+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I do take it in the mornings. Its almost been 2 weeks since I started taking the Zoloft, I understand everyone is different but when should I start to feel better and not have side effects? It makes mornings so so hard 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What did your dr say? I would have thought 2-4 weeks before you start feeling better, but that would depend on dosage. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He said roughly a month for the medication to have full effect. I just feel like I could cry. I just want to feel better. I have no motivation to do anything. I'm so sick of feeling tired all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything just feels so hard. I don't think I can do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rubytuesday24 View Post
    Everything just feels so hard. I don't think I can do it.
    Have you got any family that can come stay with you to help out?
    Not sure what state you are in but St John of God Private in Sydney has a mum n baby PND ward you could look into for some help and a rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Postnatal Depression

What dose are you on? We're all different but I had 2 weeks on 50mg with no change and then the dr upped me to 100mg and after 2 weeks on that I felt much better. It's all really trial and error in the beginning of taking meds and figuring out what works for you. Other pills I've taken took a month to work but it was with a different GP, not sure why this GP felt two weeks was enough time to know if she needed to up the dose or not.

Did they put you on Zoloft because you're breastfeeding?

Eta: I promise you'll feel better, it's just all about waiting and doing what you can to take care of yourself until then. Do you have a counselor as well?
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 24-08-2015 at 21:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on 50mg at the moment and go back to see the dr tomorrow. I have an appointment with a counselor early next week. If anything, I'm starting to feel worse.
    I'm not sure why they have put me on Zoloft, I'm not breastfeeding. I could so easily give up at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd increase your dose to 100mg, going to 75mg for a week then 100mg. After I had DS I had only minimum relief from 100mg and only felt much better on 150mg. This time 50mg is working well for me. Chat to your doctor about it but if things are that bad for you I doubt 50mg would be enough. Chin up you will get through it and things will get better

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is taking me to the doctors today as I haven't stopped crying all morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope your Dr offers you some thing which really helps, perhaps inpatients mother and baby unit, or an increase in meds.
    So sorry you are feeling this way.
    Hugs.