Closed Thread
Page 110 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1131
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    @Bongley how are you feeling today? Hope the 2ww is treating you well ������
    hi @Petal40 I am trundling along, 3 more days until I test (haha, who am I kidding? I'll be peeing on sticks tomorrow)

Sorry can't help with the harmony test stuff, that was all introduced after my time.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-09-2015),Petal40  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Two on board and two hopefully headed to the freezer! now I watch silly movies, DH cooks us dinner and we hope for the best.
    @emski72 Yay!!! Welcome to the evil TWW. Hope you get another two frosties and I hope you won't be needing them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley 😂😂 I never understood the lure of the p stick, I'd always held off to the the day before BT. But this time I started because I was home sick & bored. And it is so addictive.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015),Bongley  (17-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    AFM I have a couple of days off work, we're expecting friends from Sydney this weekend as where we live the Carnival of Flowers starts this weekend, and tomorrow night we are off to the food and wine festival to watch some bands. Was planning on having a productive day at home, but the rainy weather makes me think I'll go get a pedi and have a bit of a relax as well.
    Just wanted some advice from anyone who's gotten the harmony test done. I have my OB appointment in a little over a week, so will ask about it, but just wanted to know if anyone has had one done, prices, how far along were you? Is it in place of the tests they do at 12 weeks? Thanks in advance ☺️☺️

Thanks @Petal

And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I am absolutely delighted you're not feeling well - it's such a great sign and I can't wait to join you!

Can I ask a personal question? Did you get sore boobs at all, and if so at what stage did that happen for you? (I know we are all different, but it's interesting to know.)

Re: The Harmony testing, it is something I will be doing and whilst I don't know much about it, my sister's friend (who also did IVF) had it done. She is late 30's, which is why she chose to look into it.

From what I was told about it, it was not something that was available rurally - she had to travel to a major city (Melbourne) to get it done. It cost her around the $500-$600 mark, which sounds like a lot of money but as I understand it, it is pretty much close to 100% accurate in ruling out DS and other conditions, and once you get your answer you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without that constant worry. She herself had previously been given quite a high risk of DS, so the harmony relieved her of that worry. Well worth the cost IMO!

I believe she had her tests done around the 10 week mark. I would still do all the regular scans (I think one is called the neachal fold or something (for DS) via ultrasound?) but Harmony eliminates the need for more invasive testing. Back in the day when my Mum was 45 and pregnant she had to have amniocentesis done - something she found very uncomfortable, and it comes with risks to bub. As far as I know the Harmony is a simple maternal blood test, so no risk present.

My sister also told me that the tests will disclose the gender of the baby, so it's really important if (like me) you want to keep that a surprise, to talk to your Doctor at the time of testing, and also before he/she tells you the results just in case they forget and let it slip!

That's all I know. I'm sure others will have more accurate advice for you.

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Krysta74 for what its worth I never got sore boobs but I think I am unusual in that way (I don't get sore boobs with PMS either). I did get the stomach muscle pain where you think you have done 100 sit ups the day before. Apparently that's the hormone 'relaxin' that relaxes the ligaments in the pelvis.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Krysta74 for what its worth I never got sore boobs but I think I am unusual in that way (I don't get sore boobs with PMS either). I did get the stomach muscle pain where you think you have done 100 sit ups the day before. Apparently that's the hormone 'relaxin' that relaxes the ligaments in the pelvis.

Oooh, interesting @Bongley!

I never get sore boobs with PMS either, but I sure have the sit-up feeling good and proper. I had that 6 days post transfer. It never really leaves me much, and is always worse in the evenings. In fact, sometimes it's that feeling that makes me kick hubby off the couch because I feel like I have to lie down.

I do get lower back pain from time to time too. And I pee twice a night now - I'm absolutely bursting to go at 2am and again at 6.30am, but during the day - not so much. I will rue the day I'm sure, but I'm kind of hoping for some more traditional symptoms

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petal - Re Harmony

I had the test at the insistence of my OB even though I used donor eggs and sperm (both from 25year olds) and have twins onboard.

