+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I think Centrelink are moving away from direct payments and are making employers pay it for them on their behalf.
    Yep. I asked to be paid direct from centrelink and they told me no and that they were paying it to my employer who would then take tax out and pay it to me in the regular pay cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am Currently looking into it. You can no longer get the PPL directly from the Centrelink which I prefer. Yes, you can take them concurrently. I would do so just in case the rules change in the near future. The govt PPL will help me to stay at home a bit longer with the bub after employer PPL ceases. It isn't "double dipping".....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fina14 View Post
    So if our company can afford to pay maternity leave out of our own funds then we don't have to communicate at all with centrelink. This employee is a close family friend who is a great worker so we do want the best financial outcome for her.
    As long as she's due before July 1 2016 ( and the double dipping rule still hasn't pasted to my knowledge) she can claim leave provided by you and the centerlink money.
    The centerlink money she has to apply for directly and can elect to have it paid by you or straight form centerlink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Paid parental leave and double dipping

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    I thought you could take them concurrently? Where did you find out that you can't?

Generally the government paid leave is paid through your employer, not Centrelink.
    When I went to Centrelink the other week. I was told that I could not receive PPL and receive money from my employer at the same time.... (My employer wants to 'top up' or 'supplement' the PPL as their is a vast difference between my normal salary and PPL))

It wouldn't surprise me if I was told BS though. They don't seem to give me straight answers anytime I talk to them about PPL.
    Last edited by Blinky76; 13-08-2015 at 08:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I've always taken mine concurrently and will be doing so again when #3 arrives shortly.