Closed Thread
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1131
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl - yes forgot about that difference - ie Harmony (or any of the US based DNA tests) are not Medicare claimable but you can get a portion back from the Nuchal plus test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome @infinity888, as you've probably read I'm only a first timer on the pred and aspirin too (plus clexane and a whole swathe of other drugs) but if it can't hurt, why not I say! I'm also trying the intralipids but not sure if I'm just wasting money there or not. Good luck for your upcoming cycle !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx @Chiefsgirl I was wondering about the weaning off... If I happen to get a BFP how long would you stay on it? Remember I'm all but self prescribing as none of my Drs seem convinced..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Thx @Chiefsgirl I was wondering about the weaning off... If I happen to get a BFP how long would you stay on it? Remember I'm all but self prescribing as none of my Drs seem convinced..
    I am still on it😁 apparently I will start weaning at 14 weeks, I can't wait!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @infinity888, and welcome to our little group

I am fairly new here myself, having just joined a couple of weeks ago.

I just wanted to say 'hi' and let you know that whilst I am somewhat lacking in experience/technical knowledge of IVF, the one thing I can tell you for certain is that you cannot ever give up hope.

Like yours, my FS is very full of the negative. On my first stimulated cycle I was reduced to tears a few times, especially when confronted with my apparent odds of likely success - 5 to 10%. They were very consistent in reminding me of how unlikely it was that this would work for me, at my age. It felt as if there was no hope, and it is hardly surprising that nothing came of that cycle.

My second cycle was different. Whilst we only harvested 3 eggs (2 of which were successfully fertilised) and the first (fresh) transfer failed, the second (frozen) transfer was completely different.

I was lucky enough to have lab staff and consultants who were very encouraging. It was the little comments about good egg quality, about how 'it has to work for some people, why not you?' that made me feel there might be hope.

I was feeling good from the moment that little emby was transferred into me, and whilst I still have a llllooonnngggg way to go, I did get a BFP early this week.

The moral of the story (yes, yes, I'm getting there!) is that IVF might take away your dignity, your money, your sanity and your life, but never let it take your hope.

For some people, even at 'our age' IVF DOES WORK. We all have to hold onto the hope that WE might be THOSE PEOPLE.

I look forward to hearing all about your journey,

Krysta

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    I am still on it😁 apparently I will start weaning at 14 weeks, I can't wait!
    I bet lol. You are doing the intralipids too though, aren't you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question to the group if I may....Regarding HCG levels:-I had 224 at 16dp5dt. Then I read about other people having 670 at 4w2d. Am I under-achieving? Or does 16 days actually mean 2 weeks pregnant, and not the 4w2d that the others are talking about? I get confused with the aging...What is classed as a 'good' HCG for the time I was at when I was tested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @infinity888 Welcome Luv!!

Am sorry to hear about your past BFN's I think doing a basic immune protocol is worth a try too as is the suggestion of testing your embryo's for chromosomal abnormalities if you can afford it

the immune meds will get you accross the line on your next Cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    To all our Lovelies here with recent BFP's.....

Am extending an invitation to you all to come and join us over on the Over 40's Preggo/Parenting thread if you're not already there!!!

All the Girls are really friendly and a lot of them you will already know (including yours truly). We can help answer any of your questions (@krysta74 will reply to you over on that thread r.e HCG) or concerns

The thread was created as an extension of this one so as to keep the 2 topics separate in order for this thread not to end up a mish mash of TTC/Preggo/Parenting stuff all rolled into one, besides which it would've been far too big and no one would've been able to keep up with anybody and where they were at!!

Anyhoo..here's the link if you would like to join:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...44#post8292744

If not, feel free to PM me or any of the other Girls with any questions you might have
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 17-09-2015 at 14:48.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-09-2015),emski72  (17-09-2015),Petal40  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BIB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015)