Closed Thread
Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1131
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    608
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked
    1,488
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's so exciting @Chiefsgirl , congratulations 😊😊

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

    Chiefsgirl  (17-08-2015)

  3. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    So I had a follow up appt with dr m today. I'm back in the hospital for intralipids on Saturday and he has cut back the dose of my neupogen for a couple of days. My hcg came in and at 27dpo it is 38,413, so still on track for twins I think!
    @Chiefsgirl can you give me any indication how much it might cost without private cover? I'm trying to work out if I should do intralipids here or Cape Town...

  4. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    @Chiefsgirl can you give me any indication how much it might cost without private cover? I'm trying to work out if I should do intralipids here or Cape Town...
    Dr m I the most expensive (of course) dr around doing intralipids. He charges $650 and then it's a day stay in a private hospital, so not sure what they charge for that. When I had limited cover I had to pay about $320 per day stay, but I think I got some of that back, now my cover pays for it all.

    But I think wazza does it in rooms so it's cheaper.

    From what I've heard Cape Town is cheaper than dr m, not sure about wazza' costs.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

    JulieMalooley  (17-08-2015)

  6. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,687
    Thanks
    1,539
    Thanked
    5,797
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awesome levels chiefsgirl im saying triplets one of the embies could have split!!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

    Chiefsgirl  (18-08-2015)

  8. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,177
    Thanks
    20,904
    Thanked
    8,082
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    congrats @midnite01! wow. I can understand you being cautious but congrats on your bfp!

  9. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,177
    Thanks
    20,904
    Thanked
    8,082
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    congrats Chiefsgirl! how exciting

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    Chiefsgirl  (18-08-2015)

  11. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Dr m I the most expensive (of course) dr around doing intralipids. He charges $650 and then it's a day stay in a private hospital, so not sure what they charge for that. When I had limited cover I had to pay about $320 per day stay, but I think I got some of that back, now my cover pays for it all.

    But I think wazza does it in rooms so it's cheaper.

    From what I've heard Cape Town is cheaper than dr m, not sure about wazza' costs.
    Yes but there an extra three days of accommodation to add onto it if I do it in Cape Town

  12. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    congrats @midnite01! wow. I can understand you being cautious but congrats on your bfp!
    Oh god don't say that!
    @leyshoja, it's never easy is it? Maybe tally up the costs of extra accom in Cape Town vs the stress of finding a dr locally before you go, their costs etc, it might be easier to do it in CT?

  13. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You know what really gets my goat ??? The fact that I reckon intralipids will cost around $1000 here in Aus, with hospital costs etc, and how much do you reckon in CT. $245. Yes. $245 !!!!!! We are so ripped off in this country. Looks like I'm going to CT a bit earlier than expected.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 18-08-2015 at 07:43.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-08-2015),Charlie74  (18-08-2015),Petal40  (18-08-2015)

  15. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    You know what really gets my goat ??? The fact that I reckon intralipids will cost around $1000 here in Aus, with hospital costs etc, and how much do you reckon in CT. $245. Yes. $245 !!!!!! We are so ripped off in this country. Looks like I'm going to CT a bit earlier than expected.
    And don't forget the cost of progesterone here is so much more expensive than overseas!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-08-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-08-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic
Leading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an integrative approach all health professionals and offer diagnostic testing and natural treatment options suitable for the whole family.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!