I would put back one.

But if you haven't done any testing in the embryo's, and are comfortable about having twins, I would def put back two.

It will also depend on how old you were when the eggs were collected. Were you a lot younger? That will affect whether your embryo's cod both be normal.

To put it in context, I just did a transfer with donor eggs from a 26 year old. We didn't test the embryo's as our donor was so young. We put back two great looking embryo's, both took, but only one is going still at 7weeks. If we had only put back one, we would have run the risk that it would be one that wouldn't take, or take, but then stop growing and it would have been all for nothing.

We don't have any children yet though, so twins was not a problem for us.
    WTF @Chiefsgirl ?!?!?! I missed that !! I was sure you'd have two bummer.
    Congrats @Petal40 thats a great result. @Webified, if they let you put back two I say go for it. I had an awful battle with my old clinic over letting me put in two embryos on my last cycle. Those ones were from a 34yo donor and didn't stick anyway, but when I was putting my own back, all retrieved after I was 40, they were happy to let me use two due to the lower odds. Good luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl - I missed that news too! When did you have a scan? What were the results (besides the fact that you have one bubba, not two) - what happened - heartbeat, measurements, etc - was waiting for an update but I guess I missed it! So excited for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Webified View Post

Hi @Webfield ☺️ I'm on my 6th transfer, and I've done 3 fresh & 3 frozen. On 2 fresh rounds we put 2 back in, but all Negative. More than likely wouldn't have been good enough quality to freeze and had 3 or 4 day transfers. With our frozen we have been doing 1 at a time, firstly as they seemed to be better quality (5 day) and secondly as we're not sure if we will continue IVF after all our frozen are gone, and I didn't want to risk putting good eggs into a bad environment. Meaning if something was stopping the implantation I didn't want to waste 2 eggs. I've had 1 negative & 2 positives (1 miscarriage) with the frozen cycles. Good luck!