The test is a combo of bloods and an ultrasound. The bloods go to the US and they pull out and identify the different DNA strands in the blood - looking for mother, father and babies then they compare several segments of the babies strands to look for 3 chromosomal problems incl Downs (bloods take 2 weeks). Part of the process is counselling by a doctor here about the possible outcomes of the test and also the possibility that the DNA won't be able to be sufficiently broken down to identify the various people components. I had it done at a private hospital in sydney and it was $395 - the same cost as the Nuchal Plus testing that you usually have at 12 weeks. My OB said the benefit of Harmony is that it has a much higher rate of identifing problems (about 90%+ if I remember correctly) and can be done earlier. He said tha he preferred the Harmony test first and then if any issues, to go and do further testing not to use the Harmony after the Nuchal Plus test as it had a lower accuracy rate so often created unnecessary angst. The OB then had me do an early morphology scan at 14w to do a check on brain, limb and cleft pallet (SP ?) development.

Also, if you are having a singleton, it can id the gender via the DNA. With twins, it is less reliable re gender and they told me it would id if there was a male baby but they couldn't confirm if both were male or either were female - I am not finding out gender until birth so I didn't go any further into that discussion.

Some people say Harmony isn't the best for twins but my OB said it was fine and was happy with the results. (Which was that I/we had less than 1 in 10,000 chance of having any of the issues which is the best score the test gives.) Personally, I was happy I had it done and am happy to say 'go for it'. There are other types of similar tests around (Harmony is a brand name) so you may want to do some research in case a different test appeals or your doctor suggests a different one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-09-2015),Chiefsgirl  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Cathy69 for such great info!

Krysta

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #16

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Petal - Re Harmony

I had the test at the insistence of my OB even though I used donor eggs and sperm (both from 25year olds) and have twins onboard.

The test is a combo of bloods and an ultrasound. The bloods go to the US and they pull out and identify the different DNA strands in the blood - looking for mother, father and babies then they compare several segments of the babies strands to look for 3 chromosomal problems incl Downs (bloods take 2 weeks). Part of the process is counselling by a doctor here about the possible outcomes of the test and also the possibility that the DNA won't be able to be sufficiently broken down to identify the various people components. I had it done at a private hospital in sydney and it was $395 - the same cost as the Nuchal Plus testing that you usually have at 12 weeks. My OB said the benefit of Harmony is that it has a much higher rate of identifing problems (about 90%+ if I remember correctly) and can be done earlier. He said tha he preferred the Harmony test first and then if any issues, to go and do further testing not to use the Harmony after the Nuchal Plus test as it had a lower accuracy rate so often created unnecessary angst. The OB then had me do an early morphology scan at 14w to do a check on brain, limb and cleft pallet (SP ?) development.

Also, if you are having a singleton, it can id the gender via the DNA. With twins, it is less reliable re gender and they told me it would id if there was a male baby but they couldn't confirm if both were male or either were female - I am not finding out gender until birth so I didn't go any further into that discussion.

Some people say Harmony isn't the best for twins but my OB said it was fine and was happy with the results. (Which was that I/we had less than 1 in 10,000 chance of having any of the issues which is the best score the test gives.) Personally, I was happy I had it done and am happy to say 'go for it'. There are other types of similar tests around (Harmony is a brand name) so you may want to do some research in case a different test appeals or your doctor suggests a different one.
    Thanks @Cathy69 , I am defiantly keen to get it done. I thought the 10 wk mark was about the time frame, and I see my OB for he first visit at just over 9 wks, so hopefully will work out. I definitely like the idea that it's less invasive, and the accuracy seems high as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #16

@Krysta74 I've had sore BBs since about a week after transfer, but I think the progesterone (crinone) causes that a bit with me. However I've gone up a bra size already! I'm feeling very busty & they are quite sensitive. And the toilet thing sounds like me. I go a couple of times during the night too, but not so much during the day.
    I defiantly think the harmony test is the way to go, and like you, I definitely want the sex of the baby to be a surprise, so will have to make sure they are aware of that ☺️

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-09-2015)