+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Leaving children in cars...this topic again

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I used to live around the area where the car was stolen - I would describe it as reasonably dodgy. An unattended running car is an open invitation to a criminal.

Relieved to hear the little baby is okay.
    I wouldn't think any area surrounding Telopea is dodgy? Carlingford, Epping, Oatlands.

But then again, I grew up in Mt Druitt so my idea of dodgy is probably a bit different to others
    Last edited by BigRedV; 13-08-2015 at 11:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The baby is only OK because a civilian took the description of the car and drove off to look for it.
    He said when he found the baby (pure luck) the baby was screaming it's little head off and not one person came out of their house to see what was going on.
    On one hand, at least the thief had the sense to leave the child somewhere but on the other, he was close to a gutter and absolutely ANYTHING could have happened to him.
    I'm sorry but leaving a car running with keys it in, even without your child in it, is bl00dy STUPID! There are opportunists everywhere.
    Last edited by Phony; 13-08-2015 at 11:24.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-08-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-08-2015),Maddmumma  (13-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    The baby is only OK because a civilian took the description of the car and drove off to look for it.
    He said when he found the baby (pure luck) the baby was screaming it's little head off and not one person came out of their house to see what was going on.
    On one hand, at least the thief had the sense to leave the child somewhere but on the other, he was close to a gutter and absolutely ANYTHING could have happened to him.
    I'm sorry but leaving a car running with keys it in, even without your child in it, is bl00dy STUPID! There are opportunists everywhere.
    Yep.

I leave my kids in car while paying for petrol but the keys are always with me.

I am sure it a mistake that mum will never make again. I feel sorry for her as we all make stupid mistakes sometimes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Phony  (13-08-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah agreed.

Leaving bubs in the car for a very short time when car is near ... generally I wouldnt judge without knowing a good deal about the circumstances.

Leaving bubs in the car with the keys in the ignition ... OMG NO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (13-08-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah agreed.

Leaving bubs in the car for a very short time when car is near ... generally I wouldnt judge without knowing a good deal about the circumstances.

Leaving bubs in the car with the keys in the ignition ... OMG NO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk about a lapse in judgment, poor woman, I feel awful for her. She won't do that again! I leave the kids in the car all the time for very short periods but I never, ever leave the keys. Ever. And I always lock the car. Each to their own, I know parents that never leave kids in the car (my husband is one of them) and if that works for them, fabulous. But yeah, keys in the ignition, baby or not in the car, is just asking for someone to steal it.

But I really feel awful for her. She obviously just didn't think.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (13-08-2015),Phony  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor woman. She must have been frantic. And the poor baby who apparently was screaming it's head off.

But yeah, not a good decision by the mum. I would not leave my baby sleeping while I collected my kids from daycare because I wouldn't be able to see the car.
    Once my daughter was really sick and I couldn't take her into the centre (in case of spreading it) so I called the daycare and asked them to bring my son to the front door. So they were waiting for me and brought him to the car park when I pulled up. There is always an alternative.

I have left them in the car when getting petrol when there has not been a pay at the pump option. But always locked the car and kept them in full sight. So the risk is very low. Leaving the keys in the ignition is really not a good choice. But certainly this mum will be feeling terrible enough without anyone having to tell her that!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-08-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-08-2015),Phony  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I wouldn't think any area surrounding Telopea is dodgy? Carlingford, Epping, Oatlands.

But then again, I grew up in Mt Druitt so my idea of dodgy is probably a bit different to others
    There's some dodgy pockets in Telopea - ever been to Telopea shops?

You are right though, I'm sure it has nothing on Mt Druitt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Very very glad this didn't end any other way- regardless of the mother not being arrested.