Closed Thread
Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1131
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=BlondeinBrisvegas;8292396]@Krysta74 Aaah..I see Luv I'm sure there'll be a good GP in your town somewhere!!

your OB on Monday is a good fit for you. Will you have your viability scan with your Clinic or just go with your OB from here on in?? I don't envy you doing bookwork!!! Have fun with that!!

Hi BIB

The Fertility Clinic has given me the paperwork for the 6 week scan, but I won't be having it done in their clinic as that is 5 hours from where I live. All of my follicle scans have been done at my local hospital (over the back fence!) which is good in one way - easy to get to - but bad in that I have to pay out of pocket for them. My clinic got a good deal with me I reckon - they keep an eye on my medications but otherwise rarely see me, except for the actual procedures.

I got onto the local Doctor because I sort of feel a bit alone out here. My clinic says that if I have questions I should always call them, but unless something disasterous happens (fingers crossed NOT) I don't usually call them. I sort of feel like I would like to actually sit face-to-face with a Doctor and have a chat about the whole thing. I know so little about 'where I go from here' and I don't feel like I get any guidance on that from my Clinic.

I know my local Doctor has taken steps to get a copy of my records (with my consent, of course) so I suspect they will probably take over most of my care? What else can my Clinic really do for me now? Or am I missing something, lol?

I just think that being that I am 41, this is my first ever pregnancy, and that I really don't know what I'm doing, I need a bit of guidance....

Krysta

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Krysta74 I totally understand Luv

Not many of us do know what we're doing once we get a BFP as we've never been there before!!! It's not the same when it's family or friends though they're good for a bit of a heads up on what to possibly expect

When it comes to care, it depends what you're going to do. If you're going Private with an OB, then he/she will look after you. If you're going with the Public system (hospital and such), you can do shared care with your GP in combination with the Midwives/OB's at the hospital if everything is ok with you both and you don't have any major issues etc.

Most Public hospitals offer Midwife level of care model where you go with them for the majority of your appointments up there and see an OB at certain stages. If you're classed as "High Risk" for whatever reason, you'd be looked after by an OB for all of your hospital appointments.

Come on over to the Over 40's Parenting Thread that myself & some of the Lovelies are on and the Girls there will be able to help you out Here's the link:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...54#post8292354

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "When it comes to care, it depends what you're going to do. If you're going Private with an OB, then he/she will look after you. If you're going with the Public system (hospital and such), you can do shared care with your GP in combination with the Midwives/OB's at the hospital if everything is ok with you both and you don't have any major issues etc.

Most Public hospitals offer Midwife level of care model where you go with them for the majority of your appointments up there and see an OB at certain stages. If you're classed as "High Risk" for whatever reason, you'd be looked after by an OB for all of your hospital appointments."

Well, since i live in a tiny remote town and have no private health insurance, I'm going to see if I can just keep seeing the OBGYN for my care and then birth at the city hospital about 130km away. It's just a public hospital but has a pretty good rep.

In a perfect world, I would just like to birth with a midwife present, but we all know that nothing is ever perfect in IVF land, lol.

Krysta

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015),Bongley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta74 View Post
    "When it comes to care, it depends what you're going to do. If you're going Private with an OB, then he/she will look after you. If you're going with the Public system (hospital and such), you can do shared care with your GP in combination with the Midwives/OB's at the hospital if everything is ok with you both and you don't have any major issues etc.

Most Public hospitals offer Midwife level of care model where you go with them for the majority of your appointments up there and see an OB at certain stages. If you're classed as "High Risk" for whatever reason, you'd be looked after by an OB for all of your hospital appointments."

Well, since i live in a tiny remote town and have no private health insurance, I'm going to see if I can just keep seeing the OBGYN for my care and then birth at the city hospital about 130km away. It's just a public hospital but has a pretty good rep.

In a perfect world, I would just like to birth with a midwife present, but we all know that nothing is ever perfect in IVF land, lol.

Krysta
    I went Public too...no PHI either!!

No complaints from me😊

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Krysta74 it's a kind of strange limbo land to be in, between clinic and OB. After being with my clinic and doing so many cycles in the last 18 months, I feel at a bit of a loss now that part has finished. I guess they've done their part now, and I have a week and a half until I see my OB. But I just went to my GP & chatted with her and got a referral. And as for symptoms, my MS has only kicked off yesterday, and I'll be 8 wks this Saturday. It is nice to have some symptoms, so here's wishing you feel some soon! ❤️

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-09-2015),Blossom74  (17-09-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @leyshoja , how exciting, so close now!!
    And @Tahli , I can't imagine how exciting it must be.
    I hope all your travels go smoothly & safely & you both come home with sticky embies on board ☺️

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley how are you feeling today? Hope the 2ww is treating you well 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #16

@emski72 that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! How amazing to be able to watch hat miracle of life as it happens. Blows my mind. I hope your 2ww goes quickly ☺️
    Last edited by Petal40; 17-09-2015 at 08:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM I have a couple of days off work, we're expecting friends from Sydney this weekend as where we live the Carnival of Flowers starts this weekend, and tomorrow night we are off to the food and wine festival to watch some bands. Was planning on having a productive day at home, but the rainy weather makes me think I'll go get a pedi and have a bit of a relax as well.
    Just wanted some advice from anyone who's gotten the harmony test done. I have my OB appointment in a little over a week, so will ask about it, but just wanted to know if anyone has had one done, prices, how far along were you? Is it in place of the tests they do at 12 weeks? Thanks in advance ☺️☺️

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I went Public too...no PHI either!!

No complaints from me������
    I went public too, at RPA, great care. My son had a heart condition in the womb that they discovered and treated very quickly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post